Page 53 of 177 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So I listened to Redjack's podcast and I thought it was good and I'll give in some notes on what he said from the interview about his Green Lantern book:

• There are “cool” story ideas he has for Jessica, so she’ll make an appearance.
    • Hal Jordan will appear in the book “occasionally”. And no, the character isn’t going to be torn down. He said it’s going to be the Hal Jordan everyone recognizes. Hal Jordan and other characters are appearing in the book occasionally, because of editorial management.
    • The Green Lantern book will be mainly about John Stewart.
    • The story in Green Lantern will NOT be about the emotional spectrum or anything related from the Geoff Johns era. No internal conflicts, bunch of different colored lanterns etc. But Emotional Spectrum will pop up, because it’s part of the mythos.
    • He says the book isn’t about Teen Lantern, no matter the press releases that you see, but she has “fun” stuff to do.
    • The book isn't about Jo Mullein either.
    • There’s going to be new characters in the book.

You can listen to the podcast here

thoughts?
    Clarification. the book isn't about John teaming up with Jo and the Teen Lantern.

That's not the same thing as it not being about Jo.

Heh, heh, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Clarification. the book isn't about John teaming up with Jo and the Teen Lantern.

That's not the same thing as it not being about Jo.

Heh, heh, heh.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification, Redjack!

That's what I thought. But it seems like it can be more complicated if Lynn Stewart's brother isn't John Diggle.
    It's kind of deliberately vague.
    So I listened to Redjack's podcast and I thought it was good and I'll give in some notes on what he said from the interview about his Green Lantern book:

• There are “cool” story ideas he has for Jessica, so she’ll make an appearance.
    • Hal Jordan will appear in the book “occasionally”. And no, the character isn’t going to be torn down. He said it’s going to be the Hal Jordan everyone recognizes. Hal Jordan and other characters are appearing in the book occasionally, because of editorial management.
    • The story in Green Lantern will NOT be about the emotional spectrum or anything related from the Geoff Johns era. No internal conflicts, bunch of different colored lanterns etc. But Emotional Spectrum will pop up, because it’s part of the mythos.
    • He says the book isn’t about Teen Lantern, no matter the press releases that you see, but she has “fun” stuff to do.

thoughts?
    So Hal and Jessica will both be in the book. I was expecting they'd be in other books, but it seems like this book will be the "home" for all the GL's even if they only pop in occasionally.

John's the lead character but it will feature the other GL's in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's kind of deliberately vague.

So Hal and Jessica will both be in the book. I was expecting they'd be in other books, but it seems like this book will be the "home" for all the GL's even if they only pop in occasionally.

John's the lead character but it will feature the other GL's in some capacity.
    will it?

=)

thoughts?
    Good I’m glad it’s mainly a Stewart book with the other Lanterns showing up occasionally. I’d prefer if we had a GLC book for Hal and the rest to be in so this could focus exclusively on Stewart, but I also liked Hal N Pals, and enjoyed the other human Lantern cameos in Morrison TGL, so this doesn’t bother me that much.

Good that it won’t be about the Emotional Spectrum. As a guy whose first GL ongoing was Johns, I loved that stuff, I still do, but I also don’t really feel like there’s anything left to do with it post Blackest Night. I also hope that extends to Sinestro taking a back seat, John needs a villain (arch villain specifically) who is built from the ground up to reflect his attributes and challenge him, and Sinestro is too tied up with Hal to do that in my opinion. I hope Redjack focuses on either bringing back obscure GL villains and revamping them for John, or building new ones.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

thoughts?
    So pretty much this frees up everyone else to be in other books and appear as need and deemed by editorial.

No lantern is held hostage by being in the book like John Stewart was the past 12 years (Justice League excluded). For a time he couldn't appear in any other book except Green Lantern during New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good I’m glad it’s mainly a Stewart book with the other Lanterns showing up occasionally. I’d prefer if we had a GLC book for Hal and the rest to be in so this could focus exclusively on Stewart, but I also liked Hal N Pals, and enjoyed the other human Lantern cameos in Morrison TGL, so this doesn’t bother me that much.
    It'll be interesting to see how the book balances its cast.
    Good that it won’t be about the Emotional Spectrum. As a guy whose first GL ongoing was Johns, I loved that stuff, I still do, but I also don’t really feel like there’s anything left to do with it post Blackest Night. I also hope that extends to Sinestro taking a back seat, John needs a villain (arch villain specifically) who is built from the ground up to reflect his attributes and challenge him, and Sinestro is too tied up with Hal to do that in my opinion. I hope Redjack focuses on either bringing back obscure GL villains and revamping them for John, or building new ones.
    Yeah, I'd really rather they give John new villains instead of trying to make John and Sinestro happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So pretty much this frees up everyone else to be in other books and appear as need and deemed by editorial.

No lantern is held hostage by being in the book like John Stewart was the past 12 years (Justice League excluded). For a time he couldn't appear in any other book except Green Lantern during New 52.
    I don't think John was held hostage any more than the other Earth Lanterns who were pretty much relegated to just being in the GL books. I think maybe Guy was in the short-lived GLI book, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I always predicted that there will be another Green Lantern book spinning off of this title. I'm hoping that would happen and this would help expand DC Cosmic titles.

The emotional spectrum has been written for about over a decade, so it's time we get to see new concepts being added to the mythos. And I'm hoping these new concepts are here to stay and not disappear. I prefer to see a brand new villain that's more exclusive to John than anyone else's. The issue here, is that there's really no GL villain that's as iconic as Sinestro. So it'll take a lot of effort and investment to build up a new villain that can be nearly as iconic. And TPTB at DC would have to follow through. Kyle had his own arch nemesis and you don't hear nothing about that character, so I hope the same mistake won't be made here. Obscure characters like Shark, Tattoo Man, Hector Hammond, etc. are meh and forgettable in my opinion. I think the creative team can do much much better in that regard when it comes to creating new GL villains.

BANNED

I just read that John Diggle is supposed to appear on both The Flash and Superman & Lois.

We don't know whether it's confirmed that he'll be a Green Lantern. I sure hope so, though.

I sincerely hope he's not a Green Lantern, just because I hate that John is John bullshit they're pulling. it's grossly tone-deaf.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The emotional spectrum has been written for about over a decade, so it's time we get to see new concepts being added to the mythos. And I'm hoping these new concepts are here to stay and not disappear. I prefer to see a brand new villain that's more exclusive to John than anyone else's. The issue here, is that there's really no GL villain that's as iconic as Sinestro. So it'll take a lot of effort and investment to build up a new villain that can be nearly as iconic. And TPTB at DC would have to follow through. Kyle had his own arch nemesis and you don't hear nothing about that character, so I hope the same mistake won't be made here. Obscure characters like Shark, Tattoo Man, Hector Hammond, etc. are meh and forgettable in my opinion. I think the creative team can do much much better in that regard when it comes to creating new GL villains.
    I don't expect to see John fighting most of the Earth GL villains, although it would be cool to see Tattoo Man again in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I sincerely hope he's not a Green Lantern, just because I hate that John is John bullshit they're pulling. it's grossly tone-deaf.
    How so?

Astonishing Member

I liked Geoff's version of the Shark, or the Shark in general he never got enough run.

Astonishing Member

So it is said the writer is a long time John fan, but is he team Katma? or Team Fatality? or Team Rose (Mosaic)? or whomever that reporter was that kind of liked John when he revealed his secret identity right before he hooked up with Katama? I wonder, GL's are all very Kirk-like in their # of love interests. Come to think of it Rose is a GL groupie, having been in relationships with Guy, Hal and John. Kyle and Jo better watch out she collects earth GL's like Larfleeze hoards stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    So it is said the writer is a long time John fan, but is he team Katma? or Team Fatality? or Team Rose (Mosaic)? or whomever that reporter was that kind of liked John when he revealed his secret identity right before he hooked up with Katama? I wonder, GL's are all very Kirk-like in their # of love interests. Come to think of it Rose is a GL groupie, having been in relationships with Guy, Hal and John. Kyle and Jo better watch out she collects earth GL's like Larfleeze hoards stuff.
    No spoilers but you're not going to get much help form looking backwards at the GL mythology. There's a good amount of lore underpinning this arc but it's nowhere near as immediate or specific as you guys are thinking.

I agree, John probably needs a love interest but he's going to have his hands too full with the new threats to worry much about dating.