Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'm not surprised. Geoff had zero creative energy for John.

It would be interesting if she ever showed up again.
    Wouldn't that be more of a Tomasi thing to ask? Or Van Jensen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finished reading the annotations, I love reading stuff like this! It’s always fascinating to read about the behind the scenes work of how comics get made.

Hah! Intrigued to see what the fix will be. Any guesses as to who the guy in white is?
    Yup, it's fascinating. I hope Redjack adds more in the future. I appreciate him for taking the time on writing out those annotations for us.

No one knows. I can't figure out any hints or anything. This character is very mysterious. All we know is that he's very knowledgeable about the history of the Guardians and the book of OA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

If they’re selling shirts I hope they’re giving Stewart a project in some format yet to be revealed.
    Nice! I would love to buy that sweat shirt!

I wonder whether there's a possibility that Fandom may announce an animated movie that features John Stewart? We still have this:

That would be cool if announced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't that be more of a Tomasi thing to ask? Or Van Jensen.
    I forgot about Tomasi. His lack of creative energy showed, too. It was clear Tomasi loved Guy, though. In fact, I came away liking Guy more than Hal, which was weird. I appreciated what VJ tried to do with John.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yup, it's fascinating. I hope Redjack adds more in the future. I appreciate him for taking the time on writing out those annotations for us.

No one knows. I can't figure out any hints or anything. This character is very mysterious. All we know is that he's very knowledgeable about the history of the Guardians and the book of OA.

Nice! I would love to buy that sweat shirt!

I wonder whether there's a possibility that Fandom may announce an animated movie that features John Stewart? We still have this:

That would be cool if announced.
    Well I’m guessing he might be one of the mind controlled Leaguers we’ll kill in the SS game, which wouldn’t exactly fit the spirit of what I want lol. I also expect him to be on the JL of the Tomorrowverse, so if they put out the formation of the team for that continuity I think he and Hawkgirl will be on it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    To add onto that, they could have alignment with the In Space team as well.

Red: Hal is like Andros in that he usually goes off on his own, is the leader sometimes (not so much now), but is still looked at as the symbol of the lanterns
    Blue: John reminds me of TJ, he's the leader even though he's not always in the spotlight (basically taking Mega Black's role)
    Yellow: Jess, since she's "the girl" of the group like Ashley
    Black: Guy (even though black was the leader in the Sentai but wasn't the case in America)
    Pink: I guess you could make it purple as a more gender neutral color since Simon takes this slot but idk
    Silver: Kyle, since he's been Ion/White Lantern and such
    I love MMPR but In Space was by far the best PR series of all time! The characters, the chemistry, the diversity! Amazing season! I’d say:

Andros/Red: Hal Jordan
    TJ/Blue: John Stewart
    Ashley/Yellow: Jessica Cruz
    Carlos/Black: Kyle Rayner
    Cassie/Pink: Jo Mullein
    Zhane/Silver: Guy Gardner

Simon is Alpha lol

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I love MMPR but In Space was by far the best PR series of all time! The characters, the chemistry, the diversity! Amazing season! I’d say:

Andros/Red: Hal Jordan
    TJ/Blue: John Stewart
    Ashley/Yellow: Jessica Cruz
    Carlos/Black: Kyle Rayner
    Cassie/Pink: Jo Mullein
    Zhane/Silver: Guy Gardner

Simon is Alpha lol
    Aww don't do Simon like that lmao

Aww don't do Simon like that lmao
    Lol had no one else to compare him to. He doesn’t fit Zordon, so Alpha it is haha

Not to further derail the thread but yeah I agree with the whole Andros angle. In my mind TJ should've stayed red and Andros should've been silver from the start so TJ could keep leading the team while Andros went off on his own looking for his sister (also doing something new by having all 6 at the start of the season). The whole Justin thing could've been sorted out by bringing in Zhane as his replacement.
    That's enough ranger talk from me tho, I could go on for days lol

Yeah that does sound better! I would have kept TJ as red as well, to keep him growing as character and leader. It’s also a shame they dropped that little romance angle he had with Cassie towards the beginning of Turbo. They had some good chemistry. Likewise with Ashley and Carlos.

Anyway, not to derail this thread any further, I will say I hope we get some GL movie news at Fandome! John have is front and center on the poster so maybe we will

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Hal and John are so good-looking. Can't say anything about Guy or Kyle... Simon neither...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

BANNED

Have any of you read the 1994 "Ring of Evil" annual?

Writer David DeVries and artist Dean Zachary spun an alternate history World War II tale where an occult ritual bestowed a powerful yellow ring on Reichführer Heinrich Himmler, who used its power to swing the balance of the war in the Nazis' favor. After the Third Reich comes to America, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner rise through the ranks, while Oliver Queen leads a haphazard resistance force of Green Lanterns, so called because of the lantern they carry to light their way through the wilderness. Shortly after elevating John Stewart to the leadership rank of Green Arrow, Queen is assassinated by Guy Gardner and his troops.

Meanwhile, Himmler's ring, long thought lost, comes into the possession of Hal Jordan, and the ritual sacrifice of the surviving Green Lanterns creates a green-hued ring for Guy Gardner. Inevitably, they fight over their conflicting views of the Nazi ideal. When John kills the extra-dimensional demon that created both rings, however, Guy uses the distraction to murder Hal. John takes Hal's ring -- the one imbued with the souls of a bunch of Nazis -- and gives it a new, noble purpose. Overpowering Guy, John siphons the souls of the Green Lanterns into his own ring.

. . . John defeats the ruling Nazis' top lieutenants, but will he be able to topple their empire? After decades of fascist rule, can even Green Lantern's light bring this world out of darkness? Opening this world up to other DC heroes and villains could paint a fascinating picture how this society heals.
    https://www.cbr.com/12-dc-comics-els...nt-to-revisit/

That’s a cool GL costume, and no never read it, the synopsis makes me want to take a look though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Have any of you read the 1994 "Ring of Evil" annual?

https://www.cbr.com/12-dc-comics-els...nt-to-revisit/

Yes I own that book.

Pipe dream I know but I would love to see Craig Hamilton work on a John book/story, his art is amazing.
    zerohourstrikes4-5.jpg

BANNED

DCAU fight scene compilation

BANNED

Reddit has a pretty good John Stewart respect thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...rt_postcrisis/

Quote Originally Posted by Reddit View Post
    Feats
    Strength

Restrains Lex Luthor

Speed

Flies to Oa with his dying thoughts

Durability

Flies to Oa with his dying thoughts

It takes ALL of Ganthets will to remove his and Kyle's ring

Takes a hit from a Kryptonian commander

Survives explosion of a planet

Survives a black hole

Survives the destruction of half a world, which then flew out of orbit and smacked into a star, which then triggered an anti-matter explosion that went supernova It was a yellow supergiant star. Hes just fine afterwards, just distressed. And he also managed to shield Martian Manhunter from this supernova.

Mental Resistance

Forces Sinestro out of his mind

Resists mind attacks from a vampire

Resists mind probing from Hal Jordan Also just generally ***** on his character

Energy Projection/Constructs

Hurts an amped Human Flame

Can cause a city wide tsunami

Seperates a city

Holds off a Kryptonian

Holds off a Planet full of Black Lanterns

Temporarily disables Superman

Blasts back the league

Helps Destroy a Planet Black Lantern

One shots a Kryptonian

Harms Fernus

Stuns Parallax

Traps Fernus in a construct

Makes a Solar System

Energy Sheilds

Blocks attack from a Great Ten member

Contains Clayface

Blocks attacks from Fatality and Dr. Light

Blocks attacked from an Amped Human Flame

Blocks attacks from Cyborg

Holds Earth together

It takes everything Superman has to break out of his constructs

Ring Versatility
    Here are the various things he can do with his ring.

Can copy advanced technologies

Can phase constructs through objects

Creates an antidote for a deadly virus

Disassembles machinery

Funnels radiation and fire

Mind [attacks] Boddika and Kreon

Mind wipes a police officer

Skill

Snipes a sniper

Deploys some sick ass justice
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-06-2021 at 05:43 AM.

BANNED

Social Activism