Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I do like it a lot that he is able to add comedy into dire situations, and it works. I guess the model for that was the Buffy way of turning on a dime from comedy to horror to teen angst.

Also, while I can't make any kind of a list, I found lots of plot turns in DCeased and in his Suicide Squad volume that surprised and delighted me. Maybe I don't read enough fiction. I suppose no matter the plot turn, somebody out there will have seen it coming, since nothing is really new. Some people think ahead, knowing how comics work, and figure out how the story will have to end. I tend to get surprised every time which probably just means I'm dumb and easily tricked. (I could spend more time at tvtropes to learn all the tricks of the trade.)

I guess it's fan service? Like, he knows there's a group of Steph fans, so he throws a little of that in. A little for everyone. On the other hand, no one is looking to write pop material like comics that is NOT popular. And fandoms like to be recognized.
    As I said - I understand and sometimes appreciate why Taylor is popular. I just don't like him, since he's preachy, shallow, and very smug.

If you look at what he did with Cass vs. what he did with Steph, there's a clear lack of caring on Taylor's part about Steph particularly. She got to defeat no villains, and had no heroic moments other than uselessly tackling Talia. Now maybe that will turn into something cool in a future series, but as the work stands now, Steph is useless and dead in Taylor's hands, and I don't trust him to use her respectfully at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Spoiler is on the variant cover of Future State: Gotham #3 (July 13), drawn by Rose Besch. I assume she's the artist of that cover, because I recognize Simone Di Meo's work on the main cover. It's an interesting contrast of styles - Di Meo draws no black "inks" at all, just color, while Besch has used super-heavy black, kind of like Adam Hughes.

I had no idea who Steph was, at first. Then I saw some purple, then the eyepatch, then the yellow belt.

The Bleeding Cool copy of the cover is at

https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/...AM_Cv3_var.jpg
    Here's the image:

It's a little hard to tell who Steph is, since her Future State costume hasn't really caught on (as far as I can tell), but I like the style and the colors.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Steph appears in 1 image in ROBIN 1 PREVIEW:

Robin-1-6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Steph appears in 1 image in ROBIN 1 PREVIEW:

Robin-1-6.jpg
    Hooray! The artist for Truth and Justice also confirmed that she'll be in at least a scene!

https://twitter.com/juni_ba/status/1386021280126754818
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    hooray! The artist for truth and justice also confirmed that she'll be in at least a scene!

excellent..

The Batfamily only appeared here.. I saw the comic. Someone in youtube uploaded it..

Anyway I will see the real comic too. I was unable to read some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Hooray! The artist for Truth and Justice also confirmed that she'll be in at least a scene!

Will we see the revival of the Steph/Damian dynamic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will we see the revival of the Steph/Damian dynamic ?
    Unlikely. My guess is it will be a crowd scene. But I'm happy when Steph is included in crowd scenes, as opposed to Pennyworth RIP, where she's completely excluded!

Not directly Steph related, but Cluemaster is going to show up in Batwoman:

OH... How lucky is that idiot of Cluemaster.

Extraordinary Member

And Morgan Kohan will be playing Stephanie:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

I...don't know how to feel. This seems a bit too much like Cass in Birds of Prey to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Steph with tattoos and red hair? Uh...

I'm unreasonably disappointed that apparently none of the articles about this went for the "Batwoman casts [SPOILER]" sort of headline.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm unreasonably disappointed that apparently none of the articles about this went for the "Batwoman casts [SPOILER]" sort of headline.
    As am I. The REAL disappointment here

That absolutely is Steph related, considering she's in the episode too. In fact I bet that's the back of her head on there, considering the other photo shows she's a redhead.

Maybe if she eventually suits up, she'll use a wig too, like Batwoman does?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Red head? Oy. Barbara is to iconic as the red head in the Batfamily to have Stephnie as a red head as well especially when the character (in comics) is a fellow Batgirl. And the tattoos....will the Arrowverse strike again in a lousy adaption of a beloved character?