Page 57 of 177 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

I am curious if we’re getting an update on that GLC movie. I’m assuming Johns isn’t attached as a writer anymore which means we’re basically starting from scratch yet again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I am curious if we’re getting an update on that GLC movie. I’m assuming Johns isn’t attached as a writer anymore which means we’re basically starting from scratch yet again.
    I feel like when the HBOMax series was announced the official word was it would be a distinct thing from the movie, but I may be remembering wrong.

I find it interesting that Zack Snyder prefers John Stewart over Hal Jordan. I actually thought it was gonna be the other way around. But I'm still wondering whether he's saying this to promote diversity or he really is more fond of the character (or maybe both?). So maybe they did plan for John having the bigger role. If that's the case, then I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I always thought John kinda got short sheeted for a LOOOONG time.
    After Mosiac was cancelled, he didn't really appear anywhere until Darkstars.
    It wasn't until Marz introduced him in Green Lantern as a supporting character that I really started to enjoy his stories.
    I preferred Ron Marz writing him before Judd Winick took over. At least John is getting his due now

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I find it interesting that Zack Snyder prefers John Stewart over Hal Jordan. I actually thought it was gonna be the other way around. But I'm still wondering whether he's saying this to promote diversity or he really is more fond of the character (or maybe both?). So maybe they did plan for John having the bigger role. If that's the case, then I was wrong.
    I think he liked some tweets talking about Hal but I could be completely mis-remembering.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Despite Snyder's love of Ayn Rand, he's a pretty progressive guy when it comes to race. Zoe Saldana was one of his two choices for Lois Lane in Man of Steel. Not sure why the studio went with Amy Adams. Maybe they didn't want the controversy that would have brought...

Oh, how times change

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Despite Snyder's love of Ayn Rand, he's a pretty progressive guy when it comes to race. Zoe Saldana was one of his two choices for Lois Lane in Man of Steel. Not sure why the studio went with Amy Adams. Maybe they didn't want the controversy that would have brought...

Oh, how times change

Oh, how times change
    Now I'm thinking to myself if Saldana would've been better served as Snyder's Lois or MCU Gamora...although at least she was in better received movies as the latter.

BANNED

Can you dig it?

Honestly, it's only a matter of time before we get a Black Lois in some interpretation.

Ultimate Member

Oh, how times change
    Zoe was probably out of the running the moment she signed on for GOTG the following year. Looks like she made a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Can you dig it?

Honestly, it's only a matter of time before we get a Black Lois in some interpretation.
    She looks too happy .

There was an Asian Lois in the American Alien book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm thinking to myself if Saldana would've been better served as Snyder's Lois or MCU Gamora...although at least she was in better received movies as the latter.
    Would she have been available? She was doing Star Trek Into Darkness and later GOTG and having I think her first child. So she was a bit too busy at the time.

And I am SURE DC wouldn't have mind the mess she got into with doing Nina Simone movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he liked some tweets talking about Hal but I could be completely mis-remembering.
    I guess when DC films always showing that intro with Hal Jordan is the reason why I was shocked that he preferred John Stewart.

Oh, how times change
    Oh wow, didn't know that Zoe Saldana was considered the role of Lois Lane. That's interesting. I don't she would've been a bad choice. She's a good actress. It probably wasn't an easy choice to choose Amy Adams over her. I'm suer there would've been a controversy. Could be the reason why she didn't get the role. I mean, look at what happened when fans thought Zendaya was playing Mary Jane Watson lol

Loved Redjack’s GL pages in IF #0. Lots of little worldbuilding, references to history, and teases towards stuff to come. I’m really interested in what a “Crux World” is. Excited to get my hands on the GL ongoing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved Redjack’s GL pages in IF #0. Lots of little worldbuilding, references to history, and teases towards stuff to come. I’m really interested in what a “Crux World” is. Excited to get my hands on the GL ongoing.
    Nice! I ordered it, but it's going to be here in a few weeks. I'm gonna order it in digital format as well, after work. Super excited to read it!