Page 139 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John seems to be set up as a member of this generation getting a more esteemed position:

John - Guardian of the Universe
    Clark - President of the United Planets
    Barry - Justice Incarnate
    God knows the Smurfs can’t do anything right and need a babysitter to get anything done. Poor John getting stuck with that task lol, hope he gets a girlfriend at least. Imagine spending any length of time with a bunch control freaks who haven’t had sex in eons. No wonder Salaak is so uptight.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman - Batman of the World (?)

Wonder Woman - Something with the Godsphere (?)

Aquaman - Seaguy on Mars (?)

J'onn - Something with DC Metal?
    for Wonder Woman i think her esteem/new status quo likely comes from her being the savior of the Multiverse and effectively a full on God now. so I guess we could see her in the Godsphere more. Bruce, iunno. I don't think his world tour is really anything different than how Batman's been moving the last couple decades with the Justice League, the Outsiders, or the Justice League of America; so I'm sure what his big change will be. I don't think Aquaman or J'onn are getting new lofty positions tho. If any, if Future State and Young Justice (the show) is any indication, Arthur is likely to just step back to raise Andy and sort out the Atlantis political sphere with Mera.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    for Wonder Woman i think her esteem/new status quo likely comes from her being the savior of the Multiverse and effectively a full on God now. so I guess we could see her in the Godsphere more. Bruce, iunno. I don't think his world tour is really anything different than how Batman's been moving the last couple decades with the Justice League, the Outsiders, or the Justice League of America; so I'm sure what his big change will be. I don't think Aquaman or J'onn are getting new lofty positions tho. If any, if Future State and Young Justice (the show) is any indication, Arthur is likely to just step back to raise Andy and sort out the Atlantis political sphere with Mera.
    World tour seems to be building up Batman Inc. again.

I think Future State JL showed Arthur and Mera doing like political stuff in a new realm so maybe they'll build up to that.

John seems to be set up as a member of this generation getting a more esteemed position:

John - Guardian of the Universe
    Clark - President of the United Planets
    Barry - Justice Incarnate
    Batman - Batman of the World (?)

Wonder Woman - Something with the Godsphere (?)

Aquaman - Seaguy on Mars (?)

J'onn - Something with DC Metal?
    Good analysis!

BANNED

It'd be great to see human GL villains like Mark Shaw return, since it's more plausible that they'd team up with rogues from other galleries--compared to space-based/focused villains like Sinestro.

It'd be great to see human GL villains like Mark Shaw return, since it's more plausible that they'd team up with rogues from other galleries--compared to space-based/focused villains like Sinestro.

Well, the main GL Manhunters are robots, but they admittedly haven't done anything major in years.

The franchise has shifted so far away from Earth that I'd be surprised if we got more human villains.

I think every main GL should have their own unique individual nemesis though.

Is that...young Granny Goodness ?
    sure looks like it.

While I do want the Lanterns to have an anchor to their home planet in the form of a nemesis, I feel like they're far too powerful and experienced (especially the 4 horsemen) for any Earth based threat at this point in the game. They'd have to do some pretty creative writing to make viable threats for the ringslingers.

Is that...young Granny Goodness ?
    And Highfather... when he looked to young to be a a dad.

It does give me reason to ponder. Why is she called "granny"? How many grand children does she have?

Well, the main GL Manhunters are robots, but they admittedly haven't done anything major in years.

The franchise has shifted so far away from Earth that I'd be surprised if we got more human villains.

I think every main GL should have their own unique individual nemesis though.
    Personally I hate how human focused/Earth focused DC Cosmic is and far prefer building up other planets and races as important to the setting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

If Superman and Flash can still have Earth-based threats, there's no reason for GL not to.

BANNED

I'd really like to see a Legion of Doom with a plausible interpersonal dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally I hate how human focused/Earth focused DC Cosmic is and far prefer building up other planets and races as important to the setting.
    I think a balance would be nice. Although I think some Lanterns have arguably more of a call to Earth than others.

GL's being in space makes them stand out from the rest of the heroes who are earth bound.

Since we can only have one GL book at the moment, I don't mind it being set in space.

If we do get a second GL book I hope it does focus on an earth bound GL lantern. It would be funny if some like Kilowog or Ch'p were assigned to patrol earth. Lets have an earth centric GL book with an alien GL as it's main star.

John is the GL in the Suicide Squad game.