Page 151 of 177 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

You really love that pic with the sword lol where is that from again? Seeing you post it so many times makes me want to go read the story it’s in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You really love that pic with the sword lol where is that from again? Seeing you post it so many times makes me want to go read the story it’s in.
    Green Lantern: Godhead, lol.

Someone mentioned GLs being knights errant, so I figured it was relevant

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Green Lantern: Godhead, lol.

Someone mentioned GLs being knights errant, so I figured it was relevant
    It’s a really cool panel. Makes me wonder what an Elseworld GL series set in a fantasy universe would be like. Guess we’ll find out if John is in Dark Knights of Steel.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm glad this thread exists and I hope Redjack gets to finish his whole story because it seems like everywhere else they hate this comic. Reddit and Twitter are absulety dumping on this book.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post

I'm glad this thread exists and I hope Redjack gets to finish his whole story because it seems like everywhere else they hate this comic. Reddit and Twitter are absulety dumping on this book.
    To be frank, Reddit and Twitter are full of awful people with terrible opinions. I mean, some dude was on there last year talking about how boring Hal Jordan is. I mean, how lame is that

smoke bomb

*Bored scurries away*

Incredible Member

I just love the fact that in most of Jo Choels pics John is smiling. In most of his official artwork he's scolding for some reason.

I think he will, because I believe it was initially supposed to be a 12 issue arc. So this arc should be finished within early next year. It's an enjoyable ride so far.

I don't hardly see that on Twitter and Reddit to be honest. I see a lot of positive comments, regarding the series. And the sales wouldn't be comparable to a superstar like Morrison's later issues if it was that bad. Sure, there may be some critical parts in these stories, but that happens to every comic.

Now a few of the negativity that I've seen would be disgusting racist comments towards John Stewart from a few Hal Jordan fans, but that's it. It's pretty sad when a black man finally gets proper treatment, this nonsense happens. They're really making it bad for everyone else who's a fan of that character.

1) We have no guarantees past issue 12 because that's how contracts work. I have mapped out two more arcs before I would be done and the full story told.

2) The end of this arc will set some noses out of joint, I imagine. But which noses? Cue evil laugh.

3) All-in, social media fans only account for between 2% and 5% of the total buyer base. Whether we're clapping or booing, we don't move the needle in any appreciable way. Sales are all that matter and only in relation to whatever DC has projected is a successful number for each book.

4) Our sales are in line with those of the second arc of the Morrison/Sharp run on the title so, presumably, unless there's an editorial decision to change direction, if the sales stay in that range, we should be good.

5) Regardless of the next two arcs getting to exist or not, John will be in MUCH better shape when I put him down than when I picked him up.

6) As for the haters, i don't spend any time on them. They're entitled to their opinions. We all are. I do hope they're not spending money "hate-buying" because that's kind of stupid.

I've been paraphrasing T-Pain on this.

"If you don't like it, I'm not making it for you. If you DO like it, welcome to the club."
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-28-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Think Mark Millar mentioned that based on a talk he had with an exec in the know, only 5% of people who buy comics are on Twitter, so the Internet is an echo chamber as we’ve always known.

BANNED

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Think Mark Millar mentioned that based on a talk he had with an exec in the know, only 5% of people who buy comics are on Twitter, so the Internet is an echo chamber as we’ve always known.

Holy shit, that's a great image.

Interesting. I think we're the very few who have time to chat about comics over the internet

So those who wants to spread FUD about a comic to effect the sales, may have a hard time achieving that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Holy shit, that's a great image.
    Yes, indeed.

It's nice that John has been around that long for 50 years. I hope his green light continues to shine bright in the future.

Looking forward to see the plans DC has for him next year.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Interesting. I think we're the very few who have time to chat about comics over the internet

So those who wants to spread FUD about a comic to effect the sales, may have a hard time achieving that.
    The main ones who do that do not have regular jobs. Or at least appear not to have them.

Because no one who has a real job would RISK losing it spewing the mess we have seen from Twitter and other places.