Page 45 of 177 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Newsarama has an article about it as well. So it does look like it Mosaic must've been taken off. I don't have any problems with that, which is understandable. With that said, at least you don't have to worry about a certain poster (who's not a John Stewart fan, but a fan of another lantern) having excuses to discourage John fans on this thread from purchasing the book, which is good

Quoted from Newsarama

Interesting, so that would mean these writers and voice actors are going to write an essay about their personal views about John Stewart? Or does that mean something else?
    Yes, it sounds like they'll write essays like the forwards you see in collected editions. Maybe each one will give context to a different entry?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Most likely essays. Not sure what one of those guys will say since he had access to John for a long time and did little with him.

I wish they would have asked Mrs. McDuffie-I know she is not Dwayne but who knows maybe they talked about him.
    To tell you the truth, of all of those guys involved, I'm most curious to what THAT person will say, given he had nearly a decade to do something with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yes, it sounds like they'll write essays like the forwards you see in collected editions. Maybe each one will give context to a different entry?
    It probably would be their different perspectives of the character, which would be good.

BANNED

Maybe he'll just throw Didio and Tomasi under the bus as if he had no say, lol.

Maybe he'll just throw Didio and Tomasi under the bus as if he had no say, lol.
    haha yea, I can actually imagine him saying something like that if he was asked about his handling of John Stewart.

BANNED

haha yea, I can actually imagine him saying something like that if he was asked about his handling of John Stewart.
    What I'm actually guessing he'll say is that both he and John are from Detroit and that John was the first GL he read. He'll probably talk about how John is a cultural touchstone since he can't really cite much of his own work besides a one-off Blackest Night issue in a run around a decade long.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

They pulled the Mosaic issue? Damnit. That is easily one of the best John vs. Hal issues ever made.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They pulled the Mosaic issue? Damnit. That is easily one of the best John vs. Hal issues ever made.
    Would they be able to sidestep the legal obligation to Jones by donating all royalties he'd receive to a charity organization that benefits victims of abuse or something? There has to be some legal way around paying him.

BANNED

it's nice hearing the reviews so far. I'm going to buy it digitally today after work.

I'm going to also purchase the paperback this week, but they come so late in the mail these days.

Justice League: Last Ride

Eisner award-winning writer Chip Zdarsky, all-star artist Miguel Mendonça and colorist Enrica Eren Angiolini attempt to fix a broken Justice League in time to stave off the universe’s final hours in Justice League: Last Ride, a new Digital First limited series from DC.

Once, the Justice League was the most powerful collection of superheroes in the universe. But an unthinkable tragedy within its ranks has caused Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to go their separate ways, leaving the League broken and disbanded under a veil of anger and mistrust. Now, against the backdrop of the universe’s greatest murder trial, can the League reconcile the past before they’re eradicated by the greatest villains in the cosmos?

Featuring a main cover by Darick Robertson and card stock variant by series artist Mendonça, Justice League: Last Ride uncovers the shocking truth behind the League’s greatest failure and their ability to rise above to protect the universe one final time. This limited series will be available as sixteen weekly digital chapters, followed by eight monthly print issues. The first digital chapter debuts on participating digital platforms on Wednesday, April 14, 2021, with the print issue launching in comic book stores on Tuesday, May 11. 2021. Each 10-page digital chapter sells for $.99 and each 32-page monthly print issue sells for $3.99, with the print card stock variant available for $4.99.
    Just want to reiterate how much I'm looking forward to this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Would they be able to sidestep the legal obligation to Jones by donating all royalties he'd receive to a charity organization that benefits victims of abuse or something? There has to be some legal way around paying him.
    If Jones offered to donate all royalties, yes, but I don’t think it would be legal otherwise. That would be a legal and ethical minefield DC’s lawyers will likely not want to step into so a bunch of nerds can get a single issue of an old comic published in an anthology meant to honor their most powerful black superhero.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

If Jones offered to donate all royalties, yes, but I don’t think it would be legal otherwise. That would be a legal and ethical minefield DC’s lawyers will likely not want to step into so a bunch of nerds can get a single issue of an old comic published in an anthology meant to honor their most powerful black superhero.
    I feel there's some loophole they can abuse but that's more to do with my belief that the American Justice system has a price tag on it more so than misunderstanding written law.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jones is probably already getting something-folks forget he had a role in the Reign of Supermen. Do we not have trades including a new release in 2019 and a movie about that?

Along with his other creations like Boodika-who was in Green Lantern movie and Justice League Action and Batman Brave & Bold.

So he is getting something already.

Funny when it's Hal or Superman-that can get over looked for their stuff. Same with Ethan. Yet with John it seems it needs to be removed.

It's even a bigger indictment those are the best John stories you can get? Not for $40. I could come up with better stuff than some of those issues. Heck they could have just did a John Stewart year OGN with his first appearance, him meeting his wife, her death, Justice League adventures issue with Charlie, some new art and those essays.

If Jones is the issue-why not have Cully Hammer and a DIFFERENT writer do a new version of that story? Have it done from the view point of someone else who was there.

I'm not surprised to be honest. I've seen some others making a big deal about why is he in the list. Even on DC Comics website, he's no longer in the list. So it's really confirmed. I'm glad that DC put John Stewart in the headlines on Twitter and DC Comics website though.

Just want to reiterate how much I'm looking forward to this.
    Same here! I'm super excited for this creative team.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

GREEN LANTERN #2
    written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by DEXTER SOY and MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    card stock variant cover by BRYAN HITCH

ON SALE 5/4/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US

A Guardian of the Universe lies dead, and the universe teeters on the brink of war. As the summit of the United Planets and the Green Lantern Corps falls into chaos, an even bigger threat looms. With John Stewart reassigned to the role of an ambassador, a surprise appearance by one of the newest Green Lanterns may be all that stands between the Corps and oblivion. (Spoiler: it's Far Sector's Jo Mullein.)