Page 122 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2641
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's a flashback scene from Wonder Woman: Black and Gold #1. Art by Ryan Sook.

Johnny thank you so much! Wow, this is Sook? John's face resembles Paquette's art a lot.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 08-20-2021 at 07:17 AM.

Ryan Sook's artwork looks really good. So John got the classic costume with the white gloves, so this flashback must be way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Ryan Sook's artwork looks really good. So John got the classic costume with the white gloves, so this flashback must be way back.
    The only thing that throws it off is Cyborg has his modern design.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only thing that throws it off is Cyborg has his modern design.
    If you take a closer look Cyborg actually has the 80s face plate combined with the modern design. Really not sure about the timeline of the flashback itself though. John being in the classic costume has to mean this is during the time he became the main GL after Hal gave up his ring, while Batman having the yellow oval, WW with the classic one piece bathing suit look and Black Canary being there all hint at the Satellite era. Aquaman on the other hand already has his long haired bearded look which I don't believe he had at that time yet, which means Flash could either be Barry or Wally, while Cyborg's presence itself makes it even more confusing since he was never part of that roster unless it's meant to be a possible Super-Friends reference.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-20-2021 at 08:04 AM.

That scene is implied to be set rather far in the past as it’s shown it’s a flashback as

spoilers:
    Diana walks past Bruce’s dilapidated tomb at a graveyard
    end of spoilers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Fellow John fans, do you guys know where this art is from? I've never seen this before. I came across it on twitter. I believe it is Yanick Paquette.

I'm digging the white gloves.

Black & Gold is an out of continuity anthology just like Black & White and Red & Blue. Man what I wouldn’t give for a Black & Green GL anthology series in the same vein right now…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Black & Gold is an out of continuity anthology just like Black & White and Red & Blue. Man what I wouldn’t give for a Black & Green GL anthology series in the same vein right now…
    Beat me to it

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was wrong about John and the rest not getting entries in the 2016 encyclopedia. It’s listed under S, not J.

[IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/3b66d38d-152a-4027-b31a-c4e591e27a94[/IMG]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was wrong about John and the rest not getting entries in the 2016 encyclopedia. It’s listed under S, not J.

Happy to see he made the cut

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Happy to see he made the cut
    Yeah, everyone got their own entry except for Jessica Cruz, who was brand new at that point and only got mentioned at the end of the GLCorps entry. My guess is that John is indeed in the newest edition, but people made the same mistake I did and checked for him under J for John Stewart, rather than S for Stewart, John. I wonder if Hal still has the main GL entry or if its become a catch-all GLCorps entry and he's now listed under J for Jordan, Hal. Presumably Jessica Cruz will now get her own entry in this edition.

Here’s John’s entry if anyone is curious.

BANNED

ComicVine has a better entry that elevates and pitches John better:

Quote Originally Posted by ComicVine View Post
    Formerly an architect, social activist, and U.S. Marine sniper, John Stewart was chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to join the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping organization dedicated to protecting life throughout the universe. Stewart has proven himself time and again to be an exceptional champion in countless missions that have taken him across the cosmos. His distinguished service in the Corps has resulted in a place among the Oan Honor Guard and the position of Corps Leader.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-25-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Here’s John’s entry if anyone is curious.
    Thanks for posting this!

I might go ahead and get the DC encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Thanks for posting this!

I might go ahead and get the DC encyclopedia.
    Please do, because I really want to see how they've updated the GL stuff

The Alan Scott entry in particular will require some significant rewrites, as his 2016 entry was almost exclusively about the young Earth-2 version.

I'm also curious to see if Hal has still been given the GL entry or if he will now be listed under his name.