Page 65 of 177 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well looks like John is already in the thick of things.

Green Lantern #3

written by Geoffrey Thorne
    art by Tom Raney AND Marco Santucci
    cover by Bernard Chang
    card stock variant cover by Bryan Hitch
    ON SALE 6/1/2021
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $5.99 US | FC | DC

Stranded in a Dark Sector with no rings and no backup, John Stewart is out of options, his back against the wall. After the Central Power Battery dies, John must live long enough to gather the surviving Green Lanterns and find a way home, while one of the newest Green Lanterns, Far Sector's Jo Mullein navigates a host of unknown dangers on the Green Lanterns’ homeworld of Oa, as she works to uncover the cause of the battery’s collapse and who was behind it.
    Think I missed commenting on this but
    1. Fantastic cover
    2. I hope we don’t have to wait too long to see Stewart get his ring back
    3. Glad we’ll be exploring what a “Dark Sector” is (I hope)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping that it doesn't take long to see John Stewart getting his ring working again. I'm also curious on who's the person, who's behind the battery going down. It could be a new villain or an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm hoping that it doesn't take long to see John Stewart getting his ring working again. I'm also curious on who's the person, who's behind the battery going down. It could be a new villain or an existing one.
    I’m guessing it will be a new big bad, probably the long term foe of Redjack’s run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    These designs are kind of all over the place in terms of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Really like Kal & Kara’s. John’s costume seems to be just his regular outfit with Jim Lee lines on it lol.

Hey,guys! Do any of you know the artist is responsible for the art in this thumbnail:

https://youtu.be/2-OpUA8Neb0

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m guessing it will be a new big bad, probably the long term foe of Redjack’s run.
    Yea, he did say something about new villains are going to be in his book.

Zack Snyder talks about almost quitting his job when he was refused to add John Stewart:

Esquire: Along with everyone else, I have a ton of questions about the epilogue too. This was entirely from a new shoot, right?

Snyder: So here's the situation. In that whole sequence, the new is the Batman Joker scene. If this is my last DC movie, I felt it was going to be rude for me to have never gotten Batman and Joker together in a scene. And so I kind of came up with that scene. The last scene with Martian Manhunter, originally, I had shot it in England. And the dialogue was very similar, but it was supposed to be one of the Lanterns.

And then the studio had told me I wasn't allowed to shoot anything. That there would be no film made of any kind. During production, that was a thing they insisted on. And I shot stuff anyway, of course, in my yard. And one of the things I shot was the Green Lantern scene. And then they asked me, when they saw the movie and saw that I put it in there, they'd take it out. And I said that I would quit if they tried to take it out. And I felt bad. The truth is I didn't want the fans to not have a movie, just based on that one stand that I was going to take.

And the Green Lantern was John Stewart. And that was part of it too. I was like, I don't want to take a person of color out of this movie. I'm not going to do it. And, but then, but I felt like having Harry Lennix's Martian Manhunter at the end was, that was okay.
    from esquire

This is really interesting and I don't blame Zack Snyder at all here. You're literally being forced to remove a POC character and one of the most popular DC poc characters of all time. I'm still shocked that Zack Snyder was interested in John Stewart, because guys like Armie Hammer was mentioned in these rumors as playing Hal Jordan. And I think Henry Cavill was teasing him playing as Hal Jordan IIRC.

Wow, it feels good to be a John Stewart fan. I'm glad that guys like Zack Snyder was fighting hard for the John Stewart. I have huge respect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really like Kal & Kara’s. John’s costume seems to be just his regular outfit with Jim Lee lines on it lol.
    I think the Supergirl one is based on her Smallville season 11 costume.

(Although if Diana can wear a skirt, why can't Kara?)
    Zack Snyder talks about almost quitting his job when he was refused to add John Stewart:

from esquire

This is really interesting and I don't blame Zack Snyder at all here. You're literally being forced to remove a POC character and one of the most popular DC poc characters of all time. I'm still shocked that Zack Snyder was interested in John Stewart, because guys like Armie Hammer was mentioned in these rumors as playing Hal Jordan. And I think Henry Cavill was teasing him playing as Hal Jordan IIRC.

Wow, it feels good to be a John Stewart fan. I'm glad that guys like Zack Snyder was fighting hard for the John Stewart. I have huge respect for him.
    What happened to it being Kilowog and Tomar-Re? Or were there going to be all of them there?

three more pics here:

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2021/03/...green-lantern/

check out the full article
    Last edited by Jabare; 03-22-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    The J-man

Hawkgirl is in this issue!!!!!!?

Damn, my heart is beating pretty fast here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

three more pics here:

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2021/03/...green-lantern/

check out the full article
    Thanks for posting this!!

Hawkgirl is in this issue!!!!!!?

Damn, my heart is beating pretty fast here lol
    It was never going to work out here, not when she got back together with her reincarnated husband.

Also is Hal a construct? Like is he video messaging John?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It was never going to work out here, not when she got back together with her reincarnated husband.

Also is Hal a construct? Like is he video messaging John?
    I remembered Redjack saying John will be too busy to be in a relationship or something like that. I don't expect nothing to happen. My expectations are definitely tempered. But never say never

I'm more than sure this has something to probably do with the United Planets, which is why she's appearing.

On issue #2, it showed a hawk in the background, but I don't think that's her. I don't know if that could be a Thanagarian with a Green Lantern ring.