Page 67 of 177 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2641
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Death Metal only rebooted to right before the war, everything that happened in Justice League still happened up to that point. Sheyera is still techincally an untethered reincarnation separate from the cycle, so they are two separate women with shared memories of the same past lives. but considering Venditti "ended" the cycle it's kinda moot for now anyway. just think of them as like spirit twins.
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to negate anything now that we're using Morrison-ian "Everything Happened" continuity, but I don't know where that will leave Kendra and Sheyera, whose plotline, like John's tattoo ring, was completely forgotten in the rush to do whatever it was Scott Snyder was trying to accomplish with his Metal/Justice League/Death Metal storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they're going to negate anything now that we're using Morrison-ian "Everything Happened" continuity, but I don't know where that will leave Kendra and Sheyera, whose plotline, like John's tattoo ring, was completely forgotten in the rush to do whatever it was Scott Snyder was trying to accomplish with his Metal/Justice League/Death Metal storyline.
    well, what Snyder meant with "Everything happens" was everything including the reboots happened but people are just aware now. that makes it so it'll be easier to bring in old stuff while the rules of this continuity are still at play, meaning it doesn't change the post-Flashpoint world we've been in. so Kendra's post-FP story doesn't change, she essentially just remembers pre-Flashpoint/New Earth stuff like dating Roy (in theory).

Kendra's role wasn't really dropped like John's, her role was to be a weapon against Perpetua, which she did but the League's plan failed. Kendra's plotline was about her essentially elevating to a "cosmic raptor" (similar to the one that sealed Perpetua away) like being due to her Nth metal wings from Barbatos providing an affinity for the Totality. other than splitting her soul (thus her two reincarnations), which was done to prevent her from being powerful enough to do real damage to Perpetua's scheme, with Perpetua gone and everything reset to before her final stand that pretty much takes care of that entire plot point. plus with Sheyera in the 40s now, that squares the last wrinkle with the split incarnation.

so yes they are two different women, soul twins, and with her role as a "Cosmic Raptor" fulfilled, the cycle currently lifted, and Sheyera in the past, it pretty much puts any issue with their being two Hawkwomen to bed. unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

EDIT: i think we may be derailing the John thread a little bit. might wanna take this over to a Hawkgirl thread.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-23-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

I'm diggin the constructs in the preview art. That's really an essential element of making the Green Lantern concept work. I think silly constructs (sports gear, hot wheels, etc.) have hurt the franchise in the past, from an outsider's perspective.

BANNED

BANNED

Some concept art has come out for Justice League: Mortal, which would've been Green Lantern's/John's first big screen debut.

Columbus Short turned down the role because he didn't want to do a summer blockbuster, then Common was cast.

BANNED

John concept art from a cancelled 2010 video game:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I'm diggin the constructs in the preview art. That's really an essential element of making the Green Lantern concept work. I think silly constructs (sports gear, hot wheels, etc.) have hurt the franchise in the past, from an outsider's perspective.
    I think there can be room for the silly constructs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I think there can be room for the silly constructs.
    That's fine as long as they're not featured in moments that are supposed to be dramatic/taken seriously, like huge battle set pieces where presumably characters should be able to die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Looks like the reds are working with the Greens in the last panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Definitely excited to see these character dynamics.

John concept art from a cancelled 2010 video game:

Woah what game? Every time I hear about all the cool pitches WB passed on to dump out more Batman I get pissed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Woah what game? Every time I hear about all the cool pitches WB passed on to dump out more Batman I get pissed.
    I think there was a Justice League game being developed to tie-in with the movie being produced? That ended up becoming the GL movie tie-in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was a Justice League game being developed to tie-in with the movie being produced? That ended up becoming the GL movie tie-in game.
    Ah not so big a loss if true thought it was a solo GL game.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Some concept art has come out for Justice League: Mortal, which would've been Green Lantern's/John's first big screen debut.

Columbus Short turned down the role because he didn't want to do a summer blockbuster, then Common was cast.
    The first concept art looks really really good. Whoever done this, has done a good job.