Page 8 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-09-2021 at 08:48 AM.

BANNED

Future State: Green Lantern #1
    Writer Geoffrey Thorne, Ryan Cady, Ernie Altbacker
    Artist Tom Raney, Sami Basri, Clayton Henry
    Cover Artist Clayton Henry & Marcelo Maiolo
    Release Date: January 12, 2021

Assigned to map and contact new lifeforms past the 3,600 known sectors of space protected by the Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart and an elite team of Lanterns are trapped behind enemy lines and fighting for their lives when the Central Power Battery goes dark and leaves the entire corps defenseless. Meanwhile, across the cosmos, Green Lantern Jessica Cruz finds herself powerless and forced to battle the invading Yellow Lanterns of the Sinestro Corps, and Guy Gardner, trapped on a distant world, decides to reopen Warriors Bar.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I would love to see John and Hawkgirl together! Loved their story arc in the animated series! I think growing up those two were my favorite of the big 7, little did I know those two weren’t the original founders in the comics lol. How ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John's had a long line of unmemorable girlfriends since Katma Tui died. Hopefully the next one is more memorable. John is long overdue for a compelling romantic interest.
    If John does have a romantic love interest, I'm hoping that it'll be long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I would love to see John and Hawkgirl together! Loved their story arc in the animated series! I think growing up those two were my favorite of the big 7, little did I know those two weren’t the original founders in the comics lol. How ironic
    It was the best! Before I got into comics, I thought John was the founder, because he was a big known comic book character. And I thought Hawkgirl joined, because the of the same. I never thought that John and Hawkgirl was there, because of diversity purposes (although those weren't the main reasons John was put on there).

Speaking of relationships, it looks like John Stewart is going to be featured in DC Love Is A Battlefield:

He's being written by John Ridley and Amancay Nahuelpan being the artist.

With that said, can John Ridley not stop thinking about Xanshi just for one second!? lol

I know I've been critical with the guy for this reason. I don't approve of John dating Fatality. But since he's writing John Stewart, I'll go ahead and pick this up.

BANNED

Speaking of relationships, it looks like John Stewart is going to be featured in DC Love Is A Battlefield:

With that said, can John Ridley not stop thinking about Xanshi just for one second!? lol

I know I've been critical with the guy for this reason. I don't approve of John dating Fatality. But since he's writing John Stewart, I'll go ahead and pick this up.
    Van Jensen handled that Fatality editorial mandate better than anyone else could, but it's a pretty icky situation that should be discarded. I mean, does DC actually want John to be likable? Ridley may be going the way of Priest, where I want him to stay as far away from John as possible. Maybe Ridley will do something good with this, but I doubt it at this point.

Is there another character whose accomplishments are wiped away while the stuff that makes him look bad keep coming up? Wally West, maybe? Anyway, it's ****ing weird business decision-making.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-09-2021 at 05:17 PM.

I know I'm the minority (per usual ) but I actually like John with Fatality, and I think she is part of the puzzle for properly putting Xanshi storyline to bed for John. to me, if Carol is allowed to murder John's wife and move past it, and Hal can super murder the entire Corps and move on, I'm fine with them going back and developing his relationship with Fatality the right way if it's done well; because neither character are really in the wrong for how they feel, and that's what makes them compelling and plausible to salvage imo. If this were someone like Geoff Johns writing it I wouldn't trust it nor would I be interested in reading it, at all, but Ridley has done nothing but impressed me (so far) since he's been at DC this time around; I trust his pen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I know I'm the minority (per usual ) but I actually like John with Fatality, and I think she is part of the puzzle for properly putting Xanshi storyline to bed for John. to me, if Carol is allowed to murder John's wife and move past it, and Hal can super murder the entire Corps and move on, I'm fine with them going back and developing his relationship with Fatality the right way if it's done well; because neither character are really in the wrong for how they feel, and that's what makes them compelling and plausible to salvage imo. If this were someone like Geoff Johns writing it I wouldn't trust it nor would I be interested in reading it, at all, but Ridley has done nothing but impressed me (so far) since he's been at DC this time around; I trust his pen.
    I maintain that's been stealth retconned.