Page 155 of 177 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2641
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    This scene from GLC #29 reminds me a lot of Mass Effect:

Biotic powers would be a cool basis for live-action GL abilities.
    I would love to see John Stewart take some stuff from John Shepard. Hell Mass Effect as a setting in general should definitely be something DC Cosmic draws on for inspiration, particularly the Citadel Council vs. the United Planets
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This scene from GLC #29 reminds me a lot of Mass Effect:

Biotic powers would be a cool basis for live-action GL abilities.
    I miss Iolande.

BANNED

I'm kind of surprised there's so much fanart of just those five heroes but I guess that's because no one can agree on who else should be in the Big Seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised there's so much fanart of just those five heroes but I guess that's because no one can agree on who else should be in the Big Seven.
    Yeah that's one thing that kinda bugs me about the League. It's supposed to be the premier All-Star team but they can never establish a consistent 6 and 7 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Yeah that's one thing that kinda bugs me about the League. It's supposed to be the premier All-Star team but they can never establish a consistent 6 and 7 spot.
    I think, again, part of that is because fans will either expect Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, or Cyborg depending on who you ask and what their experience is.

Even with Flash, people probably have a preferred Flash but you can obscure that with the mask and just imagine it's any Flash you want it to be.

BANNED

It’s actually from the Justice League Heroes game

Toonami and Wizard focused on a Big Five as well:

I think it partially has to do with how iconic their chest logos are.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-06-2021 at 02:42 PM.

It’s actually from the Justice League Heroes game

Toonami and Wizard focused on a Big Five as well:

I think it partially has to do with how iconic their chest logos are.
    And those weren't even the only playable heroes...

I dunno, Aquaman has an A and Martian Manhunter has his X.

This was pretty much the ensemble that we had when Robert Venditti took over after Scott Snyder's Justice League's run. I really hated that Robert Venditti left the book. He treated John Stewart so well.

I'm wondering whether this is what Robert Venditti had drawn the big five inspiration from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This was pretty much the ensemble that we had when Robert Venditti took over after Scott Snyder's Justice League's run. I really hated that Robert Venditti left the book. He treated John Stewart so well.

I'm wondering whether this is what Robert Venditti had drawn the big five inspiration from?
    Maybe-- It's also easier to make sure everyone has a personality and panel-time when you limit yourself to a Five-Man Band.

I think that's why JLU worked well. Even though there was a large number of Leaguers, each episode only featured a handful of them.

In my headcanon, these five sit at the round table, but the League has dozens of other members, both full-time and part-time...

BANNED

And those weren't even the only playable heroes...

I dunno, Aquaman has an A and Martian Manhunter has his X.
    MMH got a logo during the New52 that remains today, but I think his look keeps him back more than M'Gann, who I think is more easily marketable.

Aquaman's logo is at his waist, so using it in silhouette like the "iconic"-style images above would draw attention to his crotch.

Maybe-- It's also easier to make sure everyone has a personality and panel-time when you limit yourself to a Five-Man Band.

I think that's why JLU worked well. Even though there was a large number of Leaguers, each episode only featured a handful of them.

In my headcanon, these five sit at the round table, but the League has dozens of other members, both full-time and part-time...
    JLU had the anthology approach but started out with their own version of the Big Seven. Sometimes it's important to have a core team and five can be limiting to the wider, major, DCU heroes.
    MMH got a logo during the New52 that remains today, but I think his look keeps him back more than M'Gann, who I think is more easily marketable.

Aquaman's logo is at his waist, so using it in silhouette like the "iconic"-style images above would draw attention to his crotch.
    M'Gann has her White Martian baggage that J'onn doesn't.

I mean...it's a belt.

preview from the upcoming Green Lantern courtesy of ChrisCross
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."