Page 70 of 177 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sure would be nice to get a GL animated movie that starred John, but they’d have to come up with the script from scratch pretty much. Just reminded me again that we really need to get a “GL: Year One” with John. That title is available since Hal uses “Secret Origin” and nobody is touching the Johns origin for Hal.
    Well Hal does have a Green Lantern: Year One book, though. There's two volumes.

There's All-Star comic books such as All-Star Batman, All-Star Superman, and All-Star Batman and Robin. There never has been an All-Star Green Lantern book before that was released. Brian Azzarello was working on an All-Star Green Lantern book starring John Stewart, but it was unreleased. I think John would be a good fit in that.

BANNED

There are other titles you could use. Superman: Birthright wasn't tied to any line.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think you mean Green Lantern: Earth One.

There's never been a GL: Year One, to my knowledge.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

By the way, did anyone here like John's appearance in GL: Earth One vol. 2?

I thought he came off as a bit bland for my tastes. I like my John Stewart with a bit more fire in his belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I like my John Stewart with a bit more fire in his belly.
    yep. me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think you mean Green Lantern: Earth One.

There's never been a GL: Year One, to my knowledge.
    you're so right lol. I got mixed up. I was thinking about Earth One. Yea, there's never been a GL: Year One. That would be a good place for John as well.

Looks great!

Here's a recent interview by Redjack from DenOfGeek

This interview was pretty good. He noted that Teen Lantern is fun to write. It's gonna be interesting to see how mixing a teen with powerful gauntlet would fit in the Green Lantern mythos.

Both Dexter Soy and Marco Santucci are doing the art in the same issue. It's a huge treat to have these talents working on this book.

Redjack also hinted that there's big things coming into the cosmic realm of DC, so we'll probably see some hints in the book.

It's nice to see more cosmic concepts are going to be introduced and expanded upon. It brings more curiosity on how the concepts, such as how the United Planets are gonna affect the Green Lantern mythos. I'm glad that the editorial management is allowing the writer to have more freedom in this regard

There's All-Star comic books such as All-Star Batman, All-Star Superman, and All-Star Batman and Robin. There never has been an All-Star Green Lantern book before that was released. Brian Azzarello was working on an All-Star Green Lantern book starring John Stewart, but it was unreleased. I think John would be a good fit in that.
    I was wondering how there were two GL Year One volumes that I never heard about, but I see you meant Earth One. Year One is still available, but you do raise an interesting idea with All-Star. Didn’t know Azz was going to do an ASGL book starring John, probably for the best that he didn’t, he’s not someone I think would do a good job with John. But the idea of an All Star GL book starring John is actually really intriguing.

Origin stories are popular entry points to a character, but so are ending stories paradoxically. Dark Knight Returns. All-Star Superman. John doesn’t have one of those either. Hal has Secret Origin and Johns final volume “The End” does give Hal an “ending” even if the nature of ongoings means it will never be the “canon” ending. It would be cool to see someone also try to write a John Stewart ending story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I was wondering how there were two GL Year One volumes that I never heard about, but I see you meant Earth One. Year One is still available, but you do raise an interesting idea with All-Star. Didn’t know Azz was going to do an ASGL book starring John, probably for the best that he didn’t, he’s not someone I think would do a good job with John. But the idea of an All Star GL book starring John is actually really intriguing.

Origin stories are popular entry points to a character, but so are ending stories paradoxically. Dark Knight Returns. All-Star Superman. John doesn’t have one of those either. Hal has Secret Origin and Johns final volume “The End” does give Hal an “ending” even if the nature of ongoings means it will never be the “canon” ending. It would be cool to see someone also try to write a John Stewart ending story.
    Agreed, but even the best ending stories remained open ended: All Star Superman & The Dark Knight Returns

Extraordinary Member

This interview was pretty good. He noted that Teen Lantern is fun to write. It's gonna be interesting to see how mixing a teen with powerful gauntlet would fit in the Green Lantern mythos.

Both Dexter Soy and Marco Santucci are doing the art in the same issue. It's a huge treat to have these talents working on this book.

Redjack also hinted that there's big things coming into the cosmic realm of DC, so we'll probably see some hints in the book.

It's nice to see more cosmic concepts are going to be introduced and expanded upon. It brings more curiosity on how the concepts, such as how the United Planets are gonna affect the Green Lantern mythos. I'm glad that the editorial management is allowing the writer to have more freedom in this regard
    Great interview. GL should set the table for cosmic DC.

Wonder if there will be any connection to what’s going on in the Superbooks? The United Planets are being used here, so Redjack is nodding his head to that corner, and PKJ is going to take Supes in a cosmic direction. There’s also a “event” coming in September that the Superman books will be at the core of, wonder if GL will tie into that?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He adds, “But with the Green Lantern concept, one of the things that often bugged me is the people writing the books are either generally not science fiction writers and almost certainly not scientists. So the concept of 3,600 sectors that can be broken up into the universe, with 7,200 Green Lanterns out to ‘patrol’ these sectors, even with the magic rings, it’s ludicrous.”
    Hah, knew I wasn’t the only one who had a problem with that. The interview was a good read: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/30/gr...umpy-ride-q-a/

Only point I’m iffy on is lots of GLs dying. Guessing it’s for the purpose of forcing the GLC to evolve, but the GLs have just been slaughtered so often it’s sort of lost its impact. But the rest I am excited for!

That's a good point. We hardly ever talk about the ending John Stewart adventure, but rather how his adventure starts. Hopefully things will start changing when Green Lantern begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Great interview. GL should set the table for cosmic DC.
    I agree. I think that's what Redjack is trying to do.

Wonder if there will be any connection to what’s going on in the Superbooks? The United Planets are being used here, so Redjack is nodding his head to that corner, and PKJ is going to take Supes in a cosmic direction. There’s also a “event” coming in September that the Superman books will be at the core of, wonder if GL will tie into that?
    From what I remember in the interview, is that Redjack did talk about the Superbooks, regarding the United Planets. It's interesting, because how does this concept fit within the Green Lantern mythos. So we have to wonder how big of a role United Planets will be in the Green Lantern mythos. Would this new government even cause a conflict with the Green Lantern Corps if they don't need lantern assistance anymore? So it does leave in some questions. I didn't know that the superbooks is moving towards the cosmic angle (I might pick it up). So it's possible there can be a connection there. I think the Green Lantern mythos is moving into a new direction, which I think it's needed to build new readership.