Page 68 of 177 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2641
    BANNED

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'd be fine with Jon and Shayera ever being canon, though thtat's probably not happening her if she is indeed back with Carter.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'd be fine with Jon and Shayera ever being canon, though thtat's probably not happening her if she is indeed back with Carter.
    They've already played with the idea of Hawkgirl having other romantic interests than Hawkman, so playing around with Sheyera & John again isn't necessarily a bad idea as it could add some much needed fire to Hawkman & Hawkgirl's romance, which generally ends up being dull because there's no dramatic tension to two characters who are destined to be together forever and ever. This doesn't mean that I want to see Hawkgirl suddenly dump Hawkman to be with John Stewart, but I think they easily could explore the fact that, unlike the more singularly focused Hawkman, Hawkgirl has been with other men over her millennia of lifetimes.

The whole Egyptian Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot introduced in JLU wouldn't quite work exactly like that in the comics because it paints everyone in a bad light, but I think the idea that John Stewart is the reincarnation of one of Khufu's greatest warrior and best friend, who was also in love with Chay-ara is one worthy of exploring.

I'm all for giving John Stewart new angles to explore within the DCU that aren't simply spinoffs of Hal Jordan stories or Xanshi over and over again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    They've already played with the idea of Hawkgirl having other romantic interests than Hawkman, so playing around with Sheyera & John again isn't necessarily a bad idea as it could add some much needed fire to Hawkman & Hawkgirl's romance, which generally ends up being dull because there's no dramatic tension to two characters who are destined to be together forever and ever. This doesn't mean that I want to see Hawkgirl suddenly dump Hawkman to be with John Stewart, but I think they easily could explore the fact that, unlike the more singularly focused Hawkman, Hawkgirl has been with other men over her millennia of lifetimes.

The whole Egyptian Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot introduced in JLU wouldn't quite work exactly like that in the comics because it paints everyone in a bad light, but I think the idea that John Stewart is the reincarnation of one of Khufu's greatest warrior and best friend, who was also in love with Chay-ara is one worthy of exploring.

I'm all for giving John Stewart new angles to explore within the DCU that aren't simply spinoffs of Hal Jordan stories or Xanshi over and over again.
    Frankly, I find John with Vixen more compelling. John/Shayera had their time.

I don't think I could have said this any better

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    With the John/Vixen relationship, I always think of that scene when John went into the fashion show wearing a nice suit. They look like celebrities lol.

He eventually decided to stay with Vixen and not the future to force him to be with Hawkgirl at the time. There was an interesting love triangle that John had with those two.

yep. me too.

This almost looks like a cover

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Vixen and John, imo, is for sure one of the weakest pairing in comic book history. Vixen was used as a prop to be a romantic foil to Shayera, and the pairing only persists among fans because John and Vixen are the most popular black heroes DC has but are so under utilized that Vixen and John don't have any substantial love interest anymore. honestly, I'd rather the resurrect Katma and remarry them than for John to be with Vixen; and I hate the idea of frivolous resurrections like that.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Definitely an excellent splash page.

I'm such a weeb, I'm loving seeing John shoot out a blast of will like a DBZ character far more than I should.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Sold.

Look how easy it is to get things "right" when it comes to capes.

Treat the character with respect.

Show them performing feats.

That's it.

You'll get my money if i support the character.

Add in excellent writing and i'll be opening my wallet for life.
    Don't complain. Create.

I’m looking through Marco Santucci’s Instagram and if all this GL stuff is for Redjack’s run, I think there will be a lot of interesting elements in play. I like his artwork, excited to see him on the main book. Wish I could post some of his artwork but Instagram doesn’t let you copy images, so here’s his account if any of you want to go take a look: https://instagram.com/marcosantuccia...d=qxpno8ps7rj3
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Sold.

Look how easy it is to get things "right" when it comes to capes.

Treat the character with respect.

Show them performing feats.

That's it.

You'll get my money if i support the character.

Add in excellent writing and i'll be opening my wallet for life.
    That's EXACTLY how I feel. Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m looking through Marco Santucci’s Instagram and if all this GL stuff is for Redjack’s run, I think there will be a lot of interesting elements in play. I like his artwork, excited to see him on the main book. Wish I could post some of his artwork but Instagram doesn’t let you copy images, so here’s his account if any of you want to go take a look: https://instagram.com/marcosantuccia...d=qxpno8ps7rj3
    Having him is another real treat among fans and readers. I posted some of his beautiful art some pages back on this thread. He's going to be doing art for this arc. Based off of what I heard from what Redjack said in his interview on what to expect from this arc, that artwork is definitely going to be in the pages of Green Lantern, no question.

Redjack definitely got some talented artists on this book.