Page 100 of 177 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This?

That is it .

Incredible Member

I would have liked this issue better, if it was all one continuous story and just one artist . In my view it didn't have to be 2 separate stories. Although the 2nd part with Jo telling us what's going on was good. That actually should have been the start of the book. It would have flowed better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I would have liked this issue better, if it was all one continuous story and just one artist . In my view it didn't have to be 2 separate stories. Although the 2nd part with Jo telling us what's going on was good. That actually should have been the start of the book. It would have flowed better in my opinion.
    The writer completely lost me with this issue. I'm used to dream states in stories once a series slows down.

Hoping for a good turn a round.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Personally I liked the split down the middle, felt like it showed off the importance of both stories by allowing them to run their course without cutting back and forth, allowing John and his lost quest to shine and Jo and her mystery to shine. It’s a lot better in my mind then just one issue of one storyline while wondering what’s going on in the other story.

As for that last ride variant, John needs to rock more casual jackets.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This issue was great! I probably like this one better than the previous issues. And those were good! I like how the writer continuously references previous writers' development of John Stewart. I felt like that was a big piece that was missing whenever there’s a new creative team taking over the franchise. I’m glad there’s bits of teases with John’s previous relationships with these characters. One of the pieces that was missing for building up John, was building a supporting cast that’s specifically tied to him. I like how the writer is taking the time creating new characters. I’m digging this friendly relationship with John and Saqari. How she was introduced in this issue blends very well. I hope she’ll be a recurring character and doesn’t get killed off. I’m also curious on whether this will turn out to be a character driven story. There has been too many plot driven GL stories in the past.

What strikes out the most in Tom Raney’s art for me is the facial expressions. I loved seeing John having this big smile when he was surfing on those discs. One of my favorite art panels in this book was with John and Katma. I also like the bright green glows coming out of John’s eyes.

The only issue I had from the book, was the time changes, which I didn't think it was needed. I don't know if it'll be explained whether that part of the spectrum that has a different time shift.

I'm not all that familiar with Jo Mullein, but I thought her side of the story brings in more curiosity on her role and responsibilities as the very few representatives as an active Green Lantern. It’s going to be interesting to see how she’s going to handle this threat and whether she’ll successfully keep the surviving lanterns safe. I also like the relationship build up with Keli and Simon.

I disagree about this shouldn't have split stories. I think it's better off split imo. It's more clearer and also benefits other characters having their own arcs. I wished some of the previous writers has done the same thing. It's going to be interesting how these split stories are going to come all together in the later issues.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 06-05-2021 at 08:01 PM.

BANNED

The split makes it easier to hand off the characters to other writers in a potential spinoff title. You show the next writer what the dynamics are and how the stories with that group operate.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-05-2021 at 09:41 PM.

The split makes it easier to hand off the characters to other writers in a potential spinoff title. You show the next writer what the dynamics are and how the stories with that group operate.
    Exactly. I agree

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    As for that last ride variant, John needs to rock more casual jackets.
    Yeah, he's really rockin' that bomber jacket. The artist does a great rendering of his face too

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It reminds me too much of Guy. Or Star Trek.

Heck, even Alan is wearing something similar in the new JSA illustration.
    lol I don't see the similarities with Alan.

John's outfit is a little more casual, rather than being a superhero costume, compared to Alan and Guy. It did remind me a little bit of Star Trek, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    lol I don't see the similarities with Alan.

John's outfit is a little more casual, rather than being a superhero costume, compared to Alan and Guy. It did remind me a little bit of Star Trek, though.
    Have you seen Alan's redesign on the Bryan Hitch JLA art?
    Oh yeah, he was in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have you seen Alan's redesign on the Bryan Hitch JLA art?
    Yep lol

The only thing that's common is the jacket, but John looks more like a civilian, compared to Alan and Guy. Alan has a cape attach to it. And his design seem to symbolizes the old era, which is way different from John's and Guy's.

BANNED

Bernard Chang

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Bernard Chang

That cover is just so good.