Page 47 of 177 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Is that eagle armor Diana between John and Guy?
    Either that or a Thanagarian. But it’s just a cover, those lie all the time. They’re just there to look cool and get you to impulse buy. Looking forward to John trying his hand at diplomacy, I’m sure he’ll love that
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Either that or a Thanagarian. But it’s just a cover, those lie all the time. They’re just there to look cool and get you to impulse buy. Looking forward to John trying his hand at diplomacy, I’m sure he’ll love that
    Yeah, WW leads with diplomacy, but, given the nature of the medium, that never works out.

Tom Strong pulled it off with cosmic deities a few times though.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 02-12-2021 at 06:34 PM.

He did broker peace between the GL's and the Sinestro Corps....until Kyle screwed it up, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John as an ambassador is exactly the kind of development I was looking for. He's the master builder, let's see him build connections between cultures again.
    Same here! John always seemed like a responsible person, who's not scared to get his hands dirty. Whenever I always think about the instance where John took off the gloves back in the 90's, I always thought that was great symbolism of his fearlessness.

If there was a retelling of a John origin story, I would love to see something like this gets brought up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Redjack said in the other thread that it's a new character. So it seems like we'll see more of the character in this series. It does look like a Thanagarian. I never seen a Thanagarian with a ring before. That would be interesting to see if true.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He did broker peace between the GL's and the Sinestro Corps....until Kyle screwed it up, if I remember right.
    I don't have the issues right in front of me, but it wasn't really Kyle's fault. The GL and the Sinestro Corps were attacked by a guy from the future. He died in battle, and afterward, it turned out he was the future son of Kyle and Sora. Kyle knew this but kept it from Sora, and when she found out, she furiously broke the alliance between the two forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i STRONGLY urge everyone not to take the covers literally regarding story points and who does or does not appear in the actual story. They're awesome but artists have license to flex (and we love that).
    Damn. Btw, seems like Infinite Frontier has a lot of blunders with the cover information. On that cover it says "issue 1" even though it's issue 2. Not that I care, but it does kinda get one thinking about if this also has implications on editorial directiona. Hope you have the best time possible writinf these books, although I'm sure it will come with some tension at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I don't have the issues right in front of me, but it wasn't really Kyle's fault. The GL and the Sinestro Corps were attacked by a guy from the future. He died in battle, and afterward, it turned out he was the future son of Kyle and Sora. Kyle knew this but kept it from Sora, and when she found out, she furiously broke the alliance between the two forces.
    That still sounds like Kyle's fault .

That was bad writing for Soranik though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That still sounds like Kyle's fault .

That was bad writing for Soranik though.
    What series was this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    What series was this from?
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It's a bit early but happy Valentine's day!

Extraordinary Member

My all-time favorite DC pairing.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-13-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My all-time favorite DC pairing.

I wouldn't mind seeing a John Stewart origin story with Katma being featured. I think it would be a good idea, especially for new John Stewart readers to understand John's past love interest.