Page 3 of 177 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

It would also be nice for John Stewart to make some guest appearances in other books. This can boost his profile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It would also be nice for John Stewart to make some guest appearances in other books. This can boost his profile.
    Very true-- It's a great way to draw people to the Green Lantern title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    The preview looks good! It's the kind of sci-fi adventure I'm looking for in Future State. I wonder who is this Kenz character? She may even make an appearance in the Green Lantern title as well.

I'm super excited when I get this issue through the mail.
    Good catch. I didn't consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

I can't wait for this! I love that Thorne isn't going the easy route of showing us John as a competent leader and field commander. He's not barking orders like a pokemon trainer, nor is he away from the action "coming up with a plan" (which often just feels like roundabout writer clairvoyence). He's in the mix, fighting, communicating and leading the fomation in a way where we can actually see the teamwork and coordination coherently in the action scene; I'm already engaged! if the rest of the story is as thoughtful and well-crafted as this opening, then i think we could have a real contender for John's landmark story.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-04-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Not reading the dialogue since previews only add to my impatience, but the art looks great! Can’t wait for Tues!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not reading the dialogue since previews only add to my impatience, but the art looks great! Can’t wait for Tues!
    ngl, I might be in the minority, but I'm kinda hoping John just Green Lantern-ify this look as his new default going forward? like, I always dug this design he's got going on in Future State but, the more I see it, the more I'm warming to the idea that it could work as a standard design for John. except for maybe the pants, being normal textured pants, the design wouldn't be too hard to make a GL uniform from.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ngl, I might be in the minority, but I'm kinda hoping John just Green Lantern-ify this look as his new default going forward? like, I always dug this design he's got going on in Future State but, the more I see it, the more I'm warming to the idea that it could work as a standard design for John. except for maybe the pants, being normal textured pants, the design wouldn't be too hard to make a GL uniform from.
    It's fine as a one-off, but I'm not interested in something that deviates that far from John's look. He's an established character with distinct, recognizable qualities, and civilian-like elements on superhero costumes don't usually work well in my opinion. I don't want John to be Luke Cage or Guy Gardner. I want a guy who looks like a classic superhero, not like Blade. The form-fitting look is classic design, and people who like John from outside media can find him similarly depicted in book form.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-04-2021 at 02:45 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

I definitely would like to see him keep the haircut. Wouldn’t mind a redesign of his GL look but this specific costume feels too casual for John as a GL imo. Like this look is meant to convey that he’s down on his luck and pushed to his limits, least that’s the vibe I’m getting.

I can't wait for this! I love that Thorne isn't going the easy route of showing us John as a competent leader and field commander. He's not barking orders like a pokemon trainers, nor is he away from the action "coming up with a plan" (which often just feels like roundabout writer clairvoyence). He's in the mix, fighting, communicating and leading the fomation in a way where we can actually see the teamwork and coordination coherently in the action scene; I'm already engaged! if the rest of the story is as thoughtful and well-crafted like this opening, then i think we could have a real contender for John's landmark story.
    Yea, I agree. The previews looks very promising so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I definitely would like to see him keep the haircut. Wouldn’t mind a redesign of his GL look but this specific costume feels too casual for John as a GL imo. Like this look is meant to convey that he’s down on his luck and pushed to his limits, least that’s the vibe I’m getting.
    I think the main intentions for the writer was to have John distance himself away from Green Lantern as far as possible, which is why the costume is so different and unexpected.

John seems to be in a new intergalactic group. I wonder did he create this group or whether it's an existing group he chose to join in.

BANNED

BANNED