Page 115 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I could be way off but I got the vibe that Yrra and John might become a thing.
    Feels pretty obvious that she’s a way to have that John/Hawk relationship without stepping on anyone’s toes. Works fine for me, John just has to get home first.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Wait, are we talking Yrra Cynril--

--or Ameyra Khalan?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wait, are we talking Yrra Cynril--

--or Ameyra Khalan?

Ah I switched the two’s names in my head. I don’t think the Star Sapphires have even been mentioned yet have they, although it’s only the GLs who have been taken off the board.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm curious what Yrra's been doing since being freed from the Star Sapphires. I know John spent some time looking into reviving Xanshi, I like to believe she's lost interest in revenge against John and is on her own quest to try to revive Xanshi.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed. There's a lot of meat on that bone. From John's earliest training with Hal, to his subsequent mentorship under Katma Tui, there's so much to explore and re-examine under a more modern lens.

I know poor Redjack has a lot on his plate trying to service so many characters and fulfil all those editorial mandates, in addition to trying to forward John's story, but it would be nice at some point to really zero in on John's journey up till now beyond the usual Cosmic Odyssey rehashes. Perhaps after a 2nd GL book gets launched (if that's indeed in the cards), they'll be less focus on the BIG COSMIC EVENTS and more time to let readers know who John Stewart is and what his journey has been. Van Jensen's New 52 origin was interesting, but it felt undercooked because it omitted so much great stuff from the O'Neil/Adams origin, like his early tension with Hal over protecting that racist politician and, of course, John's pitch-perfect introduction chastising cops for hassling a bunch of kids for simply playing chess. The New 52 origin was far too generic superhero for my tastes. Racial politics is baked into the character. It can't be removed so that the corporate bean-counters as less nervous about him.
    I mean, if WB still has plans for John on the big screen, then a new modern origin story is a must. I know Redjack has a lot on his plate on handling all of these characters, but yea, it'll be easier once a second book comes out. IIRC it's been said that there's a possibility of DC has a goal of issuing out a second GL book, but it'll probably be a mini series I think. I heard that from one of his interviews. I'll try to look at it again to make sure I'm being accurate. If it does happen, it frees up some character space from the writer to have a stronger focus on John to where we can have an origin story.

I’m wondering how long the book will be split between John and Jo/Keli. A GLC book would allow for the book to focus solely on John, which is what Redjack pitched in the first place, a John Stewart miniseries. I don’t mind Jo and Keli, I like how they’ve been written so far, but I’d honestly just prefer a GLC book with the rest of the line up, and GL be the John book. I’m also wondering how long John is going to be trapped in the Dark Sector?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm curious what Yrra's been doing since being freed from the Star Sapphires. I know John spent some time looking into reviving Xanshi, I like to believe she's lost interest in revenge against John and is on her own quest to try to revive Xanshi.
    Maybe she one day realized John gave her more than just memories?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Is Kyle the only core GL that doesn't immediately ignore the Guardians? I mean, he probably had to deal with them the less but I don't recall him going "screw you" to them like we expect from the other Earth Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Kyle the only core GL that doesn't immediately ignore the Guardians? I mean, he probably had to deal with them the less but I don't recall him going "screw you" to them like we expect from the other Earth Lanterns.
    John is less about telling off the Guardians to their faces and more:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well.... there's reasons for that, a long list of reasons actually. Hal and John have seen stuff the Guardians don't want anyone to know. Guy... well the Guardians once set him up for failure in his Green Lantern duties... which is part of why he chose to become a Red Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering how long the book will be split between John and Jo/Keli. A GLC book would allow for the book to focus solely on John, which is what Redjack pitched in the first place, a John Stewart miniseries. I don’t mind Jo and Keli, I like how they’ve been written so far, but I’d honestly just prefer a GLC book with the rest of the line up, and GL be the John book. I’m also wondering how long John is going to be trapped in the Dark Sector?
    Agreed. I rather the book to be about John and have the others in the GLC book. I think after this arc wraps up, they're going to all come together and take on the person who caused the battery to be disassembled. If you look at the future covers, you don't really see John in them. So you would wonder what's their intentions on doing this? It could be because there's a possibility that John may get his guardian powers back and we'll see him in that outfit. So we may get a surprise. It would be interesting if true. If true, then I think he would find a way out of the Dark Sector right away.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED