Page 166 of 177 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, because a Flash and a GL need to be a friendship when they're on a team together like Barry tends to get written like Wally because that's what some writers are used to on the JL.
    eh, that's fan projection and kinda irrelevant to the point. Snyder was fully aware of who he was writing, even if fans feel he's "written like Wally", he's still Barry and the relationship is established. I think it's way past the point for fans to accept that the post-Flashpoint take on Barry is just a lighter "more Wally-like" character than he was before; the characterization is pretty much his standard at this point.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    eh, that's fan projection and kinda irrelevant to the point. Snyder was fully aware of who he was writing, even if fans feel he's "written like Wally", he's still Barry and the relationship is established. I think it's way past the point for fans to accept that the post-Flashpoint take on Barry is just a lighter "more Wally-like" character than he was before; the characterization is pretty much his standard at this point.
    In team books versus his solo book, yeah.

I mean, Snyder and most JL writers default to the DCAU for team dynamics and that's when Barry usually comes off at his most Wally-esque. I think the only writers to deliberately go against that is Christopher Priest and Geoff Johns (who already had experience writing both Wally and Barry individually).

I would assume when Joshua Williamson inevitably starts writing JL he'd probably write The Flashes distinct from each other.

I think it's a mistake to have their personalities be so interchangeable. Barry is an introverted scientist and Wally is a lighter, more comedic guy who acts on intuition.

I rather John had a different dynamic depending on which Flash he is interacting with. Like he could treat Barry as a respected collegue but more of a straight man/big brother figure to Wally who is less mature compared to John's more serious and professional approach.

"What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't thinking anything!"

"Obviously."

I'll never forget Barry and Jessica Cruz being a thing .

BANNED

John does have unique dynamic with Barry though-- As you all pointed out, Barry feels more comfortable letting loose and being social when he's with John.

It's not unlike how I'm more extroverted with certain friends and more introverted with others. I think many of us naturally compensate for those with bigger personalities by being the straight man and compensate for those with more understated personalities by being more outgoing.

If John could have a love interest besides anyone he has canonically hooked up with? Who should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If John could have a love interest besides anyone he has canonically hooked up with? Who should it be?
    A brand new character created just for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    A brand new character created just for him.
    Hmm... they didn't do that already?

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-28-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John does have unique dynamic with Barry though-- As you all pointed out, Barry feels more comfortable letting loose and being social when he's with John.

It's not unlike how I'm more extroverted with certain friends and more introverted with others. I think many of us naturally compensate for those with bigger personalities by being the straight man and compensate for those with more understated personalities by being more outgoing.
    That's not really unique to John though unless you think Barry's just a straight man to Hal. I guess it would feel more genuine if it didn't just seem like writers writing Barry more like Wally for the umpteenth time.

Wally at least you had a distinct dynamic with every GL he got paired with (John, Hal, Kyle, etc.)

In team books versus his solo book, yeah.

I mean, Snyder and most JL writers default to the DCAU for team dynamics and that's when Barry usually comes off at his most Wally-esque. I think the only writers to deliberately go against that is Christopher Priest and Geoff Johns (who already had experience writing both Wally and Barry individually).

I would assume when Joshua Williamson inevitably starts writing JL he'd probably write The Flashes distinct from each other.
    Barry's personality always has been inconsistent. IIRC Geoff Johns has sort of written Barry like DCAU Wally in the N52 Justice League. The comic book version of Wally is different than the DCAU version until John joined the JLA team.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Besides the Hawk introduced by Thorne? Hm needs to be someone with a lighter and brighter attitude to contrast with John. Hell how about Fire? He could go on a double date with Guy
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is excellent. Just finished Far Sector a couple of weeks ago. I know it's likely impossible due to him being being busy drawing Naomi Season Two, but I'd love to see him do an issue or two of Green Lantern again.
    Same here. I love his artwork. I'm curious on how this New God like powers John would look like under his pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Barry's personality always has been inconsistent. IIRC Geoff Johns has sort of written Barry like DCAU Wally in the N52 Justice League. The comic book version of Wally is different than the DCAU version until John joined the JLA team.
    I think New 52 JL Barry was pretty consistent (barring Johns taking a Wally moment he wrote and applying it to Barry and Cyborg).

I think New 52 JL Barry was pretty consistent (barring Johns taking a Wally moment he wrote and applying it to Barry and Cyborg).
    Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato's run on New 52 Flash was more consistent on how Geoff Johns written the character pre-52. Geoff Johns in some ways altered Barry's personality in JL so he can build a dynamic with Hal.