Page 55 of 177 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I didn't realize Dwayne wanted to be an astronaut-- Helps to explain why he liked John.

Incredible Member

Do we know if John and Hal are still friends. They never really talk much considering John is Hal's replacement? Or is that not the case anymore?

BANNED

TBH, I think Guy is the only human GL that John is close with. He seems to have more of a respectful working relationship with the others. Those "friendships" never worked for me, since only Guy seems to care what's going on in John's head and John's life. John is usually just written as supportive of the others, but it never comes across like they actually want to know him personally or hang out with him, like Guy. I mean, there's a reason why we haven't seen John's family for so long and why they've never been fleshed out-- Just never served the narrative of the other GLs. I would guess Alan would be the next GL he's closest to in terms of seeking advice from a more experienced person.

If anything, in the 80s, Hal seemed to be freeloading off him.

John has mentor relationships with Tai and Keli. In the DCAU, he mentors Kara.

Hal is closer to Kyle and then Guy, who he has brotherly dynamics with.

Jessica and Baz are their own subgroup.

Jo doesn't have established relationships yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    TBH, I think Guy is the only human GL that John is close with. He seems to have more of a respectful working relationship with the others. Those "friendships" never worked for me, since only Guy seems to care what's going on in John's head and John's life. John is usually just written as supportive of the others, but it never comes across like they actually want to know him personally or hang out with him, like Guy. I mean, there's a reason why we haven't seen John's family for so long and why they've never been fleshed out-- Just never served the narrative of the other GLs. I would guess Alan would be the next GL he's closest to in terms of seeking advice from a more experienced person.

I think all the core four Earth Lanterns are close to each other, in their own way.

Jessica and Simon both look up to Hal and John. Simon bonded with Kyle. Jessica bonded with Guy.

Digging the chemistry between John and Alan.

Extraordinary Member

I was gonna disagree with you, but I thought about it. I agree with you.

Guy was the first one questioning John's marine mode persona back in 2005.

IMO, Hal has more feels for Sinestro than John, Guy, and Kyle. Those three believed in him when his reputation was mud, thanks to Sinestro. Yet Sinestro is the one Hal goes out of his way for, time and again. You'd think Hal would be checking up on Guy back there during this dream sequence, instead of seeking bonding time with Sinestro.

LOL, I'm just now noticing Guy was channeling some serious Chuck Norris vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    That’s awesome, like the art design for the character.

Personally I can’t wait to see how John and Simon interact in Infinite Frontier next week, I don’t think I’ve really seen a lot of them together.

Personally I like John and Alan’s friendship, though I do have to question if I like it over say Alan’s Mentorship with Kyle.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I'm really happy to know that Simon is seemingly going to some form of a consistent role in this book, after so long of being limboed when Green Lanterns ended (and on a whimper, for as much of bang it was up to its halfway).

Like sifighter said, I look forward to Simon and John developing/showcasing a relationship, since that's never been a thing for these two. If they interacted, it was always with John as the "all business" head of the Green Lanterns Corp., so we never got any sort of humanization socializing between the two before (for lack of a better way to put what I'm trying to convey). In fact, it feels like it's been awhile since either John or Simon have been characters, and not just action figures acting out set pieces or background portraits in someone else's story. And Simon could use the love and camaraderie he's been denied since he stopped having Jessica and his immediate family to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IMO, Hal has more feels for Sinestro than John, Guy, and Kyle. Those three believed in him when his reputation was mud, thanks to Sinestro. Yet Sinestro is the one Hal goes out of his way for, time and again. You'd think Hal would be checking up on Guy back there during this dream sequence, instead of seeking bonding time with Sinestro.
    To beat up, right ?

I mean...it's Guy .

Excellent breakdown I agree completely. Would be interested Interested in seeing him become friendlier with Jo, Jess & Simon & looking forward to him mentioning Teen GL aswell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To beat up, right ?

I mean...it's Guy .
    I prefer the classic fisticuffs between them. I do think Hal has a stronger emotional connection with Sinestro, than John, Kyle, and Guy. Writers had plenty opportunities over the years to show Hal spending downtime with his emerald bros. He respects them, though.

I would have preferred at least to see Hal checking up on Guy only to be rebuffed (despite having that yucky substance dripping from his mouth, and unable to stand upright under his own power), lol.

I am definitely intrigued to see John build any comradery with Simon, Jo, and Keli.

Extraordinary Member