Page 88 of 177 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2641

Loved all the deep DC Lore cuts in today’s GL issue. Reading the sentence “threads of Hypertime, eruptions from the Bleed” had me grinning from ear to ear. This is doing a fantastic job of making the DC Cosmic scene feel huge. John continues to be written well, he’s brave, loyal, and willing to call out the Guardians. “Could you have possibly handled that worse” got a laugh out of me. Really excited to get the next issue because it looks like the set up is over and now we’re going to get rolling.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved all the deep DC Lore cuts in today’s GL issue. Reading the sentence “threads of Hypertime, eruptions from the Bleed” had me grinning from ear to ear. This is doing a fantastic job of making the DC Cosmic scene feel huge. John continues to be written well, he’s brave, loyal, and willing to call out the Guardians. “Could you have possibly handled that worse” got a laugh out of me. Really excited to get the next issue because it looks like the set up is over and now we’re going to get rolling.
    When was the last time the Guardians did something right?

Incredible Member

I wonder if Kyle Rayner will try to become the White Lantern again and attempt to save the Green lantern Corps? According to his wikipedia entry as a White Lantern, using the Life Equation, he had the ability to absorb and wield all of the colors of the emotional spectrum and also create his own version of reality. I see his White Lantern ring as a camera that's filming scenes from a movie.-. Similar to virtual and augmented reality. As a White lantern Kyle should be able to create dead fakes of people and things such as whole cities and the natural environment. And because he can wield all of the colors of the spectrum the deep fakes should look and feel like the real thing. So, what if some scenes in Green Lantern # 2 were deep fakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time the Guardians did something right?
    They’ve been massive screw ups since Emerald Twilight. The munchkins need to retire lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

They’ve been massive screw ups since Emerald Twilight. The munchkins need to retire lol.
    Bring back the Controllers/Darkstars (or L.E.G.I.O.N.!) and let them police the galaxy. Make all GL's free agents, I say!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I enjoyed this issue! I like the foundation that the writer is laying here. Based off of interviews, I suspected that there's going to be significant changes on how the GLC operate. It's nice that it's actually confirmed.

Even though I hate it when writers bring up Xanshi, but I have no problem on how it was used here. He used it in a way on how John's character could be more related to the Guardians than any other GL. The writer sort of turned it from a negative to a positive.

Marco Santucci's art:

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Bring back the Controllers/Darkstars (or L.E.G.I.O.N.!) and let them police the galaxy. Make all GL's free agents, I say!
    I am curious to see how the peacekeeping force of the United Planets, the United over in Bendis JL, interacts with the GLC when they return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Even though I hate it when writers bring up Xanshi, but I have no problem on how it was used here. He used it in a way on how John's character could be more related to the Guardians than any other GL. The writer sort of turned it from a negative to a positive.
    I did like how the Guardians drew a connection between how John and they handled Xanshi and Krypton respectively, curious what made Xanshi a Crux World though. Wonder if that will be explored more.

Also yeah Santucci’s art is fantastic, really hope he sticks around on the book (I know Raney will be doing a few issues).

BANNED

"The universe oscillates. The multiverse branches. The omniverse endures. Linear time is an illusion. Death is only a door."

Bars.

BANNED

Saw Denzel on Netflix in the Pelican Brief--

Pretty much John Stewart, lol

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Saw Denzel on Netflix in the Pelican Brief--

Pretty much John Stewart, lol
    In Nerd Heaven, Washington co-starred with Dennis Quaid as Hal in a GLCorps movie circa 1987 with Angela Bassett as Katma Tui, Gena Davis as Star Sapphire, and David Bowie as Sinestro

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I wonder if Kyle Rayner will try to become the White Lantern again and attempt to save the Green lantern Corps? According to his wikipedia entry as a White Lantern, using the Life Equation, he had the ability to absorb and wield all of the colors of the emotional spectrum and also create his own version of reality. I see his White Lantern ring as a camera that's filming scenes from a movie.-. Similar to virtual and augmented reality. As a White lantern Kyle should be able to create dead fakes of people and things such as whole cities and the natural environment. And because he can wield all of the colors of the spectrum the deep fakes should look and feel like the real thing. So, what if some scenes in Green Lantern # 2 were deep fakes?
    As I recall, didn’t Kyle create 6 other White Lanterns to avoid being corrupted by the Life Equation’s potential. It really depends on whether Manhattan destroyed them when he blasted Kyle back down to Green

Surprised Ryutt isn’t a crux world, considering that screw up led to the creation of the GLC

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I've never been a fan of Green Lantern franchise, but I always liked John and Alan. However, I'm loving this run so far. It shows how big and rich the GL can be; Thorne's writing is really good. I'd say He's perfect for a book like this.

I'm disgusted by the hate He's getting from certain fans. He had to protect his twitter account, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I've never been a fan of Green Lantern franchise, but I always liked John and Alan. However, I'm loving this run so far. It shows how big and rich the GL can be; Thorne's writing is really good. I'd say He's perfect for a book like this.

I'm disgusted by the hate He's getting from certain fans. He had to protect his twitter account, for example.
    thank you. i appreciate that.

and don't worry about my feed. the death threats flare up around the date of the issue drop. i'll put it back to normal soon.