Page 123 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Please do, because I really want to see how they've updated the GL stuff

The Alan Scott entry in particular will require some significant rewrites, as his 2016 entry was almost exclusively about the young Earth-2 version.

I'm also curious to see if Hal has still been given the GL entry or if he will now be listed under his name.
    Will do! I've been a bit behind on the DCU, so I'll be getting for some references with GL and other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, everyone got their own entry except for Jessica Cruz, who was brand new at that point and only got mentioned at the end of the GLCorps entry. My guess is that John is indeed in the newest edition, but people made the same mistake I did and checked for him under J for John Stewart, rather than S for Stewart, John. I wonder if Hal still has the main GL entry or if its become a catch-all GLCorps entry and he's now listed under J for Jordan, Hal. Presumably Jessica Cruz will now get her own entry in this edition.
    So I managed to check out the new edition of the DC Encyclopedia and it's very much the same with some updated information and art.

John's entry is on the S section again with the Jim Lee variant cover image and some new bits of info like Xanshi and Katma's death and some more recent developments such as the Ultraviolet Lantern stuff and being the GLC leader. Alan is now OG Alan instead of Earth-2 and his relationship with Jimmy Henton is naturally mentioned with some Gary Frank art from the GL Anniversary Special. Hal still gets the main GL entry with some added info about the Morrison run and some Liam Sharp art. Guy and Simon's entries are very much the same, Jessica and Teen Lantern have entries now, while Jo still doesn't which didn't surprise me since she's still very new. The GLC page is identical.

One notable difference is that Kyle is now listed as GL as well. Hal's entry is "Green Lantern", while Kyle's entry is "Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)". Kyle is the only human Lantern other than Hal who is listed as GL which kind of surprised me. Maybe dude has some fans in management.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-29-2021 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I managed to check out the new edition of the DC Encyclopedia and it's very much the same with some updated information and art.

John's entry is on the S section again with the Jim Lee variant cover image and some new bits of info like Xanshi and Katma's death and some more recent developments such as the Ultraviolet Lantern stuff and being the GLC leader. Alan is now OG Alan instead of Earth-2 and his relationship with Jimmy Henton is naturally mentioned with some Gary Frank art from the GL Anniversary Special. Hal still gets the main GL entry with some added info about the Morrison run and some Liam Sharp art. Guy and Simon's entries are very much the same, Jessica and Teen Lantern have entries now, while Jo still doesn't which didn't surprise me since she's still very new. The GLC page is identical.

One notable difference is that Kyle is now listed as GL as well. Hal's entry is "Green Lantern", while Kyle's entry is "Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)". Kyle is the only human Lantern other than Hal who is listed as GL which kind of surprised me. Maybe dude has some fans in management.
    He has enough fans that someone pitched something for him with the Round Robin...

BANNED

Love these counsel meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Love these counsel meetings.

At least one is on the Justice League roundtable.

BANNED

The Toughest Man Alive

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Given that Kyle was left out completely from the 2016 edition, my guess is his entry was listed under Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) because he was added later and no one noticed that the other GLs were listed under their civilian names.

However, it also could be that Kyle had a lengthy run as the solo star of the main GL title, but then that begs the question as to why Alan Scott didn't get listed under GL.

Look who’s on the Fandome poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Look who’s on the Fandome poster.

I guess they defaulted to Jim Lee art for John and Wonder Woman because they'll be part of the comic news and don't have any live-action stuff coming up?

Christ no update on the GLC movie? That pisses me off. All this crap they’re approving like (no offense to those who like it), Black Canary, MBJ’s Val-Zod vanity project, freaking Hourman apparently and nothing on GLC and John Stewart? Ugh.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

It may not be a property investors are interested in, especially since the DC Cinematic Universe isn't a brand on par with the MCU, which now has a license to print money.

Some directors may not "get" the property either-- As in how to handle constructs without making them cheese-y. I think you can just have the rings flash like a film projector, with the constructs being disconnected from the ring. Use serious constructs (elements, weapons) instead of toy playsets (hot wheels).

BANNED

It may not be a property investors are interested in, especially since the DC Cinematic Universe isn't a brand on par with the MCU, which now has a license to print money.

Some directors may not "get" the property either-- As in how to handle constructs without making them cheese-y. I think you can just have the rings flash like a film projector, with the constructs being disconnected from the ring. Use serious constructs (elements, weapons) instead of toy playsets (hot wheels).
    **** bro, Black Canary was in a damn flop as well. You can’t tell me more people give a damn about her than they do GL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    **** bro, Black Canary was in a damn flop as well. You can’t tell me more people give a damn about her than they do GL.
    Black Canary's flop wasn't called "Black Canary."

Special Effects for a Black Canary film are likely cheap in comparison to GL.

Black Canary may have passionate creators behind the scenes.

Given how often I post here, I would obviously prefer a John Stewart film, but I'm not surprised about how little traction this project seems to be getting. WB is afraid of doing straightforward, modern Superman films, despite how successful several Superman projects have been.

WB doesn't have a driving force laying the foundational on-screen relationships for the sort of billion-dollar films folks want. This has been a systematic issue for a long time, and there's not any indicators of systematic change.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-30-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Black Canary's flop wasn't called "Black Canary."

Special Effects for a Black Canary film are likely cheap in comparison to GL.

Black Canary may have passionate creators behind the scenes.

Given how often I post here, I would obviously prefer a John Stewart film, but I'm not surprised about how little traction this project seems to be getting. WB is afraid of doing straightforward, modern Superman films.
    I get that, sorry didn’t mean to vent at you. Just annoys me that one of their biggest black characters is languishing during this period where they’re making a big show of how “diverse” they are.