Page 150 of 177 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2641
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This makes me wonder if John not having any other plans means he currently has no surviving family (Lynn who?) in-continuity and if Barry invites all the current GL's to Christmas with Iris. Well, probably not Jessica because that would be awkward .

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly, I'd have had John/Yrra story go in the direction of kids. Yrra's personality seems like the sort of person who'd reconsider her life choices if she woke up one day and realized John had gotten her pregnant.

Yeah, that's not the thing that goes well with magic reset button stories though.
    Yeah the whole concept of her character is all about her getting revenge, because of the destruction of Xanshi. Her being a Star Sapphire helped her soften her heart a little. I do think she's able to change for good if she had kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I pre-ordered the trade HC earlier this year. Can't wait to read it again!

It would've been interesting that his tattoo ring had connection to his Guardian Powers. It would've blend so well in this current run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I pre-ordered the trade HC earlier this year. Can't wait to read it again!

It would've been interesting that his tattoo ring had connection to his Guardian Powers. It would've blend so well in this current run.
    This year has flown by, making this story relevant again, lol

Seems like the tatoo ring is a similar idea to what we're seeing now

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That's the type of character I prefer, because it resembles his no-nonsense leadership from the cartoons. Everyone has their own opinions on this, though.

Also, how many times has Xanshi was brought up on this run? I've only seen it brought up once. It was only mentioned to acknowledge that the planet was considered a Crux world, along with Krypton being destroyed as well. I didn't see anywhere else this was brought up. Also I haven't read anywhere John being filled with guilt over blowing up a planet in a long time. The last time was in Scott Snyder's Justice League run in the first arc from what I remember.

I think central power battery may not even come back and the Green Lanterns may have a different power source this time around. I really feel that, especially from the conversation Sinestro was having with Jo.

Jo's inclusion was mandated, along with the other human GLs who's not named John. The pitch was originally supposed to be a John Stewart solo.
    It still amuses me no end that Krypton is a Crux world. There's something fundamentally flawed with the prime universe if it picked "the planet that almost always blows up prematurely" as one of its "planets that must be protected at all costs" worlds. I'm sure that the other universes are having a good chuckle over that.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    It still amuses me no end that Krypton is a Crux world. There's something fundamentally flawed with the prime universe if it picked "the planet that almost always blows up prematurely" as one of its "planets that must be protected at all costs" worlds. I'm sure that the other universes are having a good chuckle over that.
    I mean, it is highly known for science, which attracted others like Braniac to the planet. And of course one of the most iconic superheroes among pop culture came from there. So I can understand why it's considered a Crux world that was left unprotected unfortunately. But yeah, one of the most important planets in the DCU always blowing up prematurely is definitely flawed lol

I don't know, Krypton blew up what, 40 years ago? Before that Krypton did its thing for hundreds (thousands?) of years.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know, Krypton blew up what, 40 years ago? Before that Krypton did its thing for hundreds (thousands?) of years.
    Died a victim of its own hubris as well, not like the Corps failed to stop an invasion of what have you. Don’t really consider it’s death to be a failure of the Corps although I do think it speaks to the inefficiency of the GLC. How many worlds die simply because there aren’t enough Lanterns to cover anything? DC Cosmic gets really grim dark if you think about it lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Died a victim of its own hubris as well, not like the Corps failed to stop an invasion of what have you. Don’t really consider it’s death to be a failure of the Corps although I do think it speaks to the inefficiency of the GLC. How many worlds die simply because there aren’t enough Lanterns to cover anything? DC Cosmic gets really grim dark if you think about it lol.
    I don't consider it a complete failure, but it happened in their sector. So it's understandable why the Guardians feel that way. I'm sure these are one of the reasons why the United Planets are created, so issues like that doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Died a victim of its own hubris as well, not like the Corps failed to stop an invasion of what have you. DonÂ’t really consider itÂ’s death to be a failure of the Corps although I do think it speaks to the inefficiency of the GLC. How many worlds die simply because there arenÂ’t enough Lanterns to cover anything? DC Cosmic gets really grim dark if you think about it lol.
    The low density of Green Lanterns is one of the (many) reasons I balk at the notion of portraying the GLC as some sort of "cosmic police force." There's frankly not enough of them to "keep the peace" throughout the universe, by a few orders of magnitude. And that's okay - they're not cops. They're wandering knights, given the charge to do good deeds in their sectors as they see fit (within certain defined rules), and answering to the inscrutable whims of the Guardians when they choose to give direct commands.

And that's the thing about the Guardians - they take the billion-year view. The ephemeral political concerns of a star system (or, indeed, of a galaxy) shouldn't necessarily concern them. Their stratagems play out over geological time. So, while they may have mysterious and unknowable plans relating to things like "Crux worlds" and things like that, most of the time they aren't particularly concerned by whether a Green Lantern rescues a random planet from a supernova, or puts a stop to a random planetary despot on Beta Regula IX, or something. But they might. They also might order a GL to rescue a space cat on a distant planet. They're weird, they see the big picture, and they don't like to share it.

So the GLs patrol/roam their sectors, doing good. Some of them anal-retentively try to prioritize the threats in their sectors, maximizing their efficiency. Others spend most of their time protecting their homeworlds/systems, mostly venturing out only when beckoned by the Guardians. Some explore, seeking out adventure. Others, not so much.

At least, that's how I see it.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED