Page 121 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2641
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did every other Lantern get one?
    If you're asking about the DC Encyclopedia, yes. I had bought the previous two editions for my students and both had individual listings for all the human GLs, in addition to Kilowog and the GLCorps. If memory serves, the older one had Hal under "Green Lantern" as editorial was pushing him as the default GL at the time, with John, Guy, and Kyle being listed under J, G, and K. The subsequent edition had them all listed under a massive GL entry that included everyone, but with Simon and Jess added at the end. I think Jess only had just become a GL at that point (or possibly was still Power Ring). Like I said, this is all from memory. I'll give the book a check later today when I'm in class.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well lets not get crazy here, I think encyclopaedia doesn't have that many pages

On a more serious note Jessica was on the cover if I'm not mistaken so she should be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Thai, Jo and Teen Lantern are missing since they are fairly new. Other Lanterns I'd expect to make the cut.
    My guess is that, like the 2016 edition, they opted for a catch-all Green Lantern entry, rather than individual character bios for each human GL.

Here’s the 2016 edition, which has everyone under the GLCorps article except for Hal, who is listed under the main GL entry.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 08-16-2021 at 01:47 AM.

I find it very strange if he really doesn't have his own bio when he's prominently displayed on the back cover.

Apparently he was featured on the back cover of the "All-New Edition" of the 2016 version as well. Again alongside Jessica.

They'd have him fight Darkseid on the back cover yet he apparently doesn't have his own bio? Something must have really fallen through the cracks here.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-16-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I find it very strange if he really doesn't have his own bio when he's prominently displayed on the back cover.

Apparently he was featured on the back cover of the "All-New Edition" of the 2016 version as well. Again alongside Jessica.

They'd have him fight Darkseid on the back cover yet he apparently doesn't have his own bio? Something must have really fallen through the cracks here.
    Absolutely, someone got lazy and didn't bother to update the GL sections, both in 2016 and, from the sounds of it, the new edition. I mean, the 2016 edition has an entry for Kilowog, but John, Guy, and Kyle get nothing but mentions in the GLCorps entry. Contrast that to the 2011 edition (Pre-Flashpoint), everyone got their own individual entry under their name. Granted, that was before the GL movie came out and nuked the franchise from orbit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Basically it's Hal Jordan and TGLC book-while one part does feat John (or Hal) as the A story-everyone else is the B story.

It's John centric because he's the one trying to find everyone after the lantern blew up. Jo & Kelli are another story that shows the other side of the story.

Pretty much Cap America did this with Falcon, Cap had the main story and Falcon was doing another one that eventually merged with Cap's.
    That's pretty much how I see it.

With that said, how would people feel if Kelli would be an official side kick to Green Lantern John Stewart? I would be the first guy to be behind this idea. Green Lantern is one of the fewest brands that doesn't have a side kick, unlike Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman etc. I think this idea raises John's profile, even the Green Lantern profile. Seeing how Kelli was using John constructs in the latest issue and how John is sort of acting as a mentor to her, I'm thinking DC is probably considering this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it.

With that said, how would people feel if Kelli would be an official side kick to Green Lantern John Stewart? I would be the first guy to be behind this idea. Green Lantern is one of the fewest brands that doesn't have a side kick, unlike Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman etc. I think this idea raises John's profile, even the Green Lantern profile. Seeing how Kelli was using John constructs in the latest issue and how John is sort of acting as a mentor to her, I'm thinking DC is probably considering this idea.
    John has already been the leader of the GLC multiple times, so him mentoring Keli makes perfect sense. But Jo and Simon seem to be Keli’s mentors so far. John did get to mentor those aliens and lead them in the fight against the slavers however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All I can say is this book is absolutely not going where anyone (so far, anyway ) thinks it will.

But there are no "back-up" or "filler" stories. Everything matters. No one is safe.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    All I can say is this book is absolutely not going where anyone (so far, anyway ) thinks it will.

But there are no "back-up" or "filler" stories. Everything matters. No one is safe.
    Can you bring back Brik? Or at least let me know what happened to her? That would definitely qualify as "not going where anyone thinks it will".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    John has already been the leader of the GLC multiple times, so him mentoring Keli makes perfect sense. But Jo and Simon seem to be Keli’s mentors so far. John did get to mentor those aliens and lead them in the fight against the slavers however.
    Yea, I was thinking about how Bendis made John sort of a mentor figure, which I thought was interesting. But we'll see what happens later in this run if/when John ever gets his powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Can you bring back Brik? Or at least let me know what happened to her? That would definitely qualify as "not going where anyone thinks it will".
    looking backward will not help you with this run.

i don't do nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    looking backward will not help you with this run.

i don't do nostalgia.
    That’s one of the main reasons why I like the book. I prefer innovative writing than nostalgic writing. I think that’s something that the Green Lantern franchise really needed.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Fellow John fans, do you guys know where this art is from? I've never seen this before. I came across it on twitter. I believe it is Yanick Paquette.

It's a flashback scene from Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #1. Art by Ryan Sook.