Page 153 of 177 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2641
    BANNED

I think it's too early to get our hopes up at this point. Let's wait for more details. All we have at this point is a picture of John on the sleeve of a DVD. For all we know, he could be a secondary character here who just happens to be on the Tomorrowverse Justice League to be their token PoC. He may even be tertiary like he was in Superman: Red Son. I still remember all those times DC would feature John prominently on a cover or a solicit, only for him to be taken out in the first page to serve a Hal Jordan story.

Let's wait before getting too excited. We'll likely get more details three months from now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think it's too early to get our hopes up at this point. Let's wait for more details. All we have at this point is a picture of John on the sleeve of a DVD. For all we know, he could be a secondary character here who just happens to be on the Tomorrowverse Justice League to be their token PoC. He may even be tertiary like he was in Superman: Red Son. I still remember all those times DC would feature John prominently on a cover or a solicit, only for him to be taken out in the first page to serve a Hal Jordan story.
    Well the Tomorrowverse sleeves don't always feature the "main" characters (Wonder Woman and Aquaman are on it for JSA WWII for instance even though Flash was kind of the POV character), but the fact that there is actually a GL movie coming out implies he won't be tertiary since it'll probably introduce him and maybe some other GL's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well the Tomorrowverse sleeves don't always feature the "main" characters (Wonder Woman and Aquaman are on it for JSA WWII for instance even though Flash was kind of the POV character), but the fact that there is actually a GL movie coming out implies he won't be tertiary since it'll probably introduce him and maybe some other GL's.
    Exactly. It could be another Hal Jordan POV film and feature Guy and Kyle more than John a la the Geoff Johns/Peter Tomasi era.

I won't be getting my hopes up at all for this.

Exactly. It could be another Hal Jordan POV film and feature Guy and Kyle more than John a la the Geoff Johns/Peter Tomasi era.

I won't be getting my hopes up at all for this.
    I get why but if you take a look at the broader positioning of John it’s clear he’s the “main” GL once again. He’s in SS: KTJL. He’s got the solo book. The purported GLC movie (if that’s even happening anymore) was said to star him. He’s the GL they used at Fandome. As part of a wider push he’s getting I’d be shocked if they were using anyone but him on the animated movie side.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I get why but if you take a look at the broader positioning of John it’s clear he’s the “main” GL once again. He’s in SS: KTJL. He’s got the solo book. The purported GLC movie (if that’s even happening anymore) was said to star him. He’s the GL they used at Fandome. As part of a wider push he’s getting I’d be shocked if they were using anyone but him on the animated movie side.
    Well, more of an ensemble from what I've seen, but...

I think at best it's either a John solo or it's a 2-GL feature.

BANNED

I can understand if the same guys (like Geoff Johns and Dan Didio) are still in power, but since new management came in (like the new GM who has a fondness for John Stewart), John has been pushed like we never seen before. I don't see John being outshined here or worst, being a black best friend, assuming it features other human Green Lanterns. We're starting to see the character almost everywhere now, and not just comics.

I don't expect the upcoming GL tv show to be John centric. That's Geoff Johns baby.

Fingers crossed for John in the upcoming GL movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't expect the upcoming GL tv show to be John centric. That's Geoff Johns baby.

Are you talking about the GL HBO MAX show?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Geoff Johns is also writing the upcoming GL Movie.

BANNED

Isn't WB phasing him out of unproduced projects because of the Ray Fisher stuff?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Isn't WB phasing him out of unproduced projects because of the Ray Fisher stuff?
    I think Johns has been exiled to running Stargirl on the CW, but he's still got his name attached to plenty of projects. His exact role in those projects is anyone's guess.

He could be making big contributions and we won't ever hear about it because they want to avoid any bad press. Hollywood is a strange place

No. He was demoted for JL flopping. Since then he’s pretty much kept his head down and stayed out of the spotlight. Far as we know he’s still involved in various CW shows, and may still be involved in the GL show since that’s a Berlanti production. Berlanti and him are tight so as long as Berlanti keeps making projects, Johns will stay involved. I don’t think that the GLC movie, if that ever gets made, will use Johns however. That will probably get a new script.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/