Page 136 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Somewhere around 1:15:40 you'll get some news about the GL numbers, at least. if we don't get to go to the second arc it will strictly be due to an editorial change of direction. Sales-wise, we are competitive. And no, at this time, I have no data regarding arc 2.

Good to hear! Hope you get to tell your story!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    If there's a John Stewart animated movie, I would be extremely happy with that as well. I would be happy if John has a strong presence in a media adaption. I could wait for the GL movie if it comes to that, but in the meantime, I would love to see John featured in other media adaptions.

And speaking of sales, it's interesting that the Green Lantern book is above some other iconic characters, too. I remembered Redjack saying somewhere that the sales from Comichron isn't as accurate and how the Green Lantern sales from the previous issue(s) is higher (or something like that).
    Still crossing my fingers for that solo John movie. It'd be an effective way of introducing him to a new audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In other news: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-08.html

Not sure how DC is viewing the sales but right now the IF era doesn’t seem to be doing well outside of Batman of course.
    I don't know, GL doesn't look that bad. Its not selling a lot, but it looks like it is rather stable. #3 had dropped below 30k, but #4 and #5 bounced back to 31k and 32k. I'm more surprised by Checkmate crashing to 18k already. Hoping that this leads to Bendis getting shoved thru the door.

Anyone else read the John story in Are You Afraid of Darkseid? I thought it was fantastic! John dealing with a haunted space hotel built by the Empire of Tears. Man I’d love to see the Empire of Tears get fleshed out more as John’s foes.

“Sorcerer terrorists”… what a cool concept! Reminds me of 40k Chaos a little lol. Wielgosz is a really good writer, I’ve liked everything he’s done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anyone else read the John story in Are You Afraid of Darkseid? I thought it was fantastic! John dealing with a haunted space hotel built by the Empire of Tears. Man I’d love to see the Empire of Tears get fleshed out more as John’s foes.

“Sorcerer terrorists”… what a cool concept! Reminds me of 40k Chaos a little lol. Wielgosz is a really good writer, I’ve liked everything he’s done.
    This was a pretty fun short. The Empire of Tears is a great concept that I don't think Johns really did justice. Moore's conception of them was much scarier, which Morrison thankfully restored in the GL/Blackstars story. Having the Empire of Tears simply be Atrocitus's backup band was such a waste.

There's also some great stuff in here in regards to John Stewart's various relationships to Kyle, Guy, & Hal.

I liked that short. Some good insight into the character.

You read his Man-Bat?

And this is probably nothing, but current GL also had "sorcerer terrorists".

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You read his Man-Bat?

And this is probably nothing, but current GL also had "sorcerer terrorists".
    No but I read his Man of Tomorrow issues, they were great! Was wondering if there was any connection between EoT and Thorne’s magic terrorists.

No but I read his Man of Tomorrow issues, they were great! Was wondering if there was any connection between EoT and Thorne’s magic terrorists.
    No connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I liked that short. Some good insight into the character.
    I agree. It was a really good insight into the character.

I read the story and I must say, I REALLY enjoyed on how the writer characterized John. He written him as a deep thinker, who fully understands the ones he works with and probably knows them more than they know themselves. I think it's one of the reasons why John is a really good natural born leader. He has tremendous respect for his peers, regardless whether he may see flaws. I'm amazed how Dave Wielgosz was able to write John here. This is HOW you write a character. It's a really really good example that you DON'T NEED Xanshi to have a good insight into John Stewart. Some writers way back failed at this imo. It's really nice to see numerous writers that's able to write John really well, even though there's not a lot of canon resource to pick up from, compared to other established characters.

And the art was great!

This was definitely great talent they showed here.

Has anyone looked at the DC FanDome website? John is shown in the Get To Know list banner, alongside Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam!.

The third human to ever wield a Green Lantern ring, John Stewart's leadership and tactical brilliance is legendary throughout every sector of the galaxy.
    I never seen that quote above in his bio at DCComics. It seems like DC must've added that recently in his bio. So it seems like they're really adding that leadership as a core part of his character. It's nice to see John get more developed and pushed.

DC has been advertising as Green Lantern being one of the books that you can read for free on DCUniverseInfinite. So if anyone's interested in reading Green Lantern digitally, you can sign up for free. I don't know when that offer expires, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Has anyone looked at the DC FanDome website? John is shown in the Get To Know list banner, alongside Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam!.

I never seen that quote above in his bio at DCComics. It seems like DC must've added that recently in his bio. So it seems like they're really adding that leadership as a core part of his character. It's nice to see John get more developed and pushed.

DC has been advertising as Green Lantern being one of the books that you can read for free on DCUniverseInfinite. So if anyone's interested in reading Green Lantern digitally, you can sign up for free. I don't know when that offer expires, though.
    Cool to hear .

BANNED

Fandome is this weekend. Hopefully we get news about John!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Fandome is this weekend. Hopefully we get news about John!
    I would be surprised if there's no news about John this weekend. Considering that you can clearly see him in the middle on the Fandom poster, featured in the get to know slider from dc fandome website, you also have John being in new merchandise outfits, etc. I just can't see that we won't get any news about him. I'm not expecting a live action John Stewart film, but I'm expecting SOMETHING done with him in an announcement.

I'm pretty sure we'll get something at fandome. Really hoping for an animated movie since they've gotten back on track with their revamped slate as of late, plus it could drum up hype for future projects.