Page 80 of 177 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where's the first image from?
    New Year’s Evil Anthology

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    New Year’s Evil Anthology

Thank you .

Incredible Member

Dion Harris
    5zev0pg99pt61.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Dion Harris
    5zev0pg99pt61.jpg
    Looks hot .

In a livestream Snyder revealed that the guy he cast as John is named Wayne T. Carr. He's pretty obscure and it seems he's mostly done stage work in California.

#ReleaseTheJohnStewartCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

I don’t like that hair on John, it doesn’t fit his background

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don’t like that hair on John, it doesn’t fit his background
    I like it. you don't stop having taste just because you served in the military; especially if you aren't serving anymore. in my experience the only people I see stick that closely to the "uniform" look their entire post-service life are fictional characters.

besides, it's not like John exactly left the service with a deep appreciation of the institution anyway.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    In a livestream Snyder revealed that the guy he cast as John is named Wayne T. Carr. He's pretty obscure and it seems he's mostly done stage work in California.

Zack Snyder is my hero!!! I have huge respect for him.

It's nice to see Yahoo! having an article about this.

So it looks like Kilowog was going to be alongside John in the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    #ReleaseTheJohnStewartCut
    I second this!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Is that New Year's Evil one-shot worth reading?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Is that New Year's Evil one-shot worth reading?
    I normally dive in on the holiday anthologies (sometimes it's the only way you get to see some characters) but this was one of the few I skipped. Just didn't seem to do it for me, though I hear it's got an actual Poison Ivy story so maybe I'll look it up on DCU Infinite someday, but villain circle-jerks tend to always have me with one foot out the door at the onset.

Someone mad enough to Dutch Oven Wonder Woman is pretty hilarious, though. Leave it to Buseik.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I normally dive in on the holiday anthologies (sometimes it's the only way you get to see some characters) but this was one of the few I skipped. Just didn't seem to do it for me, though I hear it's got an actual Poison Ivy story so maybe I'll look it up on DCU Infinite someday, but villain circle-jerks tend to always have me with one foot out the door at the onset.

Someone mad enough to Dutch Oven Wonder Woman is pretty hilarious, though. Leave it to Buseik.
    It's there and the stories are fairly fun. Especially the Prankster one .

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I like it. you don't stop having taste just because you served in the military; especially if you aren't serving anymore. in my experience the only people I see stick that closely to the "uniform" look their entire post-service life are fictional characters.

besides, it's not like John exactly left the service with a deep appreciation of the institution anyway.
    You know I have never really seen John with a wide variety of hair styles, he has either had an afro, been shaved/bald, or had that faded look. Honestly future state was the first time i've seen him with long hair.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know I have never really seen John with a wide variety of hair styles, he has either had an afro, been shaved/bald, or had that faded look. Honestly future state was the first time i've seen him with long hair.
    I believe that to be symptomatic of how Black men/Black boys are often treated when it comes to their designs in fictional works, especially mainstream works with a visual component. Most of the artists aren't/weren't/still aren't Black and/or don't really have any conceptual skills when it comes to drawing Black/African features. This includes hair. Furthermore, although this is changing/in flux and is somewhat dependent on culture and time period, male characters often have a very lacking width and/or depth when it comes to the design space afforded to them in general. This includes the often very limiting norms on "what counts as 'appropriate' hair for men" (which, again, changes with time and differ by culture). And fictional Black men and boys? They're stuck dealing with the worst of both worlds, since they have to contend with the socially constrained imagination of what can be done with male hairstyles while also suffering from the generally accepted ignorance of how to even design and/or draw hairstyles for males of the Black diaspora.

It's why seeing Virgil casually wearing a dorag in Draper-Ivey's rebooted Static one-shot is such a breath of fresh air. Letting a Black character wear a dorag and not have to conform to some sort of gang or thug imagery or station is wonderful. (Nikolas Draper-Ivey is just a really good artist, who's able to break away from many of the stagnations plaguing mainstream comics' art when it comes to the depiction of fictional Black boys and men.)

I will always remember coming across something that talked about a book meant to help teach artists how to draw Black people's (particularly Black boys' and men's) hair. The knowledge gap and lack of creative imagination in that regard is so very deep.

So what kind of hairstyle do you think work for John then?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.