Page 85 of 177 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2641

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If I remember correctly, both John and Hal were trending back when they announced the show in October? People were asking about them not being being part of the main cast. Now, sure, what we currently see does seem to come mostly from the Snyder Cut crowd, but I don't think that's indicative of the level of general public awareness towards the JS character. Personally I don't really put too much stock in what's trending on some BS app because to me that's not indicative of what the global general audience feels about anything in entertainment, mostly it's just a select group of people blowing things up like fans of K-pop bands or TV shows. Still, any interest about GL in 2021 is a good thing and Guy and co deserve to get some spotlight.
    I have faith that DC has plans for John Stewart on the big screen. I think he's going to show up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Although the DC Fandom does seem like a long time, I don't see any big progress happening by then. At most, we may get to see a small GLC teaser. But I'm expecting that more casting is going to be made before we reach to DC Fandom.
    Logo, director, scriptwriter, and maybe even casting a John feels reasonable to me, if they’ve even started. But I don’t expect a script to be finished by the end of the year.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But they said who was going to be in that series back in October.

Nobody was screaming for John.

Yet a certain movie mentions him.

Now they are screaming for him. Where was all these John "fans" back in October. Because it seems to be that OTHER group more than John Stewart fans doing it.
    Isn't the same was when people complained John wasn't the lead in the movie?

I wonder if it would be different if they were promoting Jessica more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Logo, director, scriptwriter, and maybe even casting a John feels reasonable to me, if they’ve even started. But I don’t expect a script to be finished by the end of the year.
    We're ways away from seeing a footage. So we may see something happening sometime next year.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't the same was when people complained John wasn't the lead in the movie?

I wonder if it would be different if they were promoting Jessica more.
    NO this is mainly Snyder Cut fans-I could only get through 10 posts before the next 30 was them. In the case of the movie-Justice League cartoon was still fresh and Hal had not made an appearance outside of comics at that time.

I could excuse that but this-we have seen Jessica, Hal, Guy and John in outside media by now.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think they want to focus on the HBO Max show first, then once they see what works (and what doesn't) there, they'll build on that for the John Stewart-focused movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think they want to focus on the HBO Max show first, then once they see what works (and what doesn't) there, they'll build on that for the John Stewart-focused movie.
    The HBO MAX show will directly lead into the Green Lantern movie. It will probably be in its own universe and not connected to the DCEU.

But they said who was going to be in that series back in October.

Nobody was screaming for John.

Yet a certain movie mentions him.

Now they are screaming for him. Where was all these John "fans" back in October. Because it seems to be that OTHER group more than John Stewart fans doing it.
    They are doing a GL project.
    They announced casting for said project.
    It wasn't the character that most people think of when they hear 'Green Lantern'.
    Most regular people don't follow every bit of news that comes out, it's usually something big like casting and trailers that grabs their attention.
    This is 2011 GL all over again and they still haven't learned their lesson.
    This has *nothing* to do with the SnyderCut and everything to do with the lasting power of JLU.
    It doesn't matter how hard Johns/Didio/EVS tries to bury him, John Stewart is here to say and all their efforts are for naught.

Incredible Member

NO this is mainly Snyder Cut fans-I could only get through 10 posts before the next 30 was them. In the case of the movie-Justice League cartoon was still fresh and Hal had not made an appearance outside of comics at that time.

I could excuse that but this-we have seen Jessica, Hal, Guy and John in outside media by now.
    Hal Jordan was supposed to be one of the main characters in the Justice League cartoon along with Aquaman. But the creators decided to replace them with John Stewart and Hawkgirl because they wanted a black character and another woman on the team. There was a video where Bruce Timm showed a picture of the JL with Hal and Aquaman.

So? They did multiple line up before deciding on the final one, including ones that had Robin, Black Lightning, Nightshade and a female Cyborg.

Given how much focus they got on the show John and Shayera weren't added *just* for the sake of diversity either.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So? They did multiple line up before deciding on the final one, including ones that had Robin, Black Lightning, Nightshade and a female Cyborg.

Given how much focus they got on the show John and Shayera weren't added *just* for the sake of diversity either.
    The original intent was to add them for more diversity because the JL was extremely male and White... fortunately it turned out great and we got two amazing characters from the show. Shayera and John owe their popularity to that show

Incredible Member

I loved the Justice League line up they decided. Yes, the characters were amazing, Hawkgirl especially. She is one of my favorites. I just mentioned the reason why Hal didn't appear on the show. That's all. I have nothing against John Stewart as a character tho.
    Last edited by Veni; 04-30-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    The original intent was to add them for more diversity because the JL was extremely male and White... fortunately it turned out great and we got two amazing characters from the show. Shayera and John owe their popularity to that show
    In terms with John, that was one of the reasons. They mentioned John was a great addition, not just because of his diversity, but his no nonsense personality fit well with Wally's personality.

Even though the Green Lantern/Flash dynamic has always been known as a tradition in history, but I always thought John and Wally's friendship was iconic, because of their personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I loved the Justice League line up they decided. Yes, the characters were amazing, Hawkgirl especially. She is one of my favorites. I just mentioned the reason why Hal didn't appear on the show. That's all. I have nothing against John Stewart as a character tho.
    I don't think no one is saying otherwise. Thanks for contributing in the John Stewart thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    John Stewart focused? Isn't Hal Jordan going to be co-leading in the movie as well?

they just cast Guy Gardner so...... will see
    The J-man