Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I maintain that's been stealth retconned.
    When the hell did that happen? As a casual who has only read bits of pre-Johns GL, I don’t remember seeing that. Certainly feels like something that’s been stealth retconned Marvel style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Speaking of relationships, it looks like John Stewart is going to be featured in DC Love Is A Battlefield:

He's being written by John Ridley and Amancay Nahuelpan being the artist.

With that said, can John Ridley not stop thinking about Xanshi just for one second!? lol

I know I've been critical with the guy for this reason. I don't approve of John dating Fatality. But since he's writing John Stewart, I'll go ahead and pick this up.
    These anthologies are stand alone so what Ridley does here won’t impact what Thorne’s plans are. I’m tired of Xanshi rehashes too, but Ridley has been doing a good job so far, I’ll give him a chance here. Art is going to be fantastic at least, that’s the JLD artist and he’s great!

It was the best! Before I got into comics, I thought John was the founder, because he was a big known comic book character. And I thought Hawkgirl joined, because the of the same. I never thought that John and Hawkgirl was there, because of diversity purposes (although those weren't the main reasons John was put on there).
    Me either! Lol that’s how well done they were on the show. Still two of my favorite DC characters to this day. JLU did wonders for John and Hawkgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When the hell did that happen? As a casual who has only read bits of pre-Johns GL, I don’t remember seeing that. Certainly feels like something that’s been stealth retconned Marvel style.
    I think the one time Johns referenced Katma's death he said she was killed by just "a" Star Sapphire, not Carol.

I mean, continuity has shifted a ton since then that I'd be surprised if it was kept 100% intact in-canon now; I think that's partially why Katma isn't touched on that much. however, my point is, if DC can find a way to have a these characters' most horrible acts something of the past and sweep them under the rug, and fans just accept that, I don't see what's the harm in seeing if a writer like Ridley (who's done good work so far) cant find a way to make John and Fatality work when both characters come from a genuinely understandable place. I actually didn't mind Fatality and John's relationship, I saw what they were going for (clearly Ridley picked it up too, in his own way) and I think it could work with further development.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

These anthologies are stand alone so what Ridley does here won’t impact what Thorne’s plans are. I’m tired of Xanshi rehashes too, but Ridley has been doing a good job so far, I’ll give him a chance here. Art is going to be fantastic at least, that’s the JLD artist and he’s great!
    I assumed that it was retconned with the new 52, I mean since Flash-point have you ever heard of John being married outside the alternate future at the end of Geoff John’s run where he’s married and I believe a mayor (maybe it was a senator I’d have to go back and check, I just remember John at a podium).

Edit: Found the image, looks like he’s a Senator or Congressman of some kind.

A3F77742-565D-4379-8F55-9E627977AC6C.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-09-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

I certainly think it was.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of relationships, it looks like John Stewart is going to be featured in DC Love Is A Battlefield:

He's being written by John Ridley and Amancay Nahuelpan being the artist.

With that said, can John Ridley not stop thinking about Xanshi just for one second!? lol

I know I've been critical with the guy for this reason. I don't approve of John dating Fatality. But since he's writing John Stewart, I'll go ahead and pick this up.
    I don't know what new spin he can add here.

Be a pal, and report if it is any good.

Let's hope so.

BANNED

Attachment 104573

A nice moment between Alan and John.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED