Page 15 of 177 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Green Lantern 1

Writer: Geoffrey Thorne
    Artist: Dexter Soy

Solicit:
    "With the majority of Green Lanterns called back to Oa, John Stewart arrives alongside Teen Lantern Keli Quintela, whose powerful gauntlet could be one of the most powerful and unstable weapons in the universe. With the entire landscape of the universe in flux, is this the end of the Green Lantern Corps...or a new beginning?"

"As the new Green Lantern series progresses, Jo Mullein joins the Corps to find out why the Central Power Battery exploded. Jo and Keli are on the case—are they the World’s Finest Lanterns?? What will this dynamic duo uncover as they investigate!?"

BANNED

Redjack, is John playing supporting role to Jo and Keli?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Redjack, is John playing supporting role to Jo and Keli?
    the short answer is "No."

the LONG answer is something you'll need to wait and see about.

I'll be honest... I was expecting a more.. comercial cover? (Not sure if the right word). Like John front and center amid the other Lanterns. This looks like something from a Teen Lantern mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the short answer is "No."

the LONG answer is something you'll need to wait and see about.
    Thank you for the reply

BANNED

From the Bendis Teen Titans book:

I’m really glad to see Teen Lantern here, I actually really liked her in Bendis’ Young Justice run. Not to mention I thought it was interesting that a kid got a green lantern gauntlet that has since merged with its Earth-3 counterpart (something I can only guess will spell issues for her sometime in the story), should be fun to see her bounce off John.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wait. Is that who I think it is, talking to John?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait. Is that who I think it is, talking to John?
    If you think it's Simon Baz, probably?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Green Lantern 1

Solicit:
    "With the majority of Green Lanterns called back to Oa, John Stewart arrives alongside Teen Lantern Keli Quintela, whose powerful gauntlet could be one of the most powerful and unstable weapons in the universe. With the entire landscape of the universe in flux, is this the end of the Green Lantern Corps...or a new beginning?"

"As the new Green Lantern series progresses, Jo Mullein joins the Corps to find out why the Central Power Battery exploded. Jo and Keli are on the case—are they the World’s Finest Lanterns?? What will this dynamic duo uncover as they investigate!?"
    I'm already in (and Soy art only sweetens the deal) but be straight with me. Is Guy in any interior pages? I miss him a lot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm already in (and Soy art only sweetens the deal) but be straight with me. Is Guy in any interior pages? I miss him a lot.
    Only been the one page released so far - the Guy backup in Future State: Green Lantern #1 was fun if you haven't picked that up yet.

I actually like the cover. I'm glad that John Stewart is finally getting some love. I really appreciate that with DC.

With that said, I personally have no problem with other human lanterns being in this series. I expected some would appear here. I think it would be an interesting take to see John interacting with Teen Lantern in this book. I'm starting to get a little Batman and Robin vibe here. A very few readers been a little critical towards Green Lantern, because it's the same plot over and over. But this time, it's different now. So this even excites me even more. Looks like Redjack may be thinking out of the box this time around with the mythos.

The only slightly concern would be whether having more human Green Lanterns can cause lesser chances of the possibility to see a John Stewart origin down the line and bigger character development with John.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Green Lantern 1

Solicit:

Seeing Benard Chang doing the cover gives me a lot of memories