Page 120 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2641
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I honestly don't know why John keeps missing from these covers. This is like what, the third or fourth time?
    John was on couple of variants I think, but look at main covers: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic.../green-lantern

Only #3 is really John's cover. He appears in two more, but I'd say that he is not the focus there.

I honestly don't know why John keeps missing from these covers. This is like what, the third or fourth time?
    Alas it’s not “his” book, Jo and Keli are basically co-stars alongside him. Just another reason I’m hoping Redjack’s teasing about the John Stewart mini means it is in fact going to happen so he gets his own book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Yeah, I dunno' if this current comic can really be called a John Stewart book in good faith. Rather, it's a comic that features him. And when he is around he has no ring, and that's no fun for me for an extended period of time.

See, here's what concerns me. Well...I think concern is the wrong word, because I don't really care, but we'll just use that word for now. DC very well may sweep a lot of these Lanterns under the rug, but if the company does so, they're probably going to keep the ones mostly no one cares about for PC reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Alas it’s not “his” book, Jo and Keli are basically co-stars alongside him. Just another reason I’m hoping Redjack’s teasing about the John Stewart mini means it is in fact going to happen so he gets his own book.
    Perhaps he meant the next arc after they deal with this "destroyed central power battery" stuff all over again would be a John-centric story and then he would get to tell the story that's closer to what he originally pitched. Because to be fair why would DC have him write a solo John story in a separate miniseries when the main book that he's currently writing was originally promoted as a John Stewart-led title in the first place. I just think the optics would be kind of odd if John can only get a solo story in a separate series instead of in the main and only current GL book that was already advertised with him as the lead character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-14-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's basically more a GLC book than a GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Goblin View Post
    Yeah, I dunno' if this current comic can really be called a John Stewart book in good faith. Rather, it's a comic that features him. And when he is around he has no ring, and that's no fun for me for an extended period of time.

See, here's what concerns me. Well...I think concern is the wrong word, because I don't really care, but we'll just use that word for now. DC very well may sweep a lot of these Lanterns under the rug, but if the company does so, they're probably going to keep the ones mostly no one cares about for PC reasons.
    I've never written anything, nor will I ever write anything for "PC reasons."

Not one word, not one sentence, not one story.

Ever.

I see what you guys are saying. So basically it isn't a John Stewart solo or a John Stewart book, but rather a book that happens to feature him the most, while other characters like Jo and Kelli are co-leads. So that's why they're being featured in those covers as well. That makes sense.

Ultimate Member

I see what you guys are saying. So basically it isn't a John Stewart solo or a John Stewart book, but rather a book that happens to feature him the most, while other characters like Jo and Kelli are co-leads. So that's why they're being featured in those covers as well. That makes sense.
    Basically it's Hal Jordan and TGLC book-while one part does feat John (or Hal) as the A story-everyone else is the B story.

It's John centric because he's the one trying to find everyone after the lantern blew up. Jo & Kelli are another story that shows the other side of the story.

Pretty much Cap America did this with Falcon, Cap had the main story and Falcon was doing another one that eventually merged with Cap's.

DC very well may sweep a lot of these Lanterns under the rug
    DC will get a ROYAL ripping if they tried that.

Jessica and Simon held a book that outsold at times Hal & TGLC.

Jo had a mini and that trade comes out next month.

Who gets tossed? Guy appears to be in that HBO show with Alan and Jo.

Kyle for good or bad is the most success in terms of solos of all POC at DC (if you don't count Catwoman and Nightwing-even so he would be 3rd behind them).

Hal goes? That is begging for attacks on Redjack and other DC employees-that will be lead by the toxic fandom that has attacked DC and Marvel since some editor drank milkshakes.

Hal's record speaks for itself. Everybody's resume speaks for itself. Unless you are going to have one set for floppies and another set for OGNs.

I would say Jessica, Simon, Jo, Keli and even Guy would far better and reach more folks as OGNs. With occasional appearances in floppies. And vice versa for Hal and the rest.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Y'all John doesn't have a character bio in the new DC encyclopedia...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Y'all John doesn't have a character bio in the new DC encyclopedia...
    That's strange. He's had one in every previous DC Encyclopedia and that was when he was much less of a priority on an editorial and corporate level. Given the push John has been getting lately, omitting him now seems like an odd oversight.

Did every other Lantern get one?

BANNED

Perhaps retcons are expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did every other Lantern get one?
    Well lets not get crazy here, I think encyclopaedia doesn't have that many pages

On a more serious note Jessica was on the cover if I'm not mistaken so she should be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Thai, Jo and Teen Lantern are missing since they are fairly new. Other Lanterns I'd expect to make the cut.