Page 119 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I gotta say the Green Lanterns haven't been this interesting to me in a long time. I think this run is exciting. I don't think Thorne is doing what he's doing for mere shock value or to be mean-spirited. Superhero comics have zero stakes these days. I don't like reading a book and just knowing "Eh he'll pull through" To me that's boring.
    It's exciting because new concepts are being added to the mythos. The structure of the Corps is no longer the same, new unexplored sectors, etc. We're expecting the unexpected, which I think it's what's really needed.

For those who want a more “classic” John, his role in Justice League: The Last Ride so far has been entertaining and clearly reminiscent of the DCAU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely more people seem to care about Jessica than they care about him despite the fact that they shared a book together...
    I think Jessica was more popular than Simon but the deciding factors were the fact that she had a open niche to fill as the human leading lady of the franchise plus the added fact that she's one of DC's few prominent hispanic character in a time where hispanic representation was big in the zeitgeist. so when DC cancelled their run to consolidate the franchise for Morrison's run with Hal, they had more incentive to give Jess slots in other titles, and with John filling the spot of the League's Lantern, Simon sorta fell into limbo with Guy and Kyle without the element of nostalgic they have to fall back on to keep him in the comic book consciousness.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-11-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think Jessica was more popular than Simon but the deciding factors were the fact that she had a open niche to fill as the human leading lady of the franchise plus the added fact that she's one of DC's few prominent hispanic character in a time where hispanic representation was big in the zeitgeist. so when DC cancelled their run to consolidate the franchise for Morrison's run with Hal, they had more incentive to give Jess slots in other titles, and with John filling the spot of the League's Lantern, Simon sorta fell into limbo with Guy and Kyle without the element of nostalgic they have to fall back on to keep him in the comic book consciousness.
    Which sucked for someone like me, who was and still is a fan of Simon, who felt his presence resonated supremely well and just as much so as Jessica's.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Which sucked for someone like me, who was and still is a fan of Simon, who felt his presence resonated supremely well and just as much so as Jessica's.
    Well, the current Team Lantern loves Simon Baz.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Well, the current Team Lantern loves Simon Baz.
    Well, you've done a great job thus far of turning my former apathy towards Simon into something inching closer and closer to appreciation. You never know, I might actually start getting excited whenever he shows up one of these days

Sam Humphries' work with Simon was underrated in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sam Humphries' work with Simon was underrated in my opinion...
    I thought his run was fantastic, made me a fan of both characters. It was nice having two GL books during Rebirth and enjoying both.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GamesRadar View Post
    GREEN LANTERN #8
    Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    Art by TOM RANEY and MARCO SANTUCCI
    Cover by BERNARD CHANG
    Variant cover by JULIET NNEKA
    $4.99 US | 40 PGS | $5.99 US Variant (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/2/21

Will the Dark Sector die? With trillions of lives in peril, John battles the DEISTORM and the challenge of its FUTURE STATES! Meanwhile, Jo Mullein solves the mystery of the Battery's destruction in time to see the rise of a new and ancient enemy. Is this the final end of Oa and the Green Lanterns?!

Deistorm, the cosmic cousin of Deathstorm .

JUSTICE LEAGUE INFINITY #6

Both Justice Leagues arrive at the nexus of all realities, the Mirrored Room. Though they had hoped to find their old friend Amazo, what the League finds left behind in the ruins of the shattered mirrors is a far cry from the sentient android!

I honestly don't know why John keeps missing from these covers. This is like what, the third or fourth time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I honestly don't know why John keeps missing from these covers. This is like what, the third or fourth time?
    I care less about that than the marketing strategy overall. This will likely be the cover of the collected edition:

Makes sense, since TPBs are able to reach a larger audience, with a more diverse age range.

But the monthly floppy buyers tend to skew older, so you'd think they'd feature the older Lanterns more, whether that be John, Jo, or Simon. . .

Also, Jo fans might have felt a bait and switch with last issue's cover. We John fans are already sensitive to that, with how DC used to market John front and center, only to have him beaten up on the first page of what turned out to be a Hal Jordan story. Looking at you, Tom King. . .

Anyway, there may be some more interesting variant covers released closer to the shipping date.