Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I have seen a panel where the redhead Marvel Girl is walking arm-in-arm with him.
    I LIKED that! I like to think MG can see him thru all the muscle and bluster to be a gentle, kind and noble man.

Another redhead I'd like to see notice this in Japan's greatest hero is Firestar...
    LOL, I remember not like Sunfire, as I though he would get into between Spider-man and Firestar's relationship. Lord, I was shipping as a kid.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I have seen a panel where the redhead Marvel Girl is walking arm-in-arm with him.
    I LIKED that! I like to think MG can see him thru all the muscle and bluster to be a gentle, kind and noble man.

Another redhead I'd like to see notice this in Japan's greatest hero is Firestar...
    It's pretty refreshing to see an Asian character in the 70s without the stereotypical accent.

BANNED

Live action version of said Asian character from the 70s in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is to do without the stereotypical accent as well.

I just got my Marvel Legends Sunfire AoA figure. It is quite amazing! Very translucent. Amazing fire effect. Putting him on a window still looks gorgeous.

I wished we would get a better, new design for Sunfire inspired by his Age of Apocalypse look though. It is just so much better than everything else he wore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The AOA Sunfire was the best design Shiro has ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If it were a new character, I would love it. But since this is Sunfire, I can only consider it my second fave:

Personally, the classic Sunfire design will always be my TOP favorite:

Mine as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Glad that Pepe kept Shiro out of the war crimes suit for this book (flashbacks aside, but, not much to be done about the past).
    Hmmm...Interpreting his original design as 'the war crimes suit' is understandable to me when reading about his debut in UX #64...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I thought you all would appreciate this. From Uncanny X-Men #64:

BANNED

Also, as the suit that interprets the character as some sort of 'super-villain' battling the super hero team X-men..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

And a few self-indulgent panels purely for my pleasure ��:

...yeah, ok some tweaking with his AOA design might be just fine.

Just wondering -- do Sunfire's powers have anything to do with the nuking of Hiroshima anymore? In the last 1960s, when he first appeared, it made sense that he would have been born a few years after the bombing and his mutation would be linked to it, but now . . . .
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Just wondering -- do Sunfire's powers have anything to do with the nuking of Hiroshima anymore? In the last 1960s, when he first appeared, it made sense that he would have been born a few years after the bombing and his mutation would be linked to it, but now . . . .
    I have often wondered this myself. I have not seen any in-comic newer explanation though.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

IMO no need. Fine as is like the mutant Magneto being a holocaust survivor.