Page 62 of 177 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

I'm sure that some conspiracy minded people are going to connect this to Fisher and build some "does Johns hate black people?" case.

Alright, haven’t watched all of this but thought I’d share.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Right now the Snyder Cut is a dead end, so it’s not a bad thing that Snyder didn’t get to use him. If anything this should be encouraging, it means WB actually has plans for Stewart and he will assuredly be the main protagonist of the GL movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Alright, haven’t watched all of this but thought I’d share.
    Cool! Thanks. I'm about to watch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Right now the Snyder Cut is a dead end, so it’s not a bad thing that Snyder didn’t get to use him. If anything this should be encouraging, it means WB actually has plans for Stewart and he will assuredly be the main protagonist of the GL movie.
    Good points, but WB saying they have plans for John Stewart isn't really nothing new. But I would admit that them denying John Stewart to be in the movie, because they want to have an announcement specifically for the character may not be a bad thing. So I'm feeling a little better today

Well, in this instance I think the restraint was because they're still in recovery mode with the GL brand as a whole rather than because they have plans for a GL movie.

But I think for now the main GL thing moving forward will be the HBO Max show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, in this instance I think the restraint was because they're still in recovery mode with the GL brand as a whole rather than because they have plans for a GL movie.

I guess it depends on how Green Lantern on HBO Max does. I just don't see it happening on the big screen if the show isn't a success. But who knows. And plus, having plans for the GL movie is way in the distant future. So if their plans to have John has the main protagonist, it's way in the distant future

Considering that the Justice League movie didn't meet expectations, John probably dodged a bullet, especially considering that the GL brand isn't very strong. And it would probably hurt the brand more. Hopefully Green Lantern show on HBO Max would make a difference.

But either way, I would've been SUPER happy to see John making a cameo appearance in there

John not being in that (and Hal too) makes me feel pretty confident that they’re “saving” him for the films. I think the MAX show is meant to rebuild the brand like S&L is doing for Superman, and then the movie will capitalize off that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

John not being in that (and Hal too) makes me feel pretty confident that they’re “saving” him for the films. I think the MAX show is meant to rebuild the brand like S&L is doing for Superman, and then the movie will capitalize off that.
    I've seen rumors that Hal might show up at the season finale of the show. We know Sinestro is in it, so that doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

As for John, I know people don't like it, but I feel like all the upcoming build up they're doing with John Diggle across the Arrowverse (including S&L) is going to lead into a big live-action John Stewart thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Interesting analysis. From what I remember, is that the small snippet of the initial plot of the movie was about the story focusing on John Stewart's origins and how Hal Jordan trains him and the relationship between John Stewart and the Corps. I remembered that coming from Hollywood Deadline back around in 2017. Since Snyder wrapped up Justice League back in 2016 and John was the current Green Lantern supposedly appearing in the Justice League movie, all I can think of is that GLC movie may have had a timeline before the events in the Justice League movie, which the same happened with Wonder Woman as well IIRC.
    I see, you think there could've been a young rookie John in GLC and a more experienced John in JL. I could see that. And yeah, that would makes sense when the prequel/backstory thing did well for Wonder Woman.

I've seen rumors that Hal might show up at the season finale of the show. We know Sinestro is in it, so that doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

As for John, I know people don't like it, but I feel like all the upcoming build up they're doing with John Diggle across the Arrowverse (including S&L) is going to lead into a big live-action John Stewart thing.
    I don’t think so. Berlanti is overseeing the HBO Max GL show, I don’t see him also doing a CW GL show. Plus the budget for that would be way outside of the CW’s means.

I don’t think so. Berlanti is overseeing the HBO Max GL show, I don’t see him also doing a CW GL show. Plus the budget for that would be way outside of the CW’s means.
    I don't think they're actually going to do a show with Diggle as the John Stewart GL, but he'll be out there. I don't think all that build up is going to be to just introduce him and not do anything with him though.

Well looks like John is already in the thick of things.

Green Lantern #3

written by Geoffrey Thorne
    art by Tom Raney AND Marco Santucci
    cover by Bernard Chang
    card stock variant cover by Bryan Hitch
    ON SALE 6/1/2021
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $5.99 US | FC | DC

Stranded in a Dark Sector with no rings and no backup, John Stewart is out of options, his back against the wall. After the Central Power Battery dies, John must live long enough to gather the surviving Green Lanterns and find a way home, while one of the newest Green Lanterns, Far Sector's Jo Mullein navigates a host of unknown dangers on the Green Lanterns’ homeworld of Oa, as she works to uncover the cause of the battery’s collapse and who was behind it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Chang's art is so awesome.

Looks like John is keeping his role as a field leader, while Jo continues to serve as an investigator.

BANNED

Crime Syndicate #4

written by Andy Schmidt
    art by Kieran McKeown, Dexter Vines,
    AND Bryan Hitch
    cover by Howard Porter
    card stock variant cover by
    Khary Randolph
    ON SALE 6/1/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US | FC | DC

The world has been saved by the…Crime Syndicate?! With the Starro invaders vanquished, what’s next for Earth-3’s most notorious saviors? Can loose cannons Emerald Knight, Quick, and Atomica keep their cool? Will Ultraman accept Superwoman and Owlman’s tantalizing offer? And what is Alexander Luthor plotting as all these metahuman menaces run amok?
    Here’s the REAL question of the month: Which heroes will join the LEGION OF JUSTICE?
    In this issue’s backup story, witness the origin of the Emerald Knight, illustrated by superstar artist Bryan Hitch!