Page 99 of 177 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2641
    BANNED

Awesome issue and balance among the characters.

It looks like John is in a place where time passes more quickly. If that's right, that could help recalibrate to the Future State timeline.

So John is basically wearing a star trek uniform now right? That's basically what the new suit from this issue looks like.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Didn't really like the first part with John, not a fan of the art and the page where he is talking and in the corner we got boxes saying that time is passing. I see it sometimes in other comics as well and I really don't like how characters are still having same conversation but supposedly 50 days passed. I haven't read Future State issues so can anyone clarify what happens there? John is on same planet?

This was the issue that's finally captured my attention. I enjoyed John's part, personally I would be more into John ending up with the Avatar alien (I forget her name) over the Hawkgirl stand-in honestly; I dig his dynamic with her and her kid. I REALLY didn't like the passage of time bit only because the conversation flowing across days took me out of it. it would've been better if they just got that part of the exposition out the way before the montage and have them taking about different things each time jump to show their rapport evolving instead. the way that specific part was handled was just poor in my opinion but it's a small part of a largely really solid story.

I really liked Jo's part, I felt this issue did a good job showing off her character. I like that Simon is teaming up with her and I felt him being mentally prepared for the ring failing and being quick to upgrade with a cybernetic gun was a nice touch; it was a solid call back to his run in Green Lanterns. I also thought the Hal scene was a very clever way if keeping him relevant but on the back burner while we let the others shine, since we're coming off his solo run. I was passively interested before (because I've been pretty starved for decent to good John content) but I'm definitely a bit more actively interested now.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Bearded John looked pretty good, they should keep that look honestly. Otherwise I liked that John built the “lighthouse”, guessing since it wasn’t built using the rings it’s still standing and will be important for the upcoming plot. Was good to see John use his architect background.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    GL's and jackets .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I can't say that I'm a giant fan of John's new costume. The Cully Hamner redesign that Timm later refined is one of the best costumes in superhero comics. I don't dislike this new look. It's a fun alternate outfit for John, which he certainly could use more of, but I hope this is only a temporary one.

Presumably, John's on New Genesis given the awesome flying discs he's got now. I love those.

BANNED

GLC: TAS

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can't say that I'm a giant fan of John's new costume. The Cully Hamner redesign that Timm later refined is one of the best costumes in superhero comics. I don't dislike this new look. It's a fun alternate outfit for John, which he certainly could use more of, but I hope this is only a temporary one.

Presumably, John's on New Genesis given the awesome flying discs he's got now. I love those.
    It reminds me too much of Guy. Or Star Trek.

Heck, even Alan is wearing something similar in the new JSA illustration.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It reminds me too much of Guy. Or Star Trek.

Heck, even Alan is wearing something similar in the new JSA illustration.
    This?

BANNED

BANNED