Page 137 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2641

Do y'all think John will play a role in the upcoming Gold Lantern Saga in Justice League vs the Legion of Superheroes?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Do y'all think John will play a role in the upcoming Gold Lantern Saga in Justice League vs the Legion of Superheroes?
    To be honest I was kind of expecting Gold Lantern (if not the one from the Legion timeline) ends up joining the League as their Lantern so Bendis can push the concept.

Was hoping so but the Annual cover has Hal plus I think Thorne’s story will be taking place concurrently still. So sadly I don’t think John will be involved.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think so to be honest. At best, he may make a cameo appearance.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

John is the premier GL in new Jim Lee art for "DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains at AT&T Discovery District Lobby"

Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 10-15-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    John is the premier GL in new Jim Lee art for "DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains at AT&T Discovery District Lobby"

Cool! A good view of John is shown at 1:46. Jim Lee's artwork on John looks amazing. He's by far one of my favorite John Stewart artists.

Jim Lee also says in the video that if you walk around the comic art with the heroes, you'll see a villain attach to these characters on the other side. Looks like they're making Sinestro as the villain it seems with John in this case.

BANNED

John looking heroic AF

Jim has always rendered John well

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Cool! A good view of John is shown at 1:46. Jim Lee's artwork on John looks amazing. He's by far one of my favorite John Stewart artists.

Jim Lee also says in the video that if you walk around the comic art with the heroes, you'll see a villain attach to these characters on the other side. Looks like they're making Sinestro as the villain it seems with John in this case.
    Makes sense, Sinestro is still the #1 GL villain. Do think we need to start developing other entities as major threats to the Lanterns, this magic based foe Redjack has created is a good start.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jim Lee is definitely one of the top artists out there. It's a pleasure to see his artwork being displayed very large in a museum.

One of the main reasons I've bought Superman Unchained trade HC is because of his artwork lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes sense, Sinestro is still the #1 GL villain. Do think we need to start developing other entities as major threats to the Lanterns, this magic based foe Redjack has created is a good start.
    Yeah I agree. It's also the reason why Scott Snyder used Sinestro as John's arch nemesis in Justice League. He's a known villain. All the other villains like Tattoo Man, Shark, Hector Hammond, etc. aren't really interesting imo. They're not iconic villains. Hopefully the characters Redjack is using will change that. Because GL mythos need more villains that should be considered nearly iconic as Sinestro. It makes the Green Lantern mythos much more appealing among new and old readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yeah I agree. It's also the reason why Scott Snyder used Sinestro as John's arch nemesis in Justice League. He's a known villain. All the other villains like Tattoo Man, Shark, Hector Hammond, etc. aren't really interesting imo. They're not iconic villains. Hopefully the characters Redjack is using will change that. Because GL mythos need more villains that should be considered nearly iconic as Sinestro. It makes the Green Lantern mythos much more appealing among new and old readers.
    DC Cosmic has always historically felt “smaller” to me than Marvel Cosmic has. Feels like it’s the same faces over and over again with not enough weird stuff out there compared to Marvel having all that Kirby insanity lol.

DC Cosmic has always historically felt “smaller” to me than Marvel Cosmic has. Feels like it’s the same faces over and over again with not enough weird stuff out there compared to Marvel having all that Kirby insanity lol.
    Right lol. On the cosmic side, Marvel has always outdone DC in that area. I'm pretty sure DC is aware of that and know that they can do better in that field. So now we're seeing the United Planets come into place, which opens up other realms to explore in the DC Cosmic Universe. It's a step in the right direction.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They only used Sinestro because who else are they gonna use? John doesn't really have his own GL archenemy and Sinestro is THE GL villain.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

They're still using the Parallax Sinestro design here.
    Personally I don't really see all that much difference. With Marvel Cosmic it usually comes down to Kree, Skrulls, and Thanos with the Guardians of the Galaxy thrown in somewhere and the occasional Adam Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They only used Sinestro because who else are they gonna use? John doesn't really have his own GL archenemy and Sinestro is THE GL villain.
    In the future I can't wait to see Sinestro yelling out "Stewart!" and John being depicted as Barry Allen's best friend .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the future I can't wait to see Sinestro yelling out "Stewart!" and John being depicted as Barry Allen's best friend .
    I think that comes down to whoever the primary Flash is