Page 87 of 177 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2641
    Extraordinary Member

I guess the green lantern show will layout the foundation for a future film with Hal Jordan and John Stewart

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John Stewart focused? Isn't Hal Jordan going to be co-leading in the movie as well?
    Originally, yes, but that version of the film fell apart when Tom Cruise passed on playing Hal. Who knows what the current take on the GL movie will be. All we know for certain is that Warner Bros. didn't want Zack Snyder to use John Stewart because they had already plans for him.

I can't imagine that WB is going to not have John be the main thrust of the next GL movie, regardless of whether Hal is there next to him or not.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Yes. Hal will be in the movie. He and John will be the main characters. It was reported that it will be like a ''Lethal Weapon" buddy cop movie.
    That was the plan during the Geoff Johns-run DC Films, but that may not necessarily be the plan now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was the plan during the Geoff Johns-run DC Films, but that may not necessarily be the plan now.
    Well, Geoff Johns is still attached as a writer to the movie and he is an executive producer on the show. We know that the tv show and movie are connected. Hal Jordan and John Stewart are the most famous and popular lanterns. So it's possible they might show up in the future along with Kyle Rayner. It's clear since we don't have an update on the movie that they are still working on the script.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I have faith that DC has plans for John Stewart on the big screen. I think he's going to show up regardless.
    After what DC tried to do in New52 attempting to kill off John rumored at the time to be the efforts of Geoff Johns who now has serious clout right next to the ears of Greg Berlanti....I am sorry but I will not have any faith in DC and WB until I see incontestably undeniable proof.

I've never seen anything to indicate Geoff Johns was the one who tried to have John killed. Especially when Dan Didio had a well known hatred of most of the legacy characters not created under his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I've never seen anything to indicate Geoff Johns was the one who tried to have John killed. Especially when Dan Didio had a well known hatred of most of the legacy characters not created under his tenure.
    Yeah wasn’t Didio wanting to kill John the reason Joshua Hale Fialkov dropped off the green lantern corps book before his first issue?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Didio was the guy who was responsible, Fialkov said it was editorial who was putting pressure on him to do it. If Johns wanted to kill Stewart he could’ve easily done it in an event, no need to make another writer do it. Regardless Johns has no control over the GLC film, I suspect they’ll bring in a new scriptwriter for whatever director they get, although the basic plot of the Johns pitch will probably remain, just centered around John as the main protagonist.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You were worried? Even when Johns was involved the plan was always for John & Hal. With Johns gone there was never any chance of Stewart not being the main GL for the movie, it’s why he’s not in the series. The studio execs are causals at best just like the mainstream audience, I doubt they even knew there were GLs other than Stewart until recently.

I just hope to God it’s not an adaption of Xanshi blowing up.
    Well to be honest, my confidence has been raised before the HBO Max GLC announcement. I've been told some time ago that Geoff Johns doesn't have the power to make the final decisions on who gets to have a bigger role in the GLC movie and how WB can still shut down or make changes to his script.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    After what DC tried to do in New52 attempting to kill off John rumored at the time to be the efforts of Geoff Johns who now has serious clout right next to the ears of Greg Berlanti....I am sorry but I will not have any faith in DC and WB until I see incontestably undeniable proof.
    The thing is that Greg Berlanti has already said years back that John Stewart wasn't gonna be in the show, because WB already has plans for him. I don't think it had anything for them not wanting to use John Stewart, but that they weren't allowed to. I don't think Geoff Johns had anything to do with John being the exception. And also, he's a huge Hal fan. You don't think he would've use Hal Jordan in the HBO Max show if he had the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah wasn’t Didio wanting to kill John the reason Joshua Hale Fialkov dropped off the green lantern corps book before his first issue?
    Well it's been said that the editorial wanted to kill him off. I don't think Geoff Johns has called the shot to kill off John Stewart, but I don't think he would've mind, either. Around that time, Simon Baz was still a very new character and he already had plans to create another GL, which was Jessica. And also he didn't defend John Stewart at all (considering he's a huge GL fan), while the TPTB has did when the rumors blew up.

So, was Cruz and Baz created to starve off the backlash against John Stewart's death? "We gave you a latino GL and a muslim GL, quit your complaining about less diversity".

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So, was Cruz and Baz created to starve off the backlash against John Stewart's death? "We gave you a latino GL and a muslim GL, quit your complaining about less diversity".
    John being the only minority character that didn’t do anything for years didn’t look good. Especially being one of the most popular black DC characters. I doubt editorial would’ve made such suggestions if Simon Baz wasn’t created. I think Geoff John’s created those characters for his own benefit no doubt, but I’m sure it crossed their minds that it would’ve soften the accusations of DC not being diverse enough with a creation of a new diverse green lantern character if John was killed off. But the rumor backlash was bigger than what they expected I’m sure.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 05-03-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didio was the guy who was responsible, Fialkov said it was editorial who was putting pressure on him to do it. If Johns wanted to kill Stewart he could’ve easily done it in an event, no need to make another writer do it. Regardless Johns has no control over the GLC film, I suspect they’ll bring in a new scriptwriter for whatever director they get, although the basic plot of the Johns pitch will probably remain, just centered around John as the main protagonist.
    He is not stupid, he knew that there would have been a big backlash so might as well throw another writer under the bus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    True...but it was as if they wanted to use diversity as the reason to kill off Stewart.

Hey, look we have 2 new diverse human GLs so we don't need John Stewart anymore yadda yadda nyeh!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I guess the green lantern show will layout the foundation for a future film with Hal Jordan and John Stewart
    Hmmm.....let's wait and see.