Page 49 of 177 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kevin Maguire:

Jamal Campbell:

I think Campbell now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The DC Essentials artwork looks good! It's nice to see John making the cover for the first time. John Stewart is looking at Mr. Miracle. I wonder what a John Stewart Mr. Mircale team up would be like?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I thought Redjack's interview was interesting:

If that sounds like a highlight reel of DC space concepts, well, just wait, Thorne says. “This is going to be an outward facing Green Lantern book,” he says. “One of the things I think DC liked about my pitch when this was just a John Stewart pitch is, I really wanted to get a grapple on what cosmic DC is.” And in fact, it’s easy to see in hindsight how Future State: Green Lantern started to knit together disparate pieces of DC’s most sci-fi concepts – the Corps, the Khunds marauding across the galaxy, a Digby from Imsk.
    It’s not a coincidence that this comes on the heels of the establishment of the United Planets in Superman. This is intentional, says Thorne – with an intergalactic governance structure crystallizing, it makes sense to take a fresh look at intergalactic policing as well. “The Green Lanterns will have a slightly modified role in the galaxy at large coming out of Green Lantern 1 and 2, which has nothing to do with the John Stewart plot, but it’s sort of a ripple effect of what started in Superman,” he tells us. “And there’s other things in cosmic DC that will get addressed over the course of my Green Lantern run, and that’s part of the fun of it, as you saw in [Future State: Green Lantern] two.”
    I'm not aware on what happened in Superman. But based on this interview we're going to see new changes in the Green Lantern mythology that we haven't seen before. We already know that John is playing an ambassador role. I'm curious on what kind of roles the other lanterns are going to play when it comes to intergalactic policing. I don't think Teen Lantern is going to be part of the corps, but I think she's going to have some kind of important role here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love this art!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I thought Redjack's interview was interesting:

I'm not aware on what happened in Superman. But based on this interview we're going to see new changes in the Green Lantern mythology that we haven't seen before. We already know that John is playing an ambassador role. I'm curious on what kind of roles the other lanterns are going to play when it comes to intergalactic policing. I don't think Teen Lantern is going to be part of the corps, but I think she's going to have some kind of important role here as well.
    Got a link to the interview? Sounds fascinating. DC seems to be making a push to flesh out their cosmic space which makes me happy. It’s always felt underserved compared to Marvel Cosmic.

Bendis had Superman form the United Planets to basically start getting all the different races co-operating with one another. I’m glad Redjack is using that.

I wonder if we’ll get any info on how GL jurisdiction actually works. Can a planet choose whether or not to allow the GLs to police their “zone” or do the Guardians just muscle their way in? There’s never really been much exploration of how the GLs “work” beyond the Guardians deciding they wanted to police the cosmos, failed with the Manhunters, and then the GLC as formed and everyone pretty much just accepted them as the law. If the upcoming story is going to be taking a look at how the GLs work, I hope that’s a topic that does get explored.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Yes, this is how comics that have a shared universe works. Concepts that may start in one title bleeds into others, with writers putting their own unique perspective upon them.

One of the main problems with the Green Lantern book was how isolated it felt. I am definitely onboard with RJ expanding the cosmic DC universe, and giving a new twist on how the GLC fits into it.

For me, if I want an isolated DC book, I'll enjoy the Legion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I prefer John to Hal so i must be a racist.

I'm using Simon, Keli and Jo so I must be a racist.

I must know nothing of the Green Lantern lore because I'm an "outsider."

I must have an agenda to tear down what has come before because I'm not interested in rehashing stories that have been told already.

and so on.

all of which is horse shit.

just imagine how this would be going if somebody hadn't done a hit piece on me over a non-existent issue.

but I know something they don't.

I know the story

and i'm seeing the art.

We'll all be fine.
    I think it is a totally revolutionary to see so many BIPOC in a science fiction setting.

I had to smdh at the cast for the Guardians of the Galaxy book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got a link to the interview? Sounds fascinating. DC seems to be making a push to flesh out their cosmic space which makes me happy. It’s always felt underserved compared to Marvel Cosmic.
    Yea, you can read the interview here

Bendis had Superman form the United Planets to basically start getting all the different races co-operating with one another. I’m glad Redjack is using that.

I wonder if we’ll get any info on how GL jurisdiction actually works. Can a planet choose whether or not to allow the GLs to police their “zone” or do the Guardians just muscle their way in? There’s never really been much exploration of how the GLs “work” beyond the Guardians deciding they wanted to police the cosmos, failed with the Manhunters, and then the GLC as formed and everyone pretty much just accepted them as the law. If the upcoming story is going to be taking a look at how the GLs work, I hope that’s a topic that does get explored.
    Ah, so this really did existed under Bendis' run. That's interesting.

During the Geoff Johns era, there were a restriction to where a Green Lantern was allowed to travel to, then we had Alpha Lanterns, then the Corpse, and Honor Guard. These were interesting elements to the mythos, but you don't hear much about some of them anymore. If the Green Lantern mythos is expanding to a deeper cosmic structure on how policing the universe works, I think this would be an excellent move. And I agree that Marvel always seems to excel when it comes to the Cosmic. Here's hoping that the new concepts and elements that are introduced in DC, it'll be nearly as strong as Marvel's cosmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, this is how comics that have a shared universe works. Concepts that may start in one title bleeds into others, with writers putting their own unique perspective upon them.

One of the main problems with the Green Lantern book was how isolated it felt. I am definitely onboard with RJ expanding the cosmic DC universe, and giving a new twist on how the GLC fits into it.

For me, if I want an isolated DC book, I'll enjoy the Legion.
    Same here! Green Lantern does have a lot of potential to build upon the cosmic side of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Jamal Campbell:

I think Campbell now too.
    I like the yellow bat symbol but Batman looks like he is wearing stockings or thigh-highs.

BANNED

Linking the Green Lantern Corps to the United Planets would be a genius stroke IMO.

When you think about it, which laws are the Green Lanterns enforcing? Who decides those laws? Are those laws acceptable to such diverse cultures if they don't have a say in them?

Maybe one of the reasons we got so many war of light stories is because the policing aspect hasn't been fleshed out properly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Linking the Green Lantern Corps to the United Planets would be a genius stroke IMO.

When you think about it, which laws are the Green Lanterns enforcing? Who decides those laws? Are those laws acceptable to such diverse cultures if they don't have a say in them?

Maybe one of the reasons we got so many war of light stories is because the policing aspect hasn't been fleshed out properly.
    It's going to be an interesting take. Makes me even more interested in this series.

I'm looking forward to this: