Page 124 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    It may not be a property investors are interested in, especially since the DC Cinematic Universe isn't a brand on par with the MCU, which now has a license to print money.
    Yeah after what Chris Terrio said about WB sending the Justice League cast to parade them in front of the investors in order to reassure them it was worth their money after BvS flopped, it really hits you home just how things work in Hollywood. It was especially cringy when Terrio mentioned some Wall Street guy trying to lecture him on what Batman is supposed to be like. If they felt the need to send an Oscar winner like Affleck and Gal Gadot after the success of WW to essentially sell those people on the freaking Justice League, we can all imagine how they must look at a property like GL. It's embarrassing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-30-2021 at 11:30 PM.

We might get some info about the HBOMax show, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Look who’s on the Fandome poster.

Wow, it feels good to see John on that Fandome Poster!

I really hope they will provide new announcements that we haven't heard before. Because I just don't think he's on that poster for no reason.

We’re getting comics info at Fandome as well, so hopefully some news on what the future entails for comics Stewart at the very least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Christ no update on the GLC movie? That pisses me off. All this crap they’re approving like (no offense to those who like it), Black Canary, MBJ’s Val-Zod vanity project, freaking Hourman apparently and nothing on GLC and John Stewart? Ugh.
    I'll wait until Fandome before I say anything but I am in the same boat as you. A John Stewart led movie or animated show would be a dream come true.

I suspect they might be saving all their announcements for that event.

WB is not run by people who understand their characters and I suspect the spectre of the 2011 GL movie still hangs heavily on their heads.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    WB is not run by people who understand their characters and I suspect the spectre of the 2011 GL movie still hangs heavily on their heads.
    If they're still so traumatized over the performance of a 10 yr old film, they really need to move on. The first Suicide Squad movie was (imho) worse than GL 2011, and they seem to have gotten over that relative flop pretty quickly...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

True. I think a lot of film makers don't know the franchise well enough to make it "cool." There's a thin line when it comes to constructs, even in comics.

I feel like if the mcu can handle all the effects of a Dr Strange movie then the dceu can handle a GL movie. Just don't go so overboard with the effects, keep it simple like in the dcau.
    As far as the constructs go, as was stated in a previous post, keep it purely elemental or weapons based, no baseball bats or kaiju. Only bust them out when necessary, other than that stick to forcefields/energy punches/blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We’re getting comics info at Fandome as well, so hopefully some news on what the future entails for comics Stewart at the very least.
    I hope so, but John already is like the main character in the current book. If there was a second book for John, I would hope it'll be some kind of origin story for John or an All-Star Green Lantern series starring John. That would be pretty cool.

Redjack summarized and answered most of the questions of what's been going on with the book and some possible future plans. I recommend everyone to go and read it for yourself. You can check it out here.

Here's a couple of quotes what he said about the creation of Ameyra and John Stewart:

AMEYRA KHALAN is not related to SHAYERA THAL. They have similar-but-not-identical physical characteristics. Yes, she was intentionally designed to resemble Shayera. But it's just a visual nod to the Shay from the JL-JLU cartoon. Thus far she is too hostile to the concept of Green Lanterns to be considered anyone's love interest.
    John Stewart was elevated to the status of GUARDIAN in his old (and only) solo series, MOSAIC. For many reasons (some extremely unsavory), that yarn has been mostly ignored for decades but it remains the most defining story ever told about John so, along with everything else in the post Death Metal DCU, it's in.
    His summary on the site has been put together really good and should answer most of the questions on where we're at now.

Good read, but to me probably most important things is this:

TEEN LANTERN is NOT in possession of Krona's gauntlet. Her powers do not come from the Central Battery. She is in absolutely no way a Green Lantern. She's not even a Teen Lantern. She's eleven. She did not hack the Central Battery. She did not build or modify the gauntlet. She is a liar.
    Maybe she'll actually be interesting then.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Good read, but to me probably most important things is this:

Is she so much a liar so much as she doesn't really understand where her powers actually came from? I remember how her whole origin with the "GL" getting shot and leaving the gauntlet behind and one character in-universe actually brought up how strange that seemed, but they never addressed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it was sort of addressed that Teen Lantern had no affiliation with the Corps and isn't considered some kind of lantern. I remembered John telling her something like that in the earlier issues. But yea, I'm glad that it's official that she's not even a teen lantern and how she didn't hack the central power battery lol.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Honestly, what purpose has she even served? She was useless in Bendis' Young Justice, and she's been nothing but an annoyance in the current GL book. I've yet to read/see a single panel that makes me say "cool, tell me more!"....

And yes, I realize no one asked me.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES