Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Yes, they're all current.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Indeed, that Tim Drake story mentioned the current codename confusion (i.e. him recently going by Drake as his hero name), that Damian was out of town (which matches his solo book), and had Barbara as Oracle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batman Urban Legends revealed something about Steph - she's no longer with Tim.
    Because of course .

They've been here before. It's more or less where they were just before Flashpoint.

From what I understand, they're currently operating on the premise that Future State: Robin Eternal (written by the same person as the Tim Drake story in Urban Legends) is a possible future; and the breakup of Tim and Stephanie is part of that. That said, they're explicitly not locked into that being the inevitable future.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Incredible Member

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but Steph appears (rather inexplicably in a version of her old Robin costume) in the preview pages for Batman vs. Bigby: A Wolf in Gotham #1, alongside Damien and… Tim? Maybe? Hard to say.

https://screenrant.com/fables-comic-...1eHbbA_yo1IAFk

If memory serves, Bill Willingham was writing Robin during Steph’s brief stint as Robin, so maybe this is a nod to that.

Yes he did.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Robin_Vol_2_126

Steph as Robin when Damian is around? Yeah, that's a clear sign that this is an AU (Fables isn't usually set in the DC Universe, so this can't be Prime Earth).

EDIT: Actually, looking closer, you can see that the Robin on the roof has a staff, I think THAT's Tim, and the other male Robin is Dick - I guess that this is a world where he never became Nightwing - note they all have completely yellow capes, but Tim's and Steph's should be black on the outside.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-11-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It won't surprise me if this turns out to be a special event where the robins are concerned: possibly something that results in all five of them suiting up as Robin.

Or perhaps something stranger, such as them being Fables.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Haven’t seen it mentioned yet, but Steph appears (rather inexplicably in a version of her old Robin costume) in the preview pages for Batman vs. Bigby: A Wolf in Gotham #1, alongside Damien and… Tim? Maybe? Hard to say.

If memory serves, Bill Willingham was writing Robin during Steph’s brief stint as Robin, so maybe this is a nod to that.
    Willingham Not only was writing Robin at the time, but he's the one who suggested that Stephanie become Robin. And after she did, he championed her continuing in the role. We lost that fight, of course; but he did at least try.

But as I said in my last post, I don't think that her being in her Robin suit here is merely a touch of nostalgia. There's a saying: once is an accident, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. From what I'm hearing here, there are no less than four of the kids who at one point or another were Robin appearing as Robin. I can only speculate as to why that is; but it's clearly part of the writer's plan.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    . . . But as I said in my last post, I don't think that her being in her Robin suit here is merely a touch of nostalgia. There's a saying: once is an accident, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. From what I'm hearing here, there are no less than four of the kids who at one point or another were Robin appearing as Robin. I can only speculate as to why that is; but it's clearly part of the writer's plan.
    Maybe they're leading up to . . . Crisis of Infinte Robins?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post

Now everyone's a Robin .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now everyone's a Robin .
    Hey, even Bruce Wayne was a Robin.
    Detective Comics #226 (December 1955)

Fanart

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart
    Reminds me of that time-traveling Batgirls story Bryan Q. Miller teased at the end of his run.