Page 107 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2641

LOL. John should know better than to come in between a conversation between his ex and current gf.

Didn’t see Vulk confirmed KIA so my beloved volcano head is still kicking in my headcanon! Is John reacquiring his Guardian powers the long term or short term endgame for the run I wonder? With the Guardians incapacitated (or dead) it’s obvious John will have to ascend to start un****ing the GLC. But then what the Corps will look like is the question that intrigues me. And what position will John take? Something like Kyle’s time as Ion or more hands off?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn’t see Vulk confirmed KIA so my beloved volcano head is still kicking in my headcanon! Is John reacquiring his Guardian powers the long term or short term endgame for the run I wonder? With the Guardians incapacitated (or dead) it’s obvious John will have to ascend to start un****ing the GLC. But then what the Corps will look like is the question that intrigues me. And what position will John take? Something like Kyle’s time as Ion or more hands off?
    I don't know if I ever seen Vulk in this run.

I'm hoping that John's Guardian powers is long term endgame. It's been said that John is going to be an ambassador at some point. As for the Guardians, I don't know whether or not they'll survive. If they don't, then John would be the only surviving Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I don't know if I ever seen Vulk in this run.

I'm hoping that John's Guardian powers is long term endgame. It's been said that John is going to be an ambassador at some point. As for the Guardians, I don't know whether or not they'll survive. If they don't, then John would be the only surviving Guardian.
    Frankly I hope the munchkins bite it. I liked the idea of the Corps being on their own without the Guardians ordering them around that was set up at the end of Johns run. Thorne’s run ending on a group of “New Guardians” with John leading a bunch of representatives from other alien races who ascend also in order to lead the GLC sounds good to me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Frankly I hope the munchkins bite it. I liked the idea of the Corps being on their own without the Guardians ordering them around that was set up at the end of Johns run. Thorne’s run ending on a group of “New Guardians” with John leading a bunch of representatives from other alien races who ascend also in order to lead the GLC sounds good to me.
    The GLC feels weird without the Guardians. Like, they just got the job again and now we're shuffling them off? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The GLC feels weird without the Guardians. Like, they just got the job again and now we're shuffling them off? Eh.
    I thought them getting the job again was a mistake in the first place. Sure it’s weird but the Guardians actually being removed feels like the kind of event that should stick given all the crap they’ve done. Their time is over bluntly.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...green-lantern/
    If you would ask me, “what’s the most interesting thing about a Green Lantern comic?”, I’d say the ring. The ring is it’s this sort of ‘get out of jail free’ card for any situation because it can translate, and it can make a bomb, and it can make a ship or anything else in the universe. But you took the rings pretty much off the table instantly. Was that always going to be your approach?

Geoffrey Thorne: Okay, there’s an incredibly long version of this that has been told elsewhere. Basically, I came on after the 5G thing and already been decided I pitched them a short, John Stewart focused mini series, which they bought, and through a very long and arcane sequence of events, it ended up that I’m writing the “Green Lantern” ongoing book focused on John Stewart, which was never the original plan. But when I came in, there were certain fixed points at the company because of what their plans were, and they evolved while I was there, but they have stuff going on with ‘Infinite Frontier.’

At the time, the end of the “Death Metal” event that they’ve been doing for like, what, two years at that point, they had nothing to do with me. But they were like, “these things will occur.” Like, regardless of who’s writing the book, any of these books, these four or five things are definitely happening over the next two years here. So one of your things will be the loss of the Power Battery. And I say, “what does that mean?” And they say, “whatever you want it to mean, but the battery is going to go dark or disappear or something. What that actually means is up to you, but the ramifications are what we’re interested in.” And I was like, Okay, great, let’s do that. It doesn’t really hurt what I was trying to say with the John story, he was always going to be sort of off on his own away from the rest of the group anyway, so that changed slightly. The other thing is, because we’re all comic book fans, I guess it got leaked, somehow, even through the whole 5G craziness, or just in general. A lot of the fans were like “they’re gonna blow up the power battery, they’re gonna get rid of the power battery power. Oh, here we go again with that crap,” basically. And I was like, well, traditionally, what you would do in a story like this is you’d sort of writee a book, no power problems, no battery problems for months. And I was like, “Why do that? Let’s just get it out of the way.” If we’re about ramifications, if we’re about the repercussions of the loss of the battery, if that’s what’s interesting, let’s get to it. So that’s why I brought it up in the second issue, and that’s why it’s blown up rather than sort of tying this place or, you know, in some other recoverable way, right, not recoverable. That battery is gone, my friend is absolutely blown to smithereens.
    More at the link and it’s an interesting read. Very curious what the original 5G plans were for GL as well as what the John Stewart mini would’ve been like. God what is with DC editorial and it’s hard on for “Death of the Corps” stories though, they gotta knock that shit off after this.

BANNED

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...green-lantern/

More at the link and it’s an interesting read. Very curious what the original 5G plans were for GL as well as what the John Stewart mini would’ve been like. God what is with DC editorial and it’s hard on for “Death of the Corps” stories though, they gotta knock that shit off after this.
    From a marketing standpoint, it sounds like a big, dramatic event, but fans know it's a pretty cyclical concept for the GLC-- It's a way of showing that there's no safety net or backup anymore. It's like destroying Asgard or Atlantis.

I thought them getting the job again was a mistake in the first place. Sure it’s weird but the Guardians actually being removed feels like the kind of event that should stick given all the crap they’ve done. Their time is over bluntly.
    But the GL's don't feel as alien or cosmic without a presiding body of little blue all-knowing spacemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But the GL's don't feel as alien or cosmic without a presiding body of little blue all-knowing spacemen.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree. After Johns run the Corps leaving the Guardians behind was the natural evolution, and they should not have brought them back. Plus they’ve been more incompetent than not since Johns anyway, they’ve been petty tyrannical monsters everywhere outside of Morrison. I’d argue the Corps being overseen either by a transcendent John Stewart led group of “New Guardians” or the United Planets will feel much more natural while still feeling cosmic and alien.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. After Johns run the Corps leaving the Guardians behind was the natural evolution, and they should not have brought them back. Plus they’ve been more incompetent than not since Johns anyway, they’ve been petty tyrannical monsters everywhere outside of Morrison. I’d argue the Corps being overseen either by a transcendent John Stewart led group of “New Guardians” or the United Planets will feel much more natural while still feeling cosmic and alien.
    I agree they needed to be purged by the Johns run but by then they were too far gone. Morrison's pretty much been the only one writing them by the time they came back and I don't think they've been depicted as being near as bad as they got during the Johns era, unless I missed something.

I feel like that idea would just feel too mundane by comparison, although maybe I'm just skeptical considering the last "New Guardians" attempt.

I think the problem with blue Guardians being out and John replacing them is that eventually we'd just get to John/Jo or John/Hal or John/Kyle conflicts. Important part of the GL mythos is that GL will occasionally disagree with what Guardians tell him to do. So you know, John would likely get good amount of stories where main GL disagrees and John is shown as being out of touch or incompetent or "having nefarious goals".

To be honest, I wouldn't mind. It's hard for me to imagine that they would have bigger roles now, since the GLC is under the United Planet's jurisdiction. It would also leave John as the last Guardian of the universe. I think it would be an interesting take if John is leading representatives from different alien races.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think the problem with blue Guardians being out and John replacing them is that eventually we'd just get to John/Jo or John/Hal or John/Kyle conflicts. Important part of the GL mythos is that GL will occasionally disagree with what Guardians tell him to do. So you know, John would likely get good amount of stories where main GL disagrees and John is shown as being out of touch or incompetent or "having nefarious goals".
    Well the the Guardians are a rare species, who don't have emotions like the GL's do, so their judgement is an effect of that . So it makes sense for GLs to disagree with the Guardians occasionally. Ganthet is one of the very very few, who has developed emotions, which is why GLs seems to get along with him the most. John Stewart is a human, so it's easier for him to see other GL's perspectives and agree when necessary. I think there may be some disagreements, but it'll most likely be rare.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the GLCorps concept will never be able to rid itself completely from the Guardians. That said, Steve Englehart teed the Corps up for a Oan-less future in 1986 and it was a pretty interesting set-up that was largely unexplored. I'd love to see John struggle to deal with full leadership of the Corps, along with the rest of the Earth GLs. It would be an interesting put up or shut up moment for a lot of them, given how much chaffing they've all done under the Guardians.

It's very easy to complain about the boss, but it's a different story when you are the boss.