Page 142 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ugh God I hope this doesn’t go for the cliche Batman teams up with the Squad and takes everyone down plot. But it’s cool to see John there! Wonder if they’ll actually kill them all though?
    I think Batman isn’t there because he’s dead in this universe. Or am I confusing my games ahah

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I think Batman isn’t there because he’s dead in this universe. Or am I confusing my games ahah
    It does takes place during the Batman Arkham video game series, so that's why we don't see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I think Bruce has gone underground since the Scarecrow exposed his identity. I just hope that theory of him teaming up with the squad to unbrainwash the league isn’t true.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's been WAAAAY long overdue. I'm glad that the long wait is finally paying off for us fans.

What leaked JL roster?
    I remember when folks were staying John was not ready for prime time.

It will either be John solo or John and Hal buddy cop movie, count on it. But holy **** FINALLY another GL movie!
    As long as the story is good, with accurate character beats, I'm winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but it's never been like the deep and personal enmity. If anything Sinestro respects and likes John compared to the other GL's.

Even the DCAU gave John Hal's thing of being more personable with Sinestro and helping be the one who brought him down.
    Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think Bruce has gone underground since the Scarecrow exposed his identity. I just hope that theory of him teaming up with the squad to unbrainwash the league isn’t true.
    Yeah he’s definitely not “dead”. I’m just hoping this isn’t another Batwank where he’s the one who saves the day alongside the Squad. I’d take them actually killing off the League over that
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I could see it being like WW: Bloodlines, where they put a bunch in to sell the franchise overall. Like they could have flashbacks to the 70s origin, with the main plot being an adaptation of Emerald Twilight or Sinestro Corps War. I imagine Guy Gardner will appear to link this to the HBO show. You can cover a lot in 60-90 minutes.

Whatever it is, I hope John takes center stage and that it's done well. Like others have said, it's long overdue.
    Really hope it isn’t throwing everything at the kitchen sink like Bloodlines was. They’re only just getting started in building up the new shared universe, no need to rush things.
    I'm hoping it's the equivalent of First Flight for John if it's a solo film for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    John didn't have personal enmity with Sinestro in JLU. He was just *one* of the GL's who got Sinestro ousted from the GLC and Sinestro was trying to kill Kyle Rayner in S:TAS long before John was introduced to the DCAU. In JLU, you never got the sense there was any personal rivalry between John and Sinestro, he was just another GL for Sinestro to body.
    The Static episode made it sound more personal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So much swag in one still.

Stjepan Sejic

BANNED

Looks like the origin film we should've gotten.

The Man of Steel
    The Dark Knight
    The Champion of the Amazons
    The Hammer of Dawn/Emerald Architect
    The Fastest Man Alive

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-16-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I mean I’d take it over me brutally murdering some of my favorite characters...and before anyone brings up Injustice it was the comics/story that killed the characters I personally while fighting never killed the characters myself. That’s at least where I see the difference.

I guess I just don’t want to gun down John while playing as Deadshot is all I’m saying.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

The Man of Steel
    The Dark Knight
    The Fastest Man Alive

Honestly, imagine if the Wizard Ultimate DC line up was a thing right along side Ultimate Marvel. How long would it really last.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I’d take it over me brutally murdering some of my favorite characters...and before anyone brings up Injustice it was the comics/story that killed the characters I personally while fighting never killed the characters myself. That’s at least where I see the difference.

I guess I just don’t want to gun down John while playing as Deadshot is all I’m saying.
    Think most people would rather be playing as the League instead of killing them
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Honestly, imagine if the Wizard Ultimate DC line up was a thing right along side Ultimate Marvel. How long would it really last.
    Probably as long as any other run.

It's not about how long it lasts. The Millar Ultimates books not only had an effect on 616, it was also where the MCU drew a significant amount of their inspiration. It was a pivotal line creatively.

The Man of Steel
    The Dark Knight
    The Fastest Man Alive

Just missing the King of the Sea and the Last Son of Mars.

The future is really looking bright for John compared to a decade ago. All we need is for Wayne T. Carr to get a solo film and we’re set.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"