Page 40 of 177 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    For Leviathan, I believe the former Manhunter Mark Shaw served as their leader. (I haven't read the story)

Mark has been written as someone who took over the Manhunter mantle from a hero (and served as a hero himself for a while), but he's also been written as a xenophobic villain--something that contrasts with the ethos of the Green Lantern Corps. The Manhunters Mark has followed the tradition of are people who use the same tech as the Manhunters we know from the GL franchise.

There may be a Manhunter (perhaps Mark) who becomes like Master Mold or a "God from the Machine," so to speak.

I also couldn't ignore a godly character literally named Redjack who feeds on emotional turmoil.

John faced his inner "Red" in Mosaic, there's the Red associated with Animal Man and Vixen, the Darkstars wear Red... But the red here seems to be linked to the GLC logo, so I think it has something to do with the Manhunters or Guardians.

lol. red jack. deep cut. also...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol. red jack. deep cut. also...

Alright, I'm taking my bags and going home

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I went back and looked, John was wearing gloves the entire time we would have never seen the ring.
    Ah ok cool, so we didn't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    By TeShawn Dwyer for a Black History Month collage.

I love the color and artwork. Looks good!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Got a question for you guys.

What are greatest contributions of each respective John Stewart creative team?

Got to say I honestly really liked issue 2 of Future State: Green Lantern, John still comes off as very resourceful in the face of an overwhelming threat. Plus once we learned who the god in red was it turn out to be a pretty awesome and unexpected cameo and we got to see a pretty darn cool ending moment out of it.

Also slight spoiler, not John related but I want to talk about it as it was in the John Stewart story.

spoilers:
    Okay not going to lie, the guy wearing a dead green lantern as armor is kind of messed up, interesting story wise but messed up to think about.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

i briefly figured out who the God in Red was last month but I thought it was too far fetched! smh This was a great John story. this definitely was John at his most badass in years. while not my favorite Future State story, it's definitely up there in the top 5 or 10 on first impression; gonna reread the story as a whole to get a better rating. I maybe have missed it but I don't think we ever find out how or why the battery went down. I would've liked to find that out. otherwise, 100% hyped for Redjack's Green Lantern! I'm excited to see what he does with John in present day!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-09-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I loved the God in Red twist in today’s issue and how John showcased his brains and his brawn. Definitely interested in seeing whether or not this future comes to pass in Redjack’s GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Got to say I honestly really liked issue 2 of Future State: Green Lantern, John still comes off as very resourceful in the face of an overwhelming threat. Plus once we learned who the god in red was it turn out to be a pretty awesome and unexpected cameo and we got to see a pretty darn cool ending moment out of it.

Also slight spoiler, not John related but I want to talk about it as it was in the John Stewart story.

spoilers:
    Okay not going to lie, the guy wearing a dead green lantern as armor is kind of messed up, interesting story wise but messed up to think about.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that was pretty messed up lol, but definitely fit with the post apocalyptic tone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

it's nice hearing the reviews so far. I'm going to buy it digitally today after work.

I'm going to also purchase the paperback this week, but they come so late in the mail these days.

Justice League: Last Ride

Eisner award-winning writer Chip Zdarsky, all-star artist Miguel Mendonça and colorist Enrica Eren Angiolini attempt to fix a broken Justice League in time to stave off the universe’s final hours in Justice League: Last Ride, a new Digital First limited series from DC.

Once, the Justice League was the most powerful collection of superheroes in the universe. But an unthinkable tragedy within its ranks has caused Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to go their separate ways, leaving the League broken and disbanded under a veil of anger and mistrust. Now, against the backdrop of the universe’s greatest murder trial, can the League reconcile the past before they’re eradicated by the greatest villains in the cosmos?

Featuring a main cover by Darick Robertson and card stock variant by series artist Mendonça, Justice League: Last Ride uncovers the shocking truth behind the League’s greatest failure and their ability to rise above to protect the universe one final time. This limited series will be available as sixteen weekly digital chapters, followed by eight monthly print issues. The first digital chapter debuts on participating digital platforms on Wednesday, April 14, 2021, with the print issue launching in comic book stores on Tuesday, May 11. 2021. Each 10-page digital chapter sells for $.99 and each 32-page monthly print issue sells for $3.99, with the print card stock variant available for $4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Got a question for you guys.

What are greatest contributions of each respective John Stewart creative team?
    This is a good question!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    it's nice hearing the reviews so far. I'm going to buy it digitally today after work.

I'm going to also purchase the paperback this week, but they come so late in the mail these days.

Zdarsky and Mendonca is an instant buy.

I’m hoping Zdarsky will do more with John than Snyder did, both cited the DCAU JL as the basis for their JL stories, but John didn’t really get much play in Snyder’s. Looking forward to this regardless.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

SecretWarrior is going to be happy about the amount of characters in this image .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m hoping Zdarsky will do more with John than Snyder did, both cited the DCAU JL as the basis for their JL stories, but John didn’t really get much play in Snyder’s. Looking forward to this regardless.
    I hope he doesn't try to force any Barry/John stuff like Snyder did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    SecretWarrior is going to be happy about the amount of characters in this image .
    Hey, I did not come to this thread to be called out like this, haha

Yeah, I like the roster and creative team as well, and I'm really looking forward to this.