Page 116 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2641

Enjoyed the issue, not much on the Stewart side, but John rigging up a bunch of solar panels to fuel their escape was cool. Looks like next issue will be the rescue of Kilowog.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

JLI 2

BANNED

BANNED

The issue was ok. The handling of the characters were pretty good, but there just wasn't enough John Stewart in this story, although he displayed competence in a short story. So his part of the story was in the back, rather in the front. Green Lantern is starting to feel more like a GLC book, rather than a GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Enjoyed the issue, not much on the Stewart side, but John rigging up a bunch of solar panels to fuel their escape was cool. Looks like next issue will be the rescue of Kilowog.
    That's probably the only good thing in John's part of the story, which is his competence, but that's it.

BANNED

Yeah, Thorne made a point of putting out a joker gif when people asserted this was a John book. Seems to be about setting the stage for Keli and Jo to take over, like Jon, Luke, Yara, etc. John might become a Guardian/esteemed leader like Superman leading the United Planets, while Jo and Hal end up as beat cops. I'm ready to move on from John being depowered already, since the powers are a draw to the book/character. I also wish we got a run where John doesn't feel like another supporting character. On the positive side of the issue, Keli seems to think highly enough of John for him to be a go-to construct in her arsenal. Tai Pham sees John similarly, since John trained him.

BANNED

I honestly don't think there's been a real John centered book since Mosaic in the 1990s, and we all know why that won't ever be collected now. Even during his reintroduction in the 80s, his predecessor kept complaining about being replaced in-story.

Van Jensen's GLC run was the closest to a John-centered title since Mosaic, but it's hard to give to a newbie since it was pulled into so many crossovers.

I don't know, maybe it's how long an issue takes to be released that makes it feel like we have to wait forever for content.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-06-2021 at 08:35 AM.

As you know I have a policy of not discussing the ongoing or future plans for the book. Once it's done, I'll offer a debrief Q & A.

Until then, I can offer this.

"I was brought in to be somewhat an agent of change, and part of my mandate is to do that. So that includes the seven main Green Lanterns who are already having their decks aggressively shuffled, which they will continue to be shuffled. Just because Simon is sporting a cyborg arm right now, doesn’t mean he’s always going to be doing that. We don’t know what’s going on with Kelli." Multiveristy interview

"Without being too evasive, this book will very much be a book about John Stewart’s journey AND a book about the Green Lantern Corps as a whole and their place in the DCU, going forward. A lot of predictions about how things will be configured are WAY off." - The Green Lantern Corps. Com interview.

I was being kind. NONE of the predictions, thus far, are even close.

It's a story. You won't know what it's about until the end of the arc. If sales falter and I have to leave before the end of the third arc, you'll never see some of the seeds I'm planting now bear fruit.

That's showbiz.

But it is a STORY.

No one knows what's coming. No one.

No one is safe.
    Last edited by Redjack; 08-06-2021 at 09:28 AM.

BANNED

I apreciate you sharing what you can, Redjack-- I'll certainly keep reading, as this is the title I'm most interested in.

BANNED

Well. Thanks.

It's about to get bumpy and strange as hell.

Issues 1 and 2 were just.... the opening.

We're almost only halfway through.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Well. Thanks.

It's about to get bumpy and strange as hell.

Issues 1 and 2 were just.... the opening.

We're almost only halfway through.
    I’m having a good time so far, I like the split between Dark Sector story and Oa story. Can’t wait to see more of John’s space renegade adventures.

My only hope though is that we get to see Simon rock out with that Mech soon in the near future. It looked cool and I for one would love to see it get used.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I don't want to just be negative, but I think criticism is pretty justified here.

This is an example of one of the main reasons Green Lantern lost quite a lot of appeal for me. The more DC arbitrarily adds these useless characters who basically all do the same things, the less the odds are that you will actually see characters you like doing stuff that matters. DC is adding pointless characters but not at all growing the demand for more product.

It...really is a strategy that doesn't make sense and isn't working. And I'm not saying that just to be critical...it"s just true.

Guys like Johns and Bendis were probably looking for more of those royalty checks, so I think their personal gains didn't really coincide with what was healthy for GL in the long run.

I suppose the only way the strategy makes any sense is if DC is trying to hit every single demographic possible when or if it adapts GL to something else. That's still dumb because it is coming at the cost of misguidedly watering the IP down, thus making it less and less apealing. And it's unnecessary when DC has gajillions of IPs. They don't need to dump all this stuff into GL.