Page 71 of 177 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That's a good point. We hardly ever talk about the ending John Stewart adventure, but rather how his adventure starts. Hopefully things will start changing when Green Lantern begins.

I agree. I think that's what Redjack is trying to do.

From what I remember in the interview, is that Redjack did talk about the Superbooks, regarding the United Planets. It's interesting, because how does this concept fit within the Green Lantern mythos. So we have to wonder how big of a role United Planets will be in the Green Lantern mythos. Would this new government even cause a conflict with the Green Lantern Corps if they don't need lantern assistance anymore? So it does leave in some questions. I didn't know that the superbooks is moving towards the cosmic angle (I might pick it up). So it's possible there can be a connection there. I think the Green Lantern mythos is moving into a new direction, which I think it's needed to build new readership.
    If you read the article I posted above, Redjack is going to go into the relationship between the Guardians, the GLC, and the new United Planets.
    So the political shakeup that was created in the Superman books, by creating the United Planets in the Milky Way galaxy, has basically thrown thrown a light on the guardians and saying, ‘Well, look, fellas, we’re not sure we need you if we’re going to be running our own show. So how’s that going to work?’ And so that’s sort of the point of issue one,” he says. “That discussion is a large component of issue one. It’s not something I made up, but the ripple effect of creating the nine planets to me was very interesting. And DC wanted that partially as sort of a West Wing vibe to some of this, and I was like, ‘Well, that’s going to be dull. There’s not a lot of shooting monsters in the West Wing.'”

He adds, “There’s going to be a lot of political intrigue. There’s going to be a lot of what is their [the Lantern Corps] new role in the new shape of the galaxy? What are the Green Lanterns? What’s the Green Lantern function going to be within this new context? The United Planets has its own group, the United Planets Brigade, so what the hell do we need these Green Lanterns for? And what’s their jurisdiction that we are the government now? Like, are the guardians the government? Were they the government? They’re not our rulers; they just sort of show up and dispense justice. According to who?”
    He’s a big Star Trek fan so I’m not surprised he’s tackling that stuff .
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you read the article I posted above, Redjack is going to go into the relationship between the Guardians, the GLC, and the new United Planets.

He’s a big Star Trek fan so I’m not surprised he’s tackling that stuff .
    I read the article. Thanks! So it seems like Green Lantern is gonna be the main entry point where they start expanding these concepts. I’m glad he’s tackling these elements.

Since you brought up how there’s this fix number of Green Lantern patrolling these sectors, I wonder whether he’s alluding to removing these fix numbers for the green lantern corps and sectors for good by the numerous deaths that’s gonna happen with the green lanterns?

I also like how he talked about John Stewart in that article.

Hah, knew I wasn’t the only one who had a problem with that.
    I don't know, it always worked for me as an explanation why certain Lantern (or entire GLC) is not around to help - they are patrolling very large sectors. But we can probably do away with specific numbers since Earth has 10 Lanterns anyway.

Only point I’m iffy on is lots of GLs dying. Guessing it’s for the purpose of forcing the GLC to evolve, but the GLs have just been slaughtered so often it’s sort of lost its impact. But the rest I am excited for!
    Yeah, I'd probably prefer if most of them were just given office jobs or something like that if rings are going down.

From the interview:

Thorne says he’ll be “introducing at least one new Green Lantern and at least one brand new to the audience that you’ve not seen before.”
    Fingers crossed that it is not another new human Lantern.

I expect at the very least the “one Lantern per sector” rule will be abolished since it was always a joke after they made multiple human GLs.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I expect at the very least the “one Lantern per sector” rule will be abolished since it was always a joke after they made multiple human GLs.
    I believe it was originally one lantern per sector, but it changed to two.

But yea, the fixed number of lanterns per sector may be gone.

Concept art of John from the Snyder Cut.

https://twitter.com/jojoaguilar33/st...614400/photo/2

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Not a bad GL design.

Looks awesome!!! I love that metallic outfit. Since John is without the mask, then it seems to be a more experienced John.

Looks better than MM, shame that we didn't get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I believe it was originally one lantern per sector, but it changed to two.

But yea, the fixed number of lanterns per sector may be gone.
    honestly, I think the overall concept of the core needs a rework. Move away form the army and space cop ideaology.

One of the aspects that always nagged me about GL is that he's suppose to be patroling this huge sector of space but he's on earth half the time. It'd be nice if that could be addressed so it's less of an issue.

Other then that my only other concern about GL is how he's shown in live action. The Ryan Reynolds movie still gives me concern about hpw WB would handle a GL movie, but I think it can be done.

For aduiences I believe they should start out with simple/practicle constructs kind fo like the Justice League cartoon did then evolve into more advanced constructs as audience grow more comfortable with the character and his abilities.
    The J-man

Giving me Daniel Kaluuya vibes. Hopefully DC keeps him in mind for the future. Especially if W’kabi doesn’t survive the events of Black Panther 2. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

*squints*

Is that models face based upon....stripper pole guy that was all over social media recently? Big pass for me.
    Don't complain. Create.

Word is the actor was Wayne T. Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    honestly, I think the overall concept of the core needs a rework. Move away form the army and space cop ideaology.

One of the aspects that always nagged me about GL is that he's suppose to be patroling this huge sector of space but he's on earth half the time. It'd be nice if that could be addressed so it's less of an issue.

Other then that my only other concern about GL is how he's shown in live action. The Ryan Reynolds movie still gives me concern about hpw WB would handle a GL movie, but I think it can be done.

For aduiences I believe they should start out with simple/practicle constructs kind fo like the Justice League cartoon did then evolve into more advanced constructs as audience grow more comfortable with the character and his abilities.
    Who knows, maybe some of this will be addressed and changed in the new Green Lantern run. The way the GLC is currently organized, it would have to be organized differently, based on how the United Planets would fits in with the structure of the universe.

It would be interesting if a new GL movie comes along the way, some elements will be based off of Redjack's work

I have no problem with basic constructs on the live action film, because it seems a little bit more realistic. I feel if it resembles the comic versions, it'll feel a little cartoony.

Extraordinary Member

That's a great design.