Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issues with the floppies is you are at the MERCY of that comic book store. The store owner decides.

It's not like Target where even if you don't see a copy of Aqualad's book on the shelf (an issue MANY of DC OGNS have with that place)-you can still order it online from them.

With comic book stores you have three types of owners.

Those who won't pick up a title because they honestly believe they can't sell copies. They generally change their tune if there is interest (ie hype or folks asking)

Then you have those who would rather go out of business than sell certain books. Even if you ask for them. Archie Comics are generally a victim of this. As do books starring POC or done by POC. Chuck Dixon complained about this back in the late 80s. He did a book called Strike with the late Tom Lyle (right before both got a hold of Batman and someone named Tim Drake). Store would not sell the book because it starred a black guy.

The final owner is the one who orders X number and that is all he will order. Because those copies will SELL out. Image's Savage Dragon and for a time Spawn was like this. And Milestone and Static were experts on this.

The issue with digital is those numbers FLUX.

Shuri, Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, Cyborg, Riri Williams, Squirrel Girl, Naomi and America Chavez have all on comixology and Amazon Kindle have beaten Batman in sales. MULTIPLE times. At one point Shuri's book beat every single DC Comic title for a good two weeks.

Digital at best tells you SOMEONE is reading them.

Why DC and others rely on floppies is because that store is BUYING the books to sell. Batman gets 100K- Dc does not care if only 50K get bought. They already got their money for the 100K. Look at all these reprints or variants.

How many times have we all walked into a comic book store and saw all 7 printings of a book NOT named Stray Dogs? Don't get me started on Star Wars.

Go on Ebay and search Miles Morales, Boom's Dark Ages. How variants do you see that LOL you could not order on Final Order Cutoff? Going for $100.
    This has been helpful. Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming after this arc is finished, we're not going to have the stories split anymore on the next arc, so that would mean that it's highly possible that there's going to be a single artist. If Redjack sticks around, are we going to have an entirely different artist? Or have either one of the existing artists on the next story arc? Who will it be, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Poor Kyle .

This is hilarious lol. But come on, Kyle should already have more than enough experience by now to not make that kind of mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue with digital is those numbers FLUX.

Shuri, Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, Cyborg, Riri Williams, Squirrel Girl, Naomi and America Chavez have all on comixology and Amazon Kindle have beaten Batman in sales. MULTIPLE times. At one point Shuri's book beat every single DC Comic title for a good two weeks.

Digital at best tells you SOMEONE is reading them.

Why DC and others rely on floppies is because that store is BUYING the books to sell. Batman gets 100K- Dc does not care if only 50K get bought. They already got their money for the 100K. Look at all these reprints or variants.
    digital is mostly direct buy, while stores are more speculative and the store often won't sell the entire quantity they buy. Store buys are far more reliable but.... not all of them actually go to consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Point of clarification.

When one is the SHOWRUNNER- whether called STORY EDITOR in animation or, in my case, SUPERVISING PRODUCER, 100% of what goes on the screen goes through your hands. That is, every script undergoes changes, sometimes small, sometimes very large, and it is the STORY EDITOR/SUPERVISING PRODUCER/SHOWRUNNER who makes those changes, according to what they deem is most effective for the episode or the series. It is also that person who decides which stories get bought and made. Every script. Every word.

Dwayne McDuffie's participation has never been overstated. If anything, due to his basic humility, his influence has been understated, repeatedly.
    I stand corrected. Thank you the for the clarification.

I loved that Supergirl run so much lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I buy single issue digital comics exclusively. I'm not driving 30 mins + one way for a comic when i derive the same level of enjoyment reading digitally. I view trades differently though. I enjoy viewing trades on my book shelf.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I buy single issue digital comics exclusively. I'm not driving 30 mins + one way for a comic when i derive the same level of enjoyment reading digitally. I view trades differently though. I enjoy viewing trades on my book shelf.
    This is exactly my views as well.

cover image

variant cover image

As the dust settles after the battle with the Anti-Guardian, John Stewart, Jo Mullein, and the rest of the Corps pick up the pieces and adjust to their new status quo. The day might be saved, but there’s still plenty of work to be done. Everything you know about Green Lanterns is about to change!
    So it looks like this is the last story arc. I would admit that this story arc has been extremely long. If there was multiple Green Lantern books, I'm sure this would've been a crossover.

With that said, I'm wondering whether John's new status quo is going to include him not just being a leader, but being a new guardian again for the Green Lantern Corps.

I also see that it appears that Arisia is on the first cover. Does that mean that she's alive?
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 12-17-2021 at 09:27 AM.

GREEN LANTERN #12
    Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    Art by TOM RANEY and MARCO SANTUCCI
    Cover by BERNARD CHANG
    Variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/1/22
    As the dust settles after the battle with the Anti-Guardian, John Stewart, Jo Mullein, and the rest of the Corps pick up the pieces and adjust to their new status quo. The day might be saved, but there's still plenty of work to be done. Everything you know about Green Lanterns is about to change!
    Power Ring is also showing up in The War For Earth-3 #1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    John seems bemused .