Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    April solicitations are (unfortunately) quite Steph-less. As for Future State, I really hope those rumors about her aren't true. I mean they were from Bleeding Cool so most likely none of it's true. Hopefully. But the anxiety is killing me
    Solicitations are out?

Quite Steph-less. Not surprised about it.

Yeah, there is a Batgirl story, but it's Babs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

April solicitations are (unfortunately) quite Steph-less. As for Future State, I really hope those rumors about her aren't true. I mean they were from Bleeding Cool so most likely none of it's true. Hopefully. But the anxiety is killing me
    Really? We've had two weeks of Future State titles out,. How are we doing so far?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/90-r...tate-for-2021/

All we know is there will be two Batgirls. So she could be one

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which continuity at what time? Early Rebirth, for example, they each got their own place, though Cass stays over at Steph's apartment unless she's boinking Tim that night.

In Convergence, Tim, Cass, and Steph are staying in the same apartment.
    I just thought at least post crisis they had both being adopted. I'm never sure about their origins anymore. I do have to wonder. So they are all how old just living on their own. Isn't anyone questioning that

Incredible Member

I checked the Bleeding Cool article you must mean (someone posted it on the next page), and while the "rumor" could well be true, it might simply refer to an interesting plot point. It is only referring to someone's belief, it is not confirming the truth of it. Allegations and perceptions can be wrong. There are people who are double-agents! I do not think Steph is going to turn to the dark side. Isn't it bad enough she's been tortured, killed, and now half-blinded? Are they really going to ruin a brand new Batgirl?

Barbara was a double agent inside the recent Bendis Leviathan.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I checked the Bleeding Cool article you must mean (someone posted it on the next page), and while the "rumor" could well be true, it might simply refer to an interesting plot point. It is only referring to someone's belief, it is not confirming the truth of it. Allegations and perceptions can be wrong. There are people who are double-agents! I do not think Steph is going to turn to the dark side. Isn't it bad enough she's been tortured, killed, and now half-blinded? Are they really going to ruin a brand new Batgirl?

Barbara was a double agent inside the recent Bendis Leviathan.
    I agree completely. It's very frustrating that there's no alternate theories that fans are thinking of.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I just thought at least post crisis they had both being adopted. I'm never sure about their origins anymore. I do have to wonder. So they are all how old just living on their own. Isn't anyone questioning that
    in Post Crisis Steph still has her mom, already recovered from drug addiction, so she's staying with her.
    Cass was adopted, but then she's assigned to Batman Incorporated Hong Kong branch, though when she comes to the Manor, she is part of the fam.

Incredible Member

batgirls discord server! here the link

please join!

also i think steph, harper, and cass are roommates right now
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Harper definitely isn't with Cass and Steph, else the latter two would've shown up in the Punchline one-shot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    batgirls discord server! here the link

please join!

also i think steph, harper, and cass are roommates right now
    I think that not.. I remember Cass in Wayne Manor in KING RUN.

[NO SPOILERS]

'Batgirls' was fun at least but man... it kinda just felt like a repurposed Red Hood story ngl. What did y'all think overall?

[NO SPOILERS]

'Batgirls' was fun at least but man... it kinda just felt like a repurposed Red Hood story ngl. What did y'all think overall?
    I thought the voice for Steph was kinda off. She was saying a lot of "babe" and "gorgeous" fuckboy type of words towards Cass, when she's never really acted like that towards Tim before (or ever).

I mean, it was probably a personality she developed for her cover, but I mean... it could also just be bad characterisation. Guess we'll see next month.

And how do we feel about the implied Cass/Steph relationship? Twitter is going wild for it, but I've never picked up on any romantic tension between them. It A) feels like giving Cass yet another romantic interest (which happens with every new writer) and B) yet again putting two members of the bat family in a relationship. You guys remember Barbara/Luke, right?
    Last edited by km_sus; 01-19-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I thought the voice for Steph was kinda off. She was saying a lot of "babe" and "gorgeous" fuckboy type of words towards Cass, when she's never really acted like that towards Tim before (or ever).

I mean, it was probably a personality she developed for her cover, but I mean... it could also just be bad characterisation. Guess we'll see next week.

And how do we feel about the implied Cass/Steph relationship? Twitter is going wild for it, but I've never picked up on any romantic tension between them. It A) feels like giving Cass another romantic interest (which happens with every new writer) and B) yet again putting two members of the bat family in a relationship. You guys remember Barbara/Luke, right?
    Agree with you. Steph and Cass have been nothing more than friends, no sign of sexual tension/or interest for each other in that kind of way. Obviously there's a ten yr gap, so perhaps the missing links to the current (potential) status is there. Could just be friendly talk as well. Fans will blow things to epic proportions when something they want may not actually be there, lol

Yeah, I love them as close friends, but I just don't see them romantically at all. Kind of a random thing to throw in there.