Page 52 of 177 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know if this is correct but I thought John was Venditti’s favorite GL because of the DCAU. No clue if I’m remembering that right or not. I liked the way he wrote John in JL, and I thought his John was fine if bland in Hal N Pals.
    He definitely seemed more preferential towards John than he was to Hal during his original run on the books.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Guy was Venditti's favorite according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Guy was Venditti's favorite according to him.
    lol are you sure? I remember he was asked in an interview about his favorite Green Lantern and said there’s no question that Hal is his favorite. This was before Rebirth when he said that. I can imagine him probably saying that Guy is the character he enjoys writing the most but not him being his favorite lantern all around. I could be wrong though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    lol are you sure? I remember he was asked in an interview about his favorite Green Lantern and said there’s no question that Hal is his favorite. This was before Rebirth when he said that. I can imagine him probably saying that Guy is the character he enjoys writing the most but not him being his favorite lantern all around. I could be wrong though.
    This was from an interview he did when his GL run was wrapping up, so post Rebirth. It's possible that he warmed up to Guy so much while writing him that his favorite changed. Who knows? Either way, he said in that same interview that he went out of his way to make sure that each of the Earth GLs were treated as respectfully as he was able. I think he largely succeeded.

For whatever it's worth, EVS's influence on the book didn't last long. Diane Nelson made sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This was from an interview he did when his GL run was wrapping up, so post Rebirth. It's possible that he warmed up to Guy so much while writing him that his favorite changed. Who knows? Either way, he said in that same interview that he went out of his way to make sure that each of the Earth GLs were treated as respectfully as he was able. I think he largely succeeded.

For whatever it's worth, EVS's influence on the book didn't last long. Diane Nelson made sure of that.
    Ah I see. I haven't read that interview. And yea, he largely succeeded in that regard. He's one of the very few writers who tried to treat the human GLs as equally possible.

EVS did say he was gonna be on the book for a very long time. I guess that didn't last long lol.

The latest episode of Black Lightning had Lynn Stewart mention her family all being in the military, including her brother "John."

makes sense, John Diggle and John Stewart exist as separate characters in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The latest episode of Black Lightning had Lynn Stewart mention her family all being in the military, including her brother "John."
    Is this the first time this ever been revealed on CW? IIRC Lynn Stewart mentioned John being her brother in an animation?

Is this the first time this ever been revealed on CW? IIRC Lynn Stewart mentioned John being her brother in an animation?
    I haven't watched much black Lightning but I think it may have been referenced that Lynn had siblings or a sibling but this is the first I'm hearing of her straightening having a brother named John. If they had revealed actual John Stewart was a thing earlier, I don't think they would've doubled down on winking toward Diggle being John Stewart in the Arrow finale.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I haven't watched much black Lightning but I think it may have been referenced that Lynn had siblings or a sibling but this is the first I'm hearing of her straightening having a brother named John. If they had revealed actual John Stewart was a thing earlier, I don't think they would've doubled down on winking toward Diggle being John Stewart in the Arrow finale.
    Can they co-exist? Because I thought Black Lightning was from a different universe than John Diggle. After the final season of Arrow, I don't know what changes Queen made to alter reality, though.

Can they co-exist? Because I thought Black Lightning was from a different universe than John Diggle. After the final season of Arrow, I don't know what changes Queen made to alter reality, though.
    I'm pretty sure Crisis on Infinite Earths made them all on the same earth now. I mean, short of them backpedaling and saying Diggle is Lynn's brother, I don't see any reason why they couldn't co-exist.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Isn't Diggle supposed to be John Stewart at this point?

Diggle will show up in Superman & Lois so we’ll see if he’s going to be Stewart/a GL there
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm pretty sure Crisis on Infinite Earths made them all on the same earth now. I mean, short of them backpedaling and saying Diggle is Lynn's brother, I don't see any reason why they couldn't co-exist.
    Ah, that's what I thought. I figured after the events of Crisis on Infinites earth that they would be on the same Earth now. I totally forgot about that. If there's a John Stewart in there, then there's no reason for John Diggle to be John Stewart. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't Diggle supposed to be John Stewart at this point?
    That's what I thought. But it seems like it can be more complicated if Lynn Stewart's brother isn't John Diggle.

So I listened to Redjack's podcast and I thought it was good and I'll give in some notes on what he said from the interview about his Green Lantern book:

• There are “cool” story ideas he has for Jessica, so she’ll make an appearance.
    • Hal Jordan will appear in the book “occasionally”. And no, the character isn’t going to be torn down. He said it’s going to be the Hal Jordan everyone recognizes. Hal Jordan and other characters are appearing in the book occasionally, because of editorial management.
    • The Green Lantern book will be mainly about John Stewart.
    • The story in Green Lantern will NOT be about the emotional spectrum or anything related from the Geoff Johns era. No internal conflicts, bunch of different colored lanterns etc. But Emotional Spectrum will pop up, because it’s part of the mythos.
    • He says the book isn’t about Teen Lantern, no matter the press releases that you see, but she has “fun” stuff to do.
    • The book isn't about Jo Mullein either.
    • There’s going to be new characters in the book.

You can listen to the podcast here

thoughts?