Page 106 of 177 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2641
    BANNED

Glad to see this brought back. It ties neatly in to Van Jensen trying to revive the Tower of Talo prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Glad to see this brought back. It ties neatly in to Van Jensen trying to revive the Tower of Talo prophecy.

Oh yeah, from the New 52 Secret Origin issue.

I remember that and him working at Ferris Air.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m sorry...did the preview for Green Lantern #4 just insinuate from that conversation with Ganthet what I think it just insinuated? Because if so I didn’t see that coming and I’m all for it.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/green-lantern-4-preview/
    Was John referring to Hal when he said one of my best friends? We don't really see them communicate to often.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Was John referring to Hal when he said one of my best friends? We don't really see them communicate to often.
    Ostensibly, yeah they're best friends, but it doesn't get a lot of panel time (and some fans don't really believe it).

Extraordinary Member

This set-up has all the makings of a live action rom-com.

Two Earth guys & two aliens coupling under one roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This set-up has all the makings of a live action rom-com.

Two Earth guys & two aliens coupling under one roof.

I could totally see that happening in the 90s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I could totally see that happening in the 90s.
    That could happen now.

The CW could easily make a show of this without any action or violence.

All their personalities clash, lol.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I’m sorry...did the preview for Green Lantern #4 just insinuate from that conversation with Ganthet what I think it just insinuated? Because if so I didn’t see that coming and I’m all for it.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/green-lantern-4-preview/
    Ooooo, color me intrigued. I'm glad Thorne's not treating Mosaic as radioactive like DC's been doing for the last few decades. I understand editorial's reluctance, certainly, but it remains a seminal work for John Stewart. Couldn't DC work something out with Jones so that all his royalties could go to charity or something so that this series can finally get its due. Cully Hamner's art alone needs to be seen.

Apparently it’s not a problem, but in fairness it was pretty much one crazy reality and time shenanigan after another that has made up the entirety of Jon Kent’s existence from childhood to now being Superman. John Stewart’s just being thrown into that story now, although it does call into question John’s age.

Because before Jon was artificially made 17 through basically a Rick and Morty episode, he was 11. That means with Jon being part of the universe DC is acknowledging I guess that John Stewart has been a lantern for a while if here he is on the Justice League and we’d add 11 years on that. John would have to be about 30 or 40 now, depending on how old he was when he got his ring.
    They've been really pushing Jon Kent's character as of late. But it looks like there's some age inconsistencies that's coming with it. John was significantly younger originally, but it looks like that may be gone based on his appearance here or the writer didn't take it into consideration, because he didn't know about it.

So I just read the latest issue and I'm excited that John's Guardian powers haven't been loss due to the events of Emerald Twilight. With that said, it's possible that it's going to play a role here.

It looks like there's some confirmed deaths for some known Green Lanterns.

And based on the current status of what's happening with the Guardians, I suspect they're changing the status quo.

BANNED

Which alien GLs have you liked seeing John interact with? I always liked how Jruk contrasted with him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Which alien GLs have you liked seeing John interact with? I always liked how Jruk contrasted with him.

With all the fits being thrown elsewhere-NONE.

Suddenly they all have fans-who have been silent for 10+ years.

I know I won't get an answer but can a ring fake a death?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    With all the fits being thrown elsewhere-NONE.

Suddenly they all have fans-who have been silent for 10+ years.

I know I won't get an answer but can a ring fake a death?
    IIRC, I read somewhere that a ring can slow someone's heart rate. I may not remember correctly.

A white lantern ring can bring someone back to life. So you have that.

Justice League Infinity reads like an unaired DCAU Episode, so if you miss that era and it’s John I highly recommend it.

Also I understand Thorne killed a crap ton of Lanterns in this week’s GL issue, curious to see if my man Vulk was one of the dead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I read Justice League Infinity. The first issue was good so far. It definitely gave me those JLU vibes. I've been enjoying how comical it is. I lol on a lot of parts of this issue. I'm definitely getting the second issue.

It looks like John is in a love triangle with Shayera and Mari. I think based off of the scan above, Shayera still have feelings for John. I'm curious on whether John is going to fall back for Shayera.