Page 17 of 177 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Green Lantern #1

Writer: Geoffrey Thorne
    Artist: Dexter Soy

Solicit:
    "The newly formed United Planets and the Guardians of the Universe hold an intergalactic summit to decide who can best serve and protect the cosmos from danger.

With the majority of Green Lanterns called back to Oa, John Stewart arrives alongside Teen Lantern Keli Quintela, whose powerful gauntlet could be one of the most powerful and unstable weapons in the universe. With the entire landscape of the universe in flux, is this the end of the Green Lantern Corps...or a new beginning?

As the new Green Lantern series progresses, Jo Mullein joins the Corps to find out why the Central Power Battery exploded. Jo and Keli are on the case—are they the World’s Finest Lanterns?? What will this dynamic duo uncover as they investigate!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I wasn't expecting such a Corps-heavy story, figured it would be more singularly John focused, but it's just a solicit and I can't say I'm not intrigued by what's being put forward here. I'm glad to see Jo and Keli being brought into the wider GL fold and the Corps dealing with the United Planets has a lot of compelling storytelling potential. it's kinda wild John is hardly mentioned in the solicit but I'm mainly curious to see what role he's gonna play in all of this.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Would people describe VERONICA MARS as a team show?
    I haven't watched Veronica Mars in years, so I guess my current frame of reference would be the Arrowverse shows .

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I wasn't expecting such a Corps-heavy story, figured it would be more singularly John focused, but it's just a solicit and I can't say I'm not intrigued by what's being put forward here. I'm glad to see Jo and Keli being brought into the wider GL fold and the Corps dealing with the United Planets has a lot of compelling storytelling potential. it's kinda wild John is hardly mentioned in the solicit but I'm mainly curious to see what role he's gonna play in all of this.
    I see what some of guys mean. As I said earlier, I kinda expected it. I just couldn't see every human Green Lantern other than John Stewart being in limbo. The only thing that slightly worries me with having other human Green Lanterns in this book would be whether it takes away the important developments for John, because I certainly don't want other writers to keep using Xanshi as a reference. There needs to be new material and innovative stories specifically for this character to the point where other writers recognize and build on top of it. John having defining moments is a MUST or it would be all for nothing. Hopefully it's the former over the latter. I thought having Teen Lantern here would be interesting, because it could be different from other Green Lantern stories.

Incredible Member

The solicitations are far from what I expected (I think, like most, I thought it was going to be a more John-centric title -which admittedly still can be-), but as I said earlier, I am willing to give it a shot.

Edit: I just noticed Soranik in the cover, and she seems to be a GL again. Any chance she is NOT paired with Kyle again? (for as much as I liked Kyle and Soranik, in my head canon, Kyle is back on Earth with the Titans).
    Last edited by SebastianS; 01-15-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    The solicitations are far from what I expected (I think, like most, I thought it was going to be a more John-centric title -which admittedly still can be-), but as I said earlier, I am willing to give it a shot.
    It's possible that a Green Lantern Corps comic may spin off of Green Lantern so the other lanterns may be in that title, while John stays in Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The art looks beautiful here.

Yesh it really does. I'm worried about the coloring. Wait and see.

IIRC this is the preview for Infinite Frontier. I think this is just a sneak peak on what's going to be shown in Green Lantern #1

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Funny story: As a young kid my parents decided to reward my good behavior with an action figure one day. I ask for DC expecting to get Superman and/or Batman because they were my absolute favorites at the time. They come back to the house with a Green Lantern figure from the larger scale Justice League TAS line.
    Was confused and a little let down at first due to me not showing any interest in GL at the time and them knowing how much I liked Bats and Supes, but later I grew to cherish it as one of my prized childhood toys once I got into GL later on.
    Looking back I know why they got it for me. They wanted me to have a black hero to look up to and pretend to play as and I eternally thank them for that. Funny how things work out in the long run.
    Yes sir!

It's the little actions that build up your imagination like psychic compound interest.

I thank your parents for that because you're here now sharing that memory.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Yes sir!

It's the little actions that build up your imagination like psychic compound interest.

I thank your parents for that because you're here now sharing that memory.
    Fun fact: The first toy I bought for my son -only a few months at that time (he is 1 year and 2 months now) was the 1999 Kyle Rayner Vs Dr Polaris Hasbro set, and I also got him the 1995 Total Justice Kyle Rayner. I too want him to have a mixed-race hero to look up to (he is half Argentinian from my side, and half Estonian, from his mom).

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED